The secret to be revealed unintentionally or intentionally?

Everlasting Facade

 

She’s home?He saw a pair of high heels was scattered untidily in front of his house.

 

His hand reaches for the door’s knob and opens it wide. He enters his legs once the door open, he takes off his shoes and went in.

 

“Mom!” he shouted as his dark gaze wandering around every corner of the house, searching.

 

“I called you 6 times today, why didn’t you pick up my phone calls? I’m sorry for being mad at you. But still- I’m mad for a reason. I know I am just exaggerating but we didn’t have much money to buy food for this month. You spent almost half of our savings just to buy your branded shoes” Cheolyong sigh guiltily, muttering to himself and still searching because he knew his mom was there somewhere, listening.

 

“Are you still mad at me? Is that why you left home a week ago?” He asked. He roams his eyes, still couldn’t capture a figure of a woman. He puts a plastic bag full with pack of ramyun and drinks.

 

“Oh come on mom, don’t be such a childish. You’re a grown up wom-” He saw his mom was in front of him.

 

Her arms were crossed with her irritated face. Cheolyong smiles and takes a closer step at her. His hands reaches hers and holds them warm and gently.

 

“I’m sorry for being mad at you. I am. It just- I didn’t get my salary yet and now you want to buy something new. And now- I have a new mission to complete. So, I hope you can understand my situation here.” He plasters a smile but she quickly pulls her hands from him and walks away.

 

“You don’t have to worry about me anymore. I won’t spend your precious savings. I have my own money now.” She sits on the couch.

 

“Mom, I’ve said sorry already. Don’t be like this anymore.” He begs her.

 

“What? I’m just saying I have my own money.” She spats.

 

“Okay, you’ve got money. But where did you get it?” He asks her, kneels in front of her.

 

“My old friend gave it to me.” She said in simply while he scoffs at her.

 

“Have your old friend going nuts? How can she just give it to you like it’s not important?” He said frustrates.

 

“Mind you, my old friend is he, and he said he give it to me because it’s for our longtime friendship. He said he will come over here in any minute now.” She curves a smile while Cheolyong furrows his brows.

 

He still didn’t get what his mom talked about. No one would ever give their money simply like that. It was nonsense.

 

DING DONG!

 

“Look at that, he’s here.” His mom cheers. Cheolyong stands up and walks to their dining table and grabs the plastic bag he brought earlier. Before he could place the things he bought, he hears a familiar voice banging his eardrum.

 

“Bang Minah, I’m sorry disturbing you at this late night.” Cheolyong turns his face to the left and saw a guy in his middle 30’s was hugging his mom.

 

His eyes widen while his body froze. He can’t believe what his eyes saw. His father’s killer was in front of him, embracing his mom intimately. His can’t even breathe steadily as he feels as if someone was choking him. The plastic on his holds drops unintentionally.

 

“This wasn’t true. It cannot be true.” He mutters by himself while the couple let go off each other and set their eyes on her shivering son. Meng Ruan curves a smirk and walks toward the young guy. He gaze at the plastic full with ramyun.

 

Such a pity guy.As he saw Cheolyong’s salary was enough to buy ramyun and a small apartment for living.

 

“You drop the plastic.” He picks up the plastic and passes it to Cheolyong. Cheolyong takes it and put it on the table back.

 

“Nice to see you, Bang Cheolyong. It’s been great to see you officially again.” He fakes a smile on his face while holds out his hand. Cheolyong stares at his hand and gaze back at his face.

 

“Your hands are dirty. I don’t want to touch it.” He spats at him while Meng Ruan smiles at his words.

 

“Owh really? I’m sorry for that. I will make sure I wash my hand before I shake hands with you after this.”

 

“Your hands never will be clean because you already did something dirty.” He glares Meng Ruan. Suddenly, his mom slaps him at his arm.

 

“How dare you talk to him like that? He is older than you. Please respect him, he is my friend.” She said to her son. Cheolyong turns around and faces his mom.

 

“Mom, how can you be friend with this guy?! He killed your husband and my father! Didn’t you feel guilty at father?” He bursts out.

 

“Don’t you dare talk about my husband in front of me! He died 5 years ago and you didn’t have proof to accuse Meng Ruan like that. The police said he killed himself. He was the one holding the knife. Now, gather up your attitude and apologize to Meng Ruan.” She demands while glares at her son.

 

“I won’t. He killed my father, I won’t forgive neither apologize to him. That’s final.” He said in firm makes his mom gasps, shocked hears what he said.

 

“Why did you become so stubborn? Just apologize to him already.” She slaps him while he uses his arms to protect his body.

