♚ T W O

♚ I R E M E M B E R ♚

 

 

 

Dangerous Underground Cohorts &

 

Conspiracies Department of Seoul

 

 

 

tumblr_mifxbhldVM1qgydc2o1_500.gif

 

 

File: Yoo Young Jae (유영재)

Group: BAP (Best Absolute Perfect)

DOB: January 24, 1994

 Position: Computer Analysis, "Database" 

Status: Alive & Free

Rank of Danger: 9

Known For: Unknown family background. Excellent with

coordinates and orientation, never gets lost and has photographic memory. Collects evidence

and helps BAP in tracking down enemies. The public speaker of the group and always

resolves all conflicts to do with the gang. Prefers brain to brawns.  

 

 

♚♔♚♔♚♔

 

 

T W O 

 

 

I stared at the flat in front of me as Himchan waved his hand with a flourish, a proud look on his face materializing once we entered it. “Welcome to my humble home,” he said, displaying his modernly furnished living space. With glass tables, high ceilings, and beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows, it looked as if his home had leaped right out from an interior design magazine. The black hardwood floors and lush carpets gave the room a relaxing and rejuvenating feel, while the strange cleanliness gave it a finished, polished look. “I knew you liked women, Himchan,” I said, remembering everything I could about BAP from the files the police often released, “but I didn’t know you were also so loaded.”

 

“You don’t know a lot of things about me, sweetheart,” He said, his voice warm, but his eyes cold. 

 

Knowing that I’d possibly touched upon a sore subject, I tried to change the subject. “Well, let’s see if your room is just as nice,” I said, as I placed my bag down on the couch. “If it looks anything like you, I’ll probably puke,” I bantered, watching him from the corner of my eyes.There was a hardness about Himchan, as if he were a lost little brother. Although he smiled quite often, he seemed to be angry on the inside, and I had this strange feeling of protectiveness towards him, as if he were a fragile thing. 

 

However, he merely laughed at my teasing. The flicker of unease I'd seen earlier disappeared like the wind. 

 

Walking in front of me with his usual confident manner and taking the lead, he lazily swung his arm over my shoulders.  “That’s the best part of this house, honey,” he said, as I rolled my eyes and plucked his arm off. He pouted, but I ignored him as I was amazed by his bedroom. Small steps from the doorway led to a circular loft, which showcased the bed that sat right in the middle. Windows surrounded the whole room, and made it seem as if there was a 360 degree view of the Seoul skyline. I snickered as I saw the huge blow-up photo of him above his bed, but the room was just as meticulously clean as the rest of his living space. As beautiful and pleasant as the space aws, I found it all strange and unnatural, as if the flat was for show and not an actual home. Although it was high-end, it looked as if he barely lived in it. Looking at his bookshelf, I ran my finger over the smooth surface, and felt a layer of dust collect on it, affirming my suspicions. 


"You like it?" He asked. "We can share the bed together."

 

"Cocky bastard," I snapped, punching him in the arm. "I'd rather sleep on the streets than on your bed," I snarled.

 

He laughed, exaggerating animatedly by clutching his heart and pretending to choke. I shook my head, but I was grinning at his lighthearted jab. “Well, princess, although I'd love to jump into bed with you-"

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

"We can’t let you enter BAP looking like that.” He finished, putting his hand on his chin in a thinking pose while eyeing me carefully.

 

“What?”

 

He took a pair of scissors from his drawer and made me sit down in front of his mirror. Taking a towel and placing it on my shoulders, he took my ponytail and made one quick snip, chopping it so that it now hung right below my ears.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?”

 

I yelled in frustration, but he pushed my shoulder down and shook his head. “You said you wanted to join a gang, so you’re going to have to look like a gang member. Good girls don’t go underground, sweetheart, so you’re going to juts going to have to disguise yourself as a boy." He said it plainly and without a trace of emotion, but I was in a frenzy and my heart was starting to race in panic. Staring at my raven locks which were now lying in strands on the floor, I bit my lip in frustration. I knew I had to do this for my brother, but my mother always told me that hair was a woman’s pride. There was nothing she devoted more products to and cared for more on her body than her hair. I hadn’t cut my hair short since mother’s death, since relatives often complimented me on my resemblance to her when I had my hair down. Ironically now, however, I was set on looking like my brother.

 

Placing my hands over my eyes, I shut them tightly. I didn't want to see it happen. I didn't want to see the last memory of my mother being taken away by someone who was almost a stranger. 

 

"Looking like someone doesn't mean anything. Having their personality in you - that's what counts. That's how you remember people," he said softly, his hands moving gently on my hair. 

