The Mistake

Everlasting Facade

 

“Where are you going?” She could feel firm in his words. She takes a glance on her father, swiftly turns her body around facing him. He was having his breakfast while reading today’s newspaper. Perhaps he finds something interesting across the black and white paper. Who knows?

 

“I’m going out, seeing an old friend.” She avoids his sharp gaze. Why her father suddenly asked her that question, she wondered. Probably he could sense something unusual?

 

He puts the newspaper which he read seconds ago aside and looks at her eyes in tense. Her heartbeat becomes faster than usual as Meng Ruan get off from his chair and walks towards her. He took longer time to get closer with his daughter. After he already faces her, he lifts her chin up, forcing her eyes looking into his stern looks.

 

“Who are you going to meet? You have no one but me. Besides, I thought you don’t go out often but to reflect your dark past?” He chuckles, makes fun of her.

 

“How could you make fun of your own daughter? Is this behavior of a father? Make a joke of her dark past?!” She slaps his hand.

 

“That is your own fault! I told you to stay away from that Bang Cheolyong but you never listen! And now look at you, he already create a monster in yourself. Living by yourself and never move on. How disgusted am I to look at my own biological daughter lived in hell.” He said in sarcasm.

 

“Don’t you dare bring Cheolyong in my incident! He got nothing to do with it. I’m the one who at fault, defending my own father who committed crimes by law. The incident was my punishment for not helping him and I’m not regretting it but what makes me regret was releasing the criminal in front of me out from the punishment.” She glares back at him makes the atmosphere becomes more tense.

 

“Are you blind? Can’t you see he was the one who planned the 5 years incident ago! He was using you because I killed his father. He had grudges on us- on our family that is why he you and sends those photos of you.” Meng Ruan bends down his body a little bit to looks at his daughter.

 

“That time, he and his mother already moved away! So, he got nothing to do with it. He didn’t do such despicable thing. He is a good guy, he’s not like you. Mean like devils.” She denies.

 

He ignores her words and continues “He’s trying to makes my reputation going down and my daughter going crazy. And he wins! My daughter is going crazy but not my reputation. Because I won’t let him played me liked he played you. You know why? The answer is I’m not stupid as you.” He spats at her with disgusted face.

 

“I don’t care what you want to say about him but I’m not going to believe you anymore. I already make wiser choice and you’re not going to change my mind. Full stop.” She turns her back in front of him and finds an exit.

 

“Yeah, you can think him as angel for now- but when I found the proof, it’s not going to take any minute to change. Just you wait, Meng Jia! You’re lucky you’re not pregnant or I’ll throw you on the street. Go live with dam.n fairy angel of yours!” He bursts out seeing his daughter walks away when he still talks to her.

 

This time, he’s really mad at him. He is going to make he pays for all these.

 

-

 

“Morning.” Nana says to her secretary while walks pass her.

 

“Morning Miss Im Jin Ah.” She bows 90 degree at her boss, showing her polite manners. When she about to walks in her room-

 

“I’m sorry but someone sent you a bouquet of roses. I already placed it on your desk.” Nana furrows her brows. She tucks a strand of her hair on her ear.

 

“A bouquet of roses? From who?” She asks.

“I don’t know, the deliver never mentions anything. Maybe you can check on the card at the roses.” Her secretary hinted her.

 

“Okay.” She nods her head.

 

She walks in her room and a big bouquet on her table. She took steps closer to her table and grabs the bouquet. She brings it closer to her nose, smells the sweet scent. It is really her favourite scent, also her favourite flower. Someone who sent this bouquet really knows her well. Too well. She could smell something fishy around here.

 

She observes the red bouquet and saw a tiny card with well written on. Could it be information from whom? She takes out the card and puts down the bouquet. She clears her eyes and gazes on the card. She read it slowly, no rush.

 

This lovely bouquet is meant for a beautiful girl like you,

I know it still you’re favourite and it will never change,

Just like my heart,

It never changes until you’re mine.

 

I - I am meant for you.

Love - Love is all I got to give you.

You – You’re always mine.

 

                                                                                                                From: Your boy- friend,

                                                                                                                           Bang Cheolyong.

 

Nana sighs hard and relaxes her body by leaning on her table. She bits her lips and nothing utters out. She cannot say she didn’t like it because it’s not true. Of course, she loves it so much but it’s wrong to say it out loud. She has Seungho, a perfect guy to build new life with.

 

Seungho had been around her when Cheolyong lefts her. He’s been through up and down with her. She owes him everything. He’s done so much for her and she knows she loves him but she did not know which she loves the most. Is it too much for her to ask if she wants them both?

 

Duhh, it’s completely wrong.

 

A hand was waving in front of her. She blinks her eyes and chins up to see a guy suited with branded coat.

 

“Sweetheart, are you okay? You don’t seem well today.” Her fiancé was in front of her.

 

“Seungho oppa, when did you get here? I didn’t notice you’re presence at all.” She freaks out gives a quick hug.

 

“I’m just arrived when you busily read the tiny card of yours. Never thought I lose to your tiny card. So, is the card more important than me?” He wraps his build arms around her waist.

