♚ F I V E ♚

♚ I R E M E M B E R ♚

 

Dangerous Underground Cohorts and Conspiracies Department of Seoul

 

 

 

 

File: Zelo 

Group: BAP (Best Absolute Perfect)

 Position: Maknae

Status: Alive & Free

Rank of Danger: 9

Known For: Although young & fiesty, an impeccable fighter and prominent strategist. 

His talents are quite well-rounded. Mischevious, he came from the countryside

and immediately joined B.A.P. Has strong ties with the underground.

Don't underestimate him.  

 

 

♚♔♚♔♚♔

 

F I V E

 

 

 

 

The first thing I noticed was his face.

 

His jawline shifted, his mouth setting into a slow grimace as he stared at me. I suddenly felt self-conscious, hoping that he couldn’t tell the slight lift of my chest or how I was at least a foot shorter than he was. His dark eyes that stared at me were hollow and cold, but I could tell he was observing me and wondering what to think. Unlike the platinum blond of Himchan’s, however, leader’s hair was a bright reddish-brown color, shorn slightly at the sides, which contrasted with his black tank. I could tell that although he was slim, his arms were thick with muscles, and his stomach was flat and ripped.“Meet our new member, leader,” Himchan said, his physique looking almost lanky in comparison to Yong Guk’s. “Jung Io. This kid can fight and talk his way out of anything.” As he said it, I laughed inwardly. You’ve never even seen me in action, Himchan, I said in my mind, smiling from the faith Himchan had in me. 

 

There was a moment of silence before Yong Guk took off his necklace and placed it on the desk.

 

“You think you could fool me, Himchan?”

 

The leader’s voice was terse and clipped, and his sudden intrusion into my introduction left Himchan confused. “I thought we talked about this, leader, that I recruited a new member.”

 

“You didn’t tell me that the new member was a girl. That she was Jung Kwang Su’s little sister.”

 

How the did he know? I stared at Himchan, but he looked just as taken aback as I was. “Leader-“ Himchan began, trying to negotiate, but Yong Guk turned away from his coolly with all the experience of someone in control. While Himchan was used to following orders, Yong Guk was capable of making them, and never once took his eyes off of me while he spoke. “If you’re planning to avenge your brother, it’s not going to happen, Io. Killing others doesn’t bring any lives back – there is no “exchange a life for a life.” I’m sure Himchan already told you the disadvantages of being in a gang.”

 

“He did,” I said, staring at him with all the strength I could muster.  

 

“Well, obviously he didn’t tell you enough. Get out.”

 

The leader froze me out and shut my presence away, while I stared at him with my mouth open.

 

“What can I do to get into the gang? You’ve probably seen many people die. But I’ve only seen one, and he was my brother. I need to find out what he was doing, what was happening to him, why he was killed. I won’t rest until I can get the truth. Himchan has told me that maybe I don't want to know the truth, that I shouldn't join a gang. But every night, ever since that day, all I can think of is the way he died. I don't just want revenge - that would be too easy. I want to finish the person who killed my brother. I want to destroy the whole gang that he's in, so that can't hurt others like they did to me. I know you think I won’t be able to, that I’ll regret it. But I need to do this - if you don't take me in, I'll go to another gang.”

 

“Please,” I added, looking at him with not desperation, but hunger to get in.

 

His gaze flickered to me and then Himchan, who was giving him a look. I didn’t know what Himchan was mouthing to him, but I didn’t care – because I wanted more than anything to become a member. My brother had died a year ago and yet I still remembered the scene as if it were yesterday. I wasn’t going to let this chance to find out why he was killed to slip from my hands.

 

“I’ll let you stay here until you find the truth.”

 

“Thank you – “ I began, my heart feeling a leap of joy at the confirmation.

 

“You’re not allowed to stay at Himchan’s until you’ve been initiated for at least half a year.”

 

I nodded again, grateful for Yong Guk’s trust.

 

“But once you’ve found out, you’re done. You’re not allowed in here anymore,” He said, looking at me seriously.

 

I grinned, bowing to nearly 90 degrees. Relief flooded my chest and excitement hurtled through my mind as I realized that I was finally in. I was finally a member of B.A.P. I could ignore the questions of my brother's death and get to work finding out what had really happened. Perhaps these guys knew who he was, as well. I could feel my cheeks stretch from my smile, but before I could thank the leader one last time, however, he said words that chilled me to the bone. My back stood straight from shock as I heard his next words. 

 

“If you ever do get discovered, I’ll kill Himchan myself.”

 

 

There wasn’t an ounce of fear on Himchan’s face when we walked out of the office.

 

“What does the newbie look so scared about, hyung?” A member suddenly asked, staring at me with interest. While we were sitting in what was called the “living room” of their hideout, the boyishly cute kid had come about, snacking on an apple and holding a portable gaming console in the other. He looked like a little monkey; with large, rounded eyes, curly blond hair, and a tall frame that seemed as if it were still in the process of growing, he was awkwardly cute yet handsome. “Zelo, meet Io. Io, meet Zelo,” Himchan introduced us casually, although the child seemed friendly enough.