 

"If you're going to cut my hair, cut it nicely," I said, slightly touched by Himchan's thoughtful words. I cursed under my breath when I heard my voice wobble. I will not be weak. I will not be weak. I will not be weak. I repeated the mantra in my head, hoping to gain energy and strength from it. And Himchan, who was able to feel me quiver, never once took his hands off from my head. His touch was like a bird, soft, gentle, yet quick. Every cut and snip he made was precise and accurate, and although I had fears about the playboy handling scissors, he held them deftly, not once pulling or yanking at my hair. He was a talented hairstylist, that was for sure - because once he unveiled my new locks, I was stunned. 

 

The hairstyle was short and choppy, but was left to my ears. Side bangs swept across my face, and it seemed to outline the sharp jawline of my face, making me look more masculine. Himchan, however, had decided to take a risk and leave it at its raven color, contrasting with the ashen blond dye he used on himself. It would definitely make me stand out, but the fact that he respected that I didn't want to change my haircolor made me wonder how he could understand me so well. The hairstyle seemed to make my eyes larger, and at some angles I still retained a slight feminity that most flower boys couldn't have. Although at first I felt as if he'd cut away the remains of my mother, I was able to see my face clearly and could see that I still had her nose, her lips, and her cheeks. 

 

"Himchan - it's wonderful," I said in awe. "Is that- Is that really me?"  

 

"In all your ugly glory," he said, sighing. "I think that hairstyle is the only beautiful thing about you." 

 

I glared at him while he let out a small chuckle, walking from the mirror to rummage around in his dresser. Working quickly, he pulled out a pair of darkly washed jeans and a navy t-shirt, along with a large white cloth. "These are my clothes. They'll probably be too big for you, so you might want to roll up the jeans. Most importantly,  don't destroy them, princess." He said, but although he was teasing, his face was serious and his eyes hard. He walked to me with the clothes in hand before crouching down so that he was eye level with me at a sitting position. "Remember, __________, you're a boy now. Don't walk into girl's washrooms, and you'll be sleeping here instead of the underground dorm. It's too easy to be discovered when you room with the boys." 

 

"I'm going to be fine, Himchan-" 

 

"You're not. You're going to miss being a girl. You're going to get frustrated and angry often at being misunderstood, and you're going to be heartbroken when you see the things that we do underground. I told you, being a gang cannot be an impulsive desicion. It takes your mind, heart, soul, and body - it consumes you. It's not a choice, it's a personality. You won't be able to back out of it." 

 

"I already know-" 

 

"I know your intentions and what you want. However, there are three rules that you have to understand and keep before I allow you to you go and meet Leader." 

 

"Alright." I said it calmly, even though I felt nervous. 

 

"One is to never allow anyone to discover you're a girl. Once you've been discovered, you're out. Period." 

 

"I know that, Himchan,' I said, watching him and giving a small laugh. "Just calm down,' I said, wondering why he was acting so overprotective. But he stayed serious and silent, and one hand was gripped to the arm of the chair I was sitting in. I could see the veins in his hands jutt from under his skin, showing how tightly he was clenching the chair, and suddenly I realized how difficult I was being for him. Himchan was risking his loyalty, membership and bond with the group by hiding me and letting me enter BAP. He was risking his life in order to let me live mine.

 


"Second, you have to trust me first. In any case of death or danger, you come to me. I'll back you up. But you have to rely on me and me only." 

 

"Okay." It made sense. Himchan was the only one who knew I was a girl and he was dead-set on taking care of me. I reminded myself that I had to think of a way to repay him. 

 

"And third, lastly, if you're thinking of a way to repay me - don't ever hurt me. There's going to be a time where you may have to choose between me and someone else. Promise me that you'll always choose me." He said, his eyes locking with mine. 

"You've done so much for me already Himchan - of course I'll agree." It was the least I could do, consider how selfless he'd been. All his rules were all for my benefit, and not one of them was a selfish one. Although the last rule was strange, I knew it was because Himchan probably was just worried about me, like a little sister. He wanted me to know that I could always trust him, and I was grateful for it. I'd just met him, and he had the power to turn on me at any moment -but so far, by initiating me into BAP and treating me like a family member, I didn't believe any harm would come to me. There was no way I'd ever back out from Himchan. 

 

Unless he stopped me from finding out the truth about my brother. 

 

"No. I need you to remember these words clearly. I need you to promise me." 

"Okay."

 

"Forever?" He asked, his eyes unsettling me with his deep stare. 

 

"Forever." I said the words without hesitation, and he relaxed from his tense position. 

 

"Then let's go meet Leader," he said, standing up to his full height, and leaving me to feel the weight of his words in silence.