 

“No, it’s nothing actually. Some random client gives it to me.” She hides it behind her back.

 

“Really? Then, can I see it how the client thanks my fiancé?” He seizes it from her playfully. Before his eyes tries to focus reading the card, her hand seizes it back.

 

“Really, it’s nothing.” She denies, hoping his eyes didn’t catch any sweet phrase from the card. Let’s say her hopes already burn into ashes as he already saw the sender’s name.

 

“So, the client sent the roses too?” His index finger point out at the bouquet of roses.

 

“Yeah.” She curves a smile at him while pushing the card and the bouquet away from Seungho sight.

 

“Why don’t we go eat breakfast now? I’m hungry.” She hung her arm on his while her other hand was rubbing her flat stomach. Pouting and acting cute, prays for him to get out from her room before he get a hint that she’s cheating on him.

 

Unintentionally.

 

“Okay but today you’re the one who will pay. A punishment for you because not paying attention to me in the early morning.” He pinches her cheeks while she puffs it.

 

“Fine with me.” She smiles, grabs her purse and walks with Seungho to exit her room. He turns his head a bit and glances at the bouquet.

 

The bull Bang Cheolyong.

 

-

 

Jia stands steadily at the outside, watching the officer was laughing with his work mate, Cheondung. She curves a half smile, misses the old time. The time she could saw Cheolyong presents his smile in front of her sincerely. She doesn’t have to hide to see him smiling again.

 

Her hand reaches his face from outside with a glass of window blocking her hand to reaches him. Suddenly, his face was turned, catches a glimpse of her presence. His smile fades away in a second. He ignores her and continues his work.

 

Jia takes a deep breath and walks in as she pushes the door to open wide. She walks straight to him while glance at Cheondung, her old friend. She smiles a bit at him and turns her face back to Cheolyong.

 

“Cheolyong-ah, can I talk to you?” Her sweet voice begins conversation with him.

 

“I’m busy.” He didn’t looks at her.

 

“Please. We need to talk.” She pleads.

 

“I’m busy. Just go.”

 

“Do you really like to avoid me that much? Do you hate me so much that you can’t even look me in the eye?” She asks him.

 

“Yes. You got the answer now. Go.” He looks at his computer.

 

“Fine. We’ll do it your way. Avoid all you want. Let’s see how far you can stand.” She said while walks away from him. She finds exit on her own while takes a glance back at Cheolyong. She lowers her face and get out from the station.

 

“You shouldn’t be so harsh on her.” Cheondung advises.

 

“I wish I could do that.” He replies.

 

“Bang Cheolyong, can I talk to you for a minute?” Jinwoon demands him.

 

Cheolyong narrows his eyes and grunts while stands up from his seat. He walks in his room and close the door saw Jinwoon was about to sit on his comfy chair.

 

“I hear you’re trying to change the plan, is it true?” he raises his brow.

 

“You need Meng Ruan’s business info only. That’s mean I’m the one who are going to chose who will get played. So, you have nothing to worry about.” He explains.

 

“You don’t get it don’t you? Meng Jia is his biological daughter and Im Jin Ah is his step-daughter. There is difference between those words I said.”

 

“Look, I’ve known them for a long time. I can manage Nana to give me information. So, drop your concern and just let me have it on my way.” He walks out from the door.

 

-

“There’s a case near your station. Please send someone to be in charge in this case.”

 

“Okay. I’m on my way.” Cheolyong grabs the walkie –talkie and replies back.

 

-

 

Cheolyong pushes the door bell. Waiting patiently at outside from the house. The door opens, shows a couple standing in front of him.

 

“What seem to be a problem sir?” He asks the man.

 

“A girl broke into our house and eating at our dining hall.” He expresses.

 

“May I see her?”

 

“Yes you may.” He nods his head.

 

Cheolyong walks into the house with their permission and went to dining hall. He notices a familiar figure was munching an apple in her hold. He sighs hard and walks toward at her while slides his hands in his pockets.

 

“What the hell are you doing here? Are you trying to cause a trouble?” He grits his teeth.

 

“I’m expecting you to come and cuff my hand now so we could have a ‘talk’.” She emphasizes her last word to makes sure him understand his words. Very much.

 

“Thank you for your cooperation. Then, I’ll take my leave now.” He bows at them and grabs her hand tightly. He pulls her out from the couple’s sight and they leave out from the house.

 

“So, do you want to talk now?” She asks him. His steps stop and turn his body facing at her.

 

“I don’t have any words to say to you!” He burst out.

 

“But I have. Why is your motive seeing Nana out of the blue?” She asks.

 

“Owh, you hear about me from her already? That was fast. Did she tell anything about us? Or said something about us getting back together?” He jokes.

 

“She’s engaged, Cheolyong. Don’t play her heart like you did before. Please, I’m begging you.” She pleads.

 

“Since when did I care about her heart? Never. And don’t act you never do wrongs to her. You played my heart before and now I’m going to do the same at her.” He points out.

 

“She’s engaged with Seungho! Yang Seungho.” She was mad. Cheolyong brings his gaze at her and stares them down.

 

“What? You’re lying right? Say it isn’t so.” He grips her arms.