 

Leaping over the couch and settling into it, he stared at us for a while before speaking.

 

“Yonggie hyung is always like that. It’s called the initiation process. He’s threatened all of us with the exact same words, and every single time he’s extremely predictable, which can be a bad thing. However, with us on the team, he hasn’t once messed up yet,” the kid grinned, showing off his perfectly white teeth. “To be honest, the only one he hasn’t threatened to kill yet is me, really.” Himchan smirked, deciding to insult the younger boy. “That’s because you’re still underage, you little brat,” He retorted, as he headlocked Zelo. The maknae choked on his apple but flipped out of the hold gracefully, although Himchan definitely had the upper hand in strength. “No, it’s because you at fighting and can only play around with women,” Zelo shot back, sticking out his tongue. A smile lit up my face as I listened to their brotherly bantering, until another voice popped out from nowhere.

 

“YAH, YOU STINKY BRAT, PEE-LO,” A roar suddenly came from one of the bedrooms.

 

“Uh-oh. Jong Up hyung sounds angry,” Zelo said, but a huge grin was on his face.

 

“STEALING MY GAMING CONSOLE YOU LITTLE GOOD-FOR-NOTHING MOTHERFU-”

 

A taller, older boy dressed in rumpled clothes came out, his black shorts and white tank crinkled and his hair looking like a haystack. His face was set into a snarl, but when he saw me his eyes widened and his volume completely toned down. His smoothed down his fringe, grabbed a stray hoodie from the back of a chair (“hey, that’s mine!” Zelo yelled, frowning,) and bowed slightly. “Welcome to our group, hyung,” he said, his voice light and polite, unlike the curse-enlightened, vicious snaps he’d made towards Zelo. “I’m Jong Up.” I bowed, unused to the sudden male attention, and introduced myself. “I’m _______-“

 

Himchan made a cutting motion at the neck.

 

“Io. Jung Io.” I said firmly, lowering my voice purposely, trying to sound as manly as possible.

 

“Pleased to meet you,” Jong Up said, before running over to the couch and lunging at Zelo. Zelo let out a wild howl and stood up on the couch cushions, swinging his arms and making monkey sounds. As Jong Up prepared to punch him, Zelo deftly jumped off the back of the couch and caught at the neck of a hammock, gently swinging himself over to the dining table on the other end of the room. “Come catch me, Jong Up! Looks like someone needs some more exercise – is that the fastest that you can run, little man?” Zelo teased, making an innocent face. “Do excuse me,” Jong Up said as he let out a loud snarl, chasing after Zelo until he had his arms around the boy’s neck. “Apologize and give it back to me, you little-”

 

“HAHHAH!” Zelo let out another voracious laugh as he flung the console at Jong Up’s face.

 

“!” Jong Up yelled as Zelo ran into his bedroom, locking the door. His laughter was still audible.

 

“WE SHARE THE SAME ROOM, CHOI JOON HONG. YOU BETTER COME OUT IF YOU WANNA LIVE, STUPID PUNK,” Jong Up yelled, pounding on the door. I glanced at Himchan, who shrugged his shoulders. “They’re always fighting like that. It’s a miracle that they’re still alive even though they share the same room,” he said, grinning. “Just ignore them, they’re both going to die at each other’s hands anyways.” Taking once last look behind me, I followed Himchan into the kitchen area. “You hungry?” He asked, opening the refrigerator and making a sweep across it with his eyes. “Damn, the place is empty. Having a pre-pubescent boy around who can’t control his hormones and his appetite is pretty exhausting,” he muttered, glaring at the doorway this time.

 

All of a sudden, the door burst open, and a boy walked in with groceries at his arms.

 

“Yah, Himchan, so it was you who stole all the food! I’m broke now and can’t pay for any more groceries!” The boy yelled, looking furiously at Himchan.

 

“It wasn’t me, Daehyun!” Himchan complained. “Come on, you know it’s Zelo-“

 

“You just don’t like him because he’s better looking and nearly a decade younger,” Daehyun said, rolling his eyes. He caught my gaze and he gave a big smile towards me, waving the bags around cutely. “Yah, new kid! First thing you should know is that food is relatively scarce here. You’re going to need to stock up in order to train like we do – since you’re awful skinny for a boy. And secondly, don’t sit next to Himchan for dinner, because he eats more than our whole group combined.” I laughed at that, and Himchan gave me a glare. Punching him in the arm, Daehyun went to place the food in the refrigerator, while Himchan pouted. I flung an apple from the counter at him, laughing as it hit his face. “Man, I have great aim. I’m probably going to beat you in everything during training,” I smirked, slapping his shoulder.

 

“,” he said,

“,” I retorted back.

 

We both laughed in unison, and I realized that I hadn't once been so happy for the past year - until now. Until I became a member of B.A.P.