♚ O N E

♚ I R E M E M B E R ♚

 

 

Dangerous Underground Cohorts &

 

Conspiracies Department of Seoul

 

 

 

 

File: Kim Him Chan (김힘찬)

DOB: April 19, 1990

Group: BAP (Best Absolute Perfect)

 Position: Second-in-Command

Status: Alive & Free

Rank of Danger: 9

Known For: Originally from a wealthy family. Cut

ties with them ever since he joined BAP. A womanizer & perfectionist. 

Uses a very technical and accurate style of fight. 

 

 

♚♔♚♔♚♔

 

 

O N E 

 

 

 

 

Himchan looked at the café and smirked. It was small and cramped, and it competed heavily against large coffee franchises, but crowds always built up around the place. He’d always preferred the nightclubs personally – there were no scantily clad women in these types of cafes – but he always put work before his nighttime voyages. A year ago, their rouge member, Nic, had killed someone here and set fire amongst the underground gangs of Seoul. Obviously newspapers had begun to talk and all the scandal went towards BAP, but what they didn’t know was that had changed groups before his dirty murder. BAP had to spend their past year in hiding, in order to let the gossip settle down and also to collect information about the gang Nic had joined. So far, however, there was nothing. No evidence, no sign of a leader or even any kills made during the year.

 

That idiot. Nic never followed directions and was too hot-headed. The gang would have probably killed him by now,Himchan thought, as he opened the door.

 

The first thing he noticed was a girl sitting by the window, stirring a cup of coffee aimlessly. That’s her, he thought. Remembering the file Yong Guk had given to him, he knew that was who he was looking for. The sister of the brother who had been killed, Himchan admired the guts she had to come back here although this was where he’d died. Sliding into the seat next to her, a waitress came up beside him and batted her eyelashes flirtatiously. “Hello, welcome to Le Petit Prince! May I take your order, handsome?” She said, shamelessly touching his arm. Himchan shot her a smile, and touched a stand of her hair. “I’ll have what you like to drink, beautiful,” he said smoothly, winking. The girl squealed and ran to the kitchen, yelling out a whole list of drinks while stealing glances at him.

 

Turning to the girl beside him, he smiled.


“I’m Himchan.” He said, taking his hand out and sticking it in front of her.

 

The girl barely looked at him and continued to look out the window, her hair gently blowing from the fan set up in the corner. He noticed that she wasn’t model beautiful, but she had a healthy figure and a unique face. It was her eyes that made her a looker, however – the darkness and depth of them seemed to see through you. “Uh, ever heard of shaking hands?” Himchan said, giving her a grin. Girls always fell for that grin of his – there was not one woman that the Himcharm didn’t work on.

 

“Ever heard of not interested?” The girl said, not even sparing a glance at him.


Slightly taken aback, Himchan decided to try the hair trick. Touching her ponytail gently, he leaned in closer, trying to get her to look at him. She grabbed his arm in a painful twist and Himchan let out a little yelp as she pushed his spinning chair to face the other side. “Don’t talk to strangers, much less let them touch you,” She smirked, cupping her coffee with both hands and taking a generous sip. Himchan let out a laugh, his interest in this girl growing by the moment. If the Himcharm didn’t work, then the romantic side of him should. “I’ve been enamoured by you, miss – with your lips red as roses, your skin white as the snow, and your hair dark as ebony, would you be the Juliet to my Romeo?”

 

The girl let out a laugh, and Himchan found that he kind of liked the sound.

 

“You know, if you’re going to ignore my advice and talk to strangers, you might as well be yourself. It’s not like we’ll see each other again.” She said, stirring her coffee again.

 

“And how do you know that? Ever heard of fate?” Himchan said, grinning at her. “There could be something between us, you know?” He asked, pleased by what she’d said. To be yourself – was she suggesting that Himchan’s womanizing ways were only an act? Shaking his head, and wondering how she could read him so well, he was surprised that he felt like really meeting her again. It was really a shame he was only here for business, though. “Yeah, there’s fate alright. You want to know about my brother, right?” She asked calmly, her face betraying no emotion about what had happened a year ago. Himchan didn’t know how she knew, and he was surprised at her sharp intuition.

 

“How the hell do you know what I want-“

 

“Not that hard when you’re the notorious playboy of BAP. Obviously you wouldn’t be looking here for me just because you want a stroll in the park - or another Juliet to add to your harem, Romeo,” she said, laughing slightly. Himchan was rather at a loss for words, as he didn’t expect her to be so intelligent or so strong – especially since he was a gang member and he was still sitting here rubbing the arm she’d grabbed. “Well, now that you know, I suppose there’s nothing else to say,” he said, grinning. “So how about we get down to business, have a long-awaited date and fulfill our destiny together?”

 

“I’ll make a deal with you. I want information. I want to kill that man just like he killed my brother.”

 

“And how shall we do that, princess?” Himchan asked, for once not surprised by her stance on Nic.

 

“I want to join BAP.”

 

Himchan sat in shock for a couple of seconds before shaking his head.

 

“Oh no. You don’t want that and this isn’t a game. You can’t just-“ Himchan was blown away by her decision and knew at once that he couldn’t let her. He had an urge to protect her from the world that he lived in, the world that was hell and adrenalin all at the same time. It was painful being in a gang, and not at all glamorous – it was blood, sweat, and tears. And often it was more blood than anything else.


“You underestimate me.” She said, glaring at him.

 

“You don’t understand. Being in a gang is no fairytale. It’s not just fighting-”

 

“You need to give me a chance,” She said, fire in her eyes. Himchan rubbed his temple in frustration, wanting to tell her that she didn’t have to take this path. She didn’t have to be like what he was eight years ago when he joined the group. He didn’t regret his decision, but he realized that had he continued with his former life, he would have lived much more comfortably. His family had wealth and prosperity, but because of his foolishness, he decided to try and make his own living by fighting. Obviously Yong Guk had saved him and things were for the better now, but you couldn’t cover up the fact that a gang was a gang. No matter what rules the leader placed, Himchan had killed before and gotten away with it.

 

“You don’t know what it’s like to murder someone.”

 

“You don’t know what it’s like to watch your own brother being murdered,” She said in a hushed whisper, her eyes haunted and her face as white as a sheet.

 

“When you enter a gang, you need to know – instead of watching a murder, you’re going to be committing it. You will do everything that breaks the law. You won’t be able to live normally again. Hope is a dangerous thing – the hope that you have to avenge your brother – it won’t give you the relief from guilt you want.” Himchan said, for once sincere. He wasn’t playing around this time, he really meant it. He didn’t want her to think that joining a gang would give her the same solution as having her brother back.


She laughed shakily. “We both want the same thing. I think we could make this work.”

 

“You’re just going to join another gang if we don’t accept you, right?” Himchan asked.

 

She nodded firmly, and Himchan sighed. He really didn’t want her to join them, but he knew that Yong Guk was a capable and firm leader. He needed her for information about her brother, anyways, as it turned out he was spying on various underground gangs before his death and could have possibly had a tie with Nic. Although _________ might not have known that, Himchan would rather her find out from them than from anyone else, and if she was in BAP, he could also keep an eye on her.

 

“Alright. But we have to test your strength and skill first,” he warned, watching her closely.

 

She smiled bitterly. “Haven’t I already proved that?” She said, pointing at his arm.