 

“He is her fiancé, Cheolyong. Believe or not, your enemy is her fiancé. So please don’t do this. You’re going to create more trouble. You won’t have to face any harm if you let Nana go.” She advises him.

 

“Why the hell is she accepting him as her fiancé? He was the one bullying her before.”

 

“And you’re the one bullying him before he bullied her back.” His grip from her arms loses.

 

“He bullied her because you’re trying to push his button. Can’t you see? You’re the one who started this game first, and now you have to end it before it loses control.” She takes a closer to him but he backs away.

 

He reminisced back his school times. Start with nerd guy who was named Yang Seungho. A guy wearing a spectacle with his shirt buttons up, also known as a nerd. He was bullied non-stop by a gang called Bang’s group which the leader whom was none other than Bang Cheolyong.

 

But one day, a girl stood up for him and that girl was a girl in front of him, Meng Jia. And because of this brave girl, two guys were affected by falling in love with her. Bang Cheolyong made up his mind to get to her by flirting with her step-sister while Yang Seungho, the other guy determined to be a strong guy by changing his physical appearance.

 

And the situation getting worse as Cheolyong and Jia become closer while he was in relationship with Nana. Seungho become more aggressive as he changed into another person. He made Cheolyong’s friend left him and takes out him from the gang. He creates his own group and bullied back other students.

 

And because of Jia declines his love, he embarrassed Nana in front of people by splashing a bucket of water at her on the stage. Also, he makes fun of her by saying she wasn’t pretty and Cheolyong was blind trying to date her.

 

Since that, Cheolyong and Jia were become more apart and Cheolyong and Nana become closer. Cheolyong promised her, he won’t let anybody bullied her and he will take cares of her. Because of this too much complicated story, the four of them changed, some become a person they wanted to be and some become a person they are unaware to be.

 

Cheolyong brings his hands up to his ear and closed them tightly. He shook his head as he feels the world going to spin around.

 

“Cheolyong, are you okay?” Her shows her concerns.

 

“Don’t come near me. You are trying to manipulating me. Step back!” He insists. She was taken aback by his words.

 

“I’m trying to fix our situation. I only want to help you.” She reaches his hand.

 

“Don’t! I don’t need your help.” He slaps her hand while she gasps.

 

“I’m done here.” He walks away from her by take a step by step.

 

“Do you really hate me so much?” Her eyes were getting wet.

 

“If you help me back 5 years ago before, I don’t have any heart to do this such things.” He said while take a glance at her before walks away. Her tears flow from her eyes, mixed feelings in her heart couldn’t she kept any longer but to flows it away from her tears.

 

“I’m sorry.”She whispers.

 

-

 

“I’m at outside of your office” He hung up.

 

She rushes off from her office and roams her eyes, searching for her friend. But a hand was caught her guard off and pulls her small body towards a build body in front of her. Her body bumps at his body makes her cheeks blushed.

 

“Are you okay?” She asks him. Cheolyong smirks and hugs her body tighter.

 

“Did you get my roses?” He asks her calmly.

 

“Um.” She nods.

 

“Do you like it?” She keeps silent and stands quietly. He pulls away from her and stares her beautiful eyes. Her eyes were glinted with stars and her smile was welcoming him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me your fiancé is Seungho?” His finger was tracing her face.

 

“I don’t know how to explain to you. It was hard enough for me to keep away from you- and now I have to tell you who are my fiancé.” She lowers her head.

 

“Does it mean you can’t stay away from me?” He lifts up her head to look him in the eye.

 

“Cheolyong- I don’t think I can do this.” She pushes his hand from her politely.

 

“I didn’t ask you anything. I just want you answer my question.”

 

“Cheolyong, I was once in love with you but in the end, you left me. Alone. I don’t think I can take a risk anymore.” She takes a step back from him.

 

“Then, why don’t we give us one more chance ? Isn’t that what you wanted?” He asks her back.

 

“I- I” She stutters.

 

He jerks his face and presses his lips against hers. Her body frozen didn’t know what to do. He pulls her body closer to his and wraps his arms around her waist. Her eyes unintentionally close it slowly.

 

“Then, I’ll take that as yes.” He whispers to her ear.

 

I’m sorry, Jia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

muchLove: Thank you so much for supporting this fanfic till now. I'm really appreciating your supports! Kya~ Please give me a hug!^^
 
NieyaOzil: Wo! You seems very dislike Mir so much. Don't worry dear, I know the feelings well. It called hatred. Btw, thank you for supporting this fanfic so much! I Love You <3
 
yuno1234: Here is your request! I'm sorry for late update! I'm worried if the readers won't be satisfied with my update so, I have to write emotionally. ;) i Love You~
 
monalisa87: You curious? Really? I'm really glad my story makes you curious because many people said my story was too predictable. Oh well... I can't help it but to work more harder! I Love You~
 
AmeyliHik: Ha3 I laughed at your comment! Love you for being emotional because reading my story! But of course I love you because you supports my fanfic! 
 
Everyone please give me a hug! Also, don't forget to comment after you reading this latest update! I L.O.V.E You ALL!!! <3