 

“Minah-ah, don’t worry. He’s just a kid.” Meng Ruan said as if trying to backs up Cheolyong.

 

“It’s true he killed my father! I saw it with my own eyes. Just say you backed him up because he gives you everything you want, new clothes, new shoes and new accessories. You love him more than you loved father right?”

 

“So what I love him more than I loved your father?” She asks him back.

 

“You betrayed father. Father really loved you so much and he gives you everything but you never thought about him. You never cried after he died. You’re just selfish! You’re only think of your own good. I never thought my mom was a cheap woman. Letting people bought your dignity by throwing cash at you. I hope you never was my mo-”

 

A slap was felt across his cheek

 

It was sting- rather feeling painful, Cheolyong had felt numb.

 

His white cheek becomes red after the slap. His mouth shut completely, nothing utters out. He blinks eyes and takes a breath. He did not believe he got slapped by his own mother. She never slap him from he was born and until now. She broke the record.

 

“I’m going to work.” He avoids her gaze while grabs his coat and his scarf.

 

He walks passes by his mom and Meng Ruan. He quickly finds his exits, leaving the couple alone. Meng Ruan curves a smirk as he feels like victory on his hands after witnessing dispute between mother and son. Bang Minah turns her body and looks at him, curves a smile.

 

“I’m sorry for my son’s attitude. He’s been acting rude since he got to be a cop.” She said in happy tone.

 

“What? He’s a cop?” He asks back.

 

“Yeah. Don’t mind him. Can’t we please do not talk about him anymore?”

 

“Of course.” Meng Ruan smiled.

 

--

 

Bzzzttt.Bzzzttt.Bzzzztttt.

 

Jia grunts and closes her ears with the pillow she hugged earlier. But her phone kept ringing and ringing. She let go of her comfy pillow and reaches for her phone. She opens her eyes slowly and looks at the screen.

 

Unknown number is calling…

 

She rubs her eyes and wonders who could possibly call her at this time. It’s 2 o’clock in the morning.

 

“Hello…” She said in sleepy tune.

 

“A bear family of three lives in a house… Papa bear…Mama bear… Baby- hik! Beeaaarrr. Papa bear is fat… Mama bear is- hik! Slender… Baby bear is… too cute… they all- hik! Do well…” He sings the three bear song. Jiia opens her eyes slowly and feels like she recognize this drunken voice.

 

“Cheo- Cheolyong?” She asks while waiting for his response.

 

“They all do well~ They all- hik! Do……. Well. They all…. Do… Zzzzz” She hears his asleep sound. It seems he drink too much this time. He must be through some difficulties these days, she sighs.

 

“Hello? Um, are you friend of this guy?” Some random guy picks up the phone.

 

“Yes. Is there a problem?” She asks again.

 

“Can you please pick him at our bar? I think he’s too drunk to walk home by himself.”

 

“Okay. I will be there in 10 minutes.” She answers while quickly wakes up from the bed and get ready to picks up Cheolyong.

-

 

She wears her hoodie and walks towards to guy who was squats at the street while closing his eyes. She curves a smile and also squats in front of him.

 

“You really look like a lost puppy. Do you know that?” She observes his sleepy face. He opens his eyes and stares at hers, watching her deeply.

 

“Why you’re late? Don’t you know I’m tired waiting for you for a long time?” He said in sad voice.

 

“I’m here, you don’t have to wait for me anymore. Now, I’m going to take you back.” She pats his head. He lifts up his face as if shocks hear what she said.

 

“You mean it? You’re going to take me back?” He asks her. She confused with his reaction. As she thinks back what she said, perhaps he misunderstood what she mean.

 

“I’m going to take you back home, Cheolyong.” She repeats her words, emphasizes word ‘home’ clearly. She said it carefully.

 

His expression changed back to where it was, a sad face. He stands up and walks away from her while she follows his action and brings her legs followed him from back.

 

“Why don’t you want to take me back?! Why?”

 

“It’s because you’re too drunk. You don’t even know what you’re saying”

 

The guy instead scoffed and swung his leg around, watching her under half lidded eyes. Shutting his eyes hard, he shook his head. Probably, she’s right. He could barely make her face when his head was hazy with drunkenness.

 

Wait. No.

 

He can’t agree with her- she’s just manipulating his mind. Cheolyong, get a grip of yourself, he thought to himself. He brought up a finger and pointed it towards her.

 

“Stop fooling around, Jia. I’m not drunk. You purposely make excuses because you don’t want me. Just say it. I’m not that good for you, huh?”

