♚ T E N

♚ I R E M E M B E R ♚

 

 

 

♚♔♚♔♚♔

 

 

T E N 

 

 

 

 

I'd changed in a rush as Young Jae yelled at us to wake up for our next mission. My clothes were in a disarray and my hair was disgusting, but I was too excited about what was in store for us this afternoon. As I headed to the kitchen, I looked at all the members only to see that everyone seemed to have a glow about them, like they were suddenly refreshed from a long day's run. Even Young Jae for once looked invigorated, and Himchan's cockiness had amped up (if that were possible.) Smirking as he winked at me, I turned to Daehyun and looked at the hideout in puzzlement. "Daehyun-ah, where's Zelo?" I asked, as I noticed that the bouncy kid was missing. Usually, he was the first one up, but today he wasn't even here although it was mission day.

 

 "He said he'd meet us at the place - he had something to do first," Daehyun said. "I don't know why he wouldn't be with us thoguh - he's usually bouncing off the walls when it comes to mission day," He said, scratching his head. 

 

"It's not like Zelo to not be harassing one of us 24/7, " I said, looking around the hideout again, making sure that he wasn't just playing a hide-and-seek prank. 

 

"Yeah, that's true -" Daehyun began, until Young Jae interrupted us. “Boys, hurry up!” He snapped, as we left to the back of the house. Looking around and inhaling the fresh air, I stared in surprise at the truck which sat stoically in its parking spot. It seemed as if it was waiting for us to ogle it, even though there wasn't much to see. 

 

"This is our ride," Yong Guk introduced, as he patted the rusted thing.

 

It was a broken, gurgling hunk of metal that I swore ran on the energy of the B.A.P boys alone. As we took our seats, I couldn’t believe Jong Up could drive it, but he did with ease, steering the wheel with utter fluidity. The rest of us were sitting in the back part of the truck, where there was no roof and where we were joined by random pieces of furniture.   Although the lettering on the truck had long faded and rust was growing in random corners, it was fast and a perfect disguise. “Is this legal?” I asked Himchan, poking him in the shoulder as Jong Up veered down the streets, his energy and excitement channeling through every bump the truck crossed over. “I mean, his driving is kind of – interesting,” I said, making a slitting motion at the throat. Himchan laughed but shrugged, ignoring the caution in my voice. “He never got his license,” he added, grinning at me, a wicked smile forming at his lips while I felt a sickness in my stomach.

 

“The fight hasn’t even started yet and I’m already going to die,” I wailed.

 

Yong Guk chuckled as he sat next to me. “Just wait until you see my driving.”

 

“Yeah, that’s why we don’t allow him – he’s actually worse than Jong Up. He treats the steering wheel like it’s his opponent in Street Figher,” Himchan added, clapping Yong Guk heartily on the back. “I swear he doesn’t practise his karate chops with people but with the truck,” he beamed as Yong Guk hissed at him good-naturedly.

 

“And yet another achievement of the leader’s,” I said dryly as he looked at me. “Murdering cars.”  

 

He let out a smile before pulling out some blueprints from his bag, and the thought of having Yong Guk driving actually didn’t seem like a bad idea to me. He would drive with masculinity – such as when backing up, he’d have one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the back of the passenger seat. His perfect jawline would stick out as he tried in concentration to park the car, his arm muscles rippling as he put it in the parking spot. After, he’d walk out and before I could open the door, he’d have his hand on the handle and -

 

“First things first: You all look like a bunch of heads right now,” Yong Guk said as he rummaged in his bag.

 

Back to reality Yong Guk and not fantasy, I mused, as I listened carefully.

 

“These will be your disguises. They’re rented, so don’t get any blood on them.”

 

He pulled out a set of shiny, black tuxedos, complete with red ties and pristine dress shirts. I noticed that he’d chosen a smaller one for me, as I was nearly a half foot shorter than the boys, and felt slightly happy that he’d observed that. Feeling my mood slightly uplifted, I heard someone let out a yelp and looked to see Himchan wearing a face of disgust beside me. “Oh come on, these are horrible!” He said, as he put the jacket on. “This doesn’t accentuate my face at all!” He said, as Daehyun rolled his eyes. “The only thing accentuating your pretty face is going to be my fist,” Daehyun added as he pushed his head down.

 

“Yeah, punish the hyung,” Himchan said as he moped in the corner.

 

“Before we get started, we need to know our places. The resort has three main features: a club, a casino, and a ballroom. There’s also a pool, which we’ll tackle together because it’s in a separate building. Jong Up and Zelo will be heading to the ballroom area, Himchan, Young Jae, and Daehyun to the club, and Io will team up with me to cover the casino. Young Jae’s tips reveal that the gang will unveil a new member today, most likely in the ballroom area. You all have your radio transmitters, and I’m expecting that you use them. If any member is injured, we meet at the site of injury and we get out of there as soon as possible. I’m not risking any of the lives of my members,” Yong Guk said, fire and determination in his eyes. I realized that this was why they’d chosen Yong Guk to be in control – he had everything planned out and didn’t include mistakes in his plan.

 

“Maknae team, where will you be going?” Yong Guk shouted from the back.

 

“Ballroom!” Jong Up shouted back, yelling on behalf of Zelo. 

 

“The trio, where are you headed?” He yelled again.

 

“Club!” Himchan roared back.

 

“Good, remember your places. Secondly, the special event today is the casino's annual marathon. Tons of celebrities and prominent stars  and it’s supposed to raise money for charity. However, there’s huge media coverage and the opponent may attempt to sabotage it for media attention. Himchan and Jong Up, you two are still famous and will be easily recognizable. If anyone asks, you were forced by your parents to attend this public event. You’ll probably see some of your families’ acquaintances or former costars while working. Please make sure they don’t become a distraction.” Himchan nodded while Jong Up made a thumbs up from the driver’s seat before slowing the truck to a stop. 

 

“We good?” The leader yelled.  He didn’t need affirmation, because everyone was already beginning to jump out of the truck.

 

“Let’s go!” Yong Guk shouted, as everyone disbanded. He glanced at me and nodded assuringly as we found the entrance to the casino,  entering a world of lies and deceit-

 

And possibly finding out the truth about my brother.