 

“Cheolyong-ah, it’s not like I don’t want you back.” She denies. He walks towards her and stares her down.

 

“Then, what is the reason?” He whispers.

 

“I’ve been through so much when I realize I lose you. I really regret when I didn’t even try to help you. Even I never trust you. I thought I never see you again but now, you’re here with me. I really don’t know what to do- I’m just don’t want to disappoint you again.” She watches his face clearly in front of her, his face becomes closer.

 

His hands slides to her neck, pushes her long hair, flung in the midst of air and settled carefully behind her shoulder.

 

“Don’t you know I’ve missed you so much? Your voice, your eyes, your lips-” He touches it gently and his face moves forward closer to hers. Before he leans, she quickly lowers her face before he could press his lips against hers.

 

“What about Nana? I thought you two getting back together?” She curves a faint smile while Cheolyong looks at her confusingly.

 

“I- I don’t know.” He pulls away his hands from her neck. He cupped his face and kneels weakly.

 

“I’m really messed up, am I?”

 

Cheolyong giggles bitterly and choked against his sudden uneven breathing. His tears flows to his cheek, he feels his heart’s going to bursts. His feelings were mixed up as his memories suddenly had flashbacks of his life.

 

He’s really in pain right now.

 

“My life is a disaster! My father died because I can’t help him. My mom completely changed into a s.lut. I ruined my life because of my revenge. I ruined Nana’s life because of my promises. I ruined Seungho’s life because of my ego. I ruined your life because of the incid-”His words stops and looks at Jia at his front.

 

He realized he almost slipped out the secret. Her face was confused as she didn’t know what he is talking about. She stares him blankly and waiting for his words utter out from his lips.

 

“Cheolyong?” She kneels in front of him.

 

“Don’t! Don’t ask me anything! I don’t know anything about it.” He suddenly bursts out.

 

He backs away from her. His face changed from sad turn into scared. She furrows her brows and cupped his face. He seems really freaks out after said he ruined her life.

 

It was like there a story behinds it.

 

“Cheolyong, are you okay? I’m scared seeing you like this. Please don’t act like this. I’m worried.” She holds his hand.

 

“Please don’t ask me the reason… I really can’t say it… I’m sorry. I’m just- I’m sorry for ruining your life. I really am. Jia, please don’t be mad at me.” He whispers while sobbing with his tears flows down.

 

“Okay. I forgive you.” She nods while she gets closer to him and pulls him into an embrace.

 

Jia could not think clearly why he is become like that. But now, she has to put aside the question in her mind first and let Cheolyong cool down. She just wants him to relax and forgets all of his problems.

 

That is the only thing she could help him. Let him forget those sad memories.

 

This way, she could get his forgiveness. She really for hoped it

 

-

 

“Can I see Nana?” Seungho bends down at his body, meeting eyes with Nana’s secretary.

 

“Um, I’m sorry yang Seungho-ssi. She’s out at this moment; she has a case to settle with.” She bows at him.

 

“With who?” He asks her lifting up his brow with ignorance.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

 

“Then, I can just wait for her in her room.” He swiftly enters her office room.

 

He closes the door and roams his eyes around, searching for something. He walks toward her desk and sat on her chair. He leans his body on the chair to makes his body comfortable. He plasters a smile on his face as noticing a picture of them on her desk.

 

As Seungho observed the picture, he realized he’s becomes happier with her. So, does it mean he was wrong in this mean time? Yes, he was using Nana to make Jia realize she should have been with him. He wants her to feel regret. But that doesn’t mean Seungho never love Nana back.

 

He did everything for her. He makes her happy, he bought her gifts every time they have dates, he helps her win her cases without her knowing, and very much everything. Seungo was supposed to be in love with her. They had dated years already. And he was quite certain there were feelings rise in his heart but he couldn’t figure whether it was love. Because he’s also sure that he’s still love Jia. He cupped his face with his hands covers his masculine face.

 

How could I be so dumb? He cursed.

 

Suddenly he saw a rose stuck out from the drawer. His hand reaches for it and pulls it slowly. He saw a bouquet roses and small card glued on it. He grits his teeth and grabs it, reads what written inside the card.

 

This lovely bouquet is meant for a beautiful girl like you,

I know it still you’re favourite and it will never change,

Just like my heart,

It never changes until you’re mine.

 

I - I am meant for you.

Love - Love is all I got to give you.

You – You’re always mine.

 

                                                                                                                From: Your boy- friend,

                                                                                                                           Bang Cheolyong.

 

Seungho lefts out a scoff. And now he makes up his mind. He won’t let his fiancé go to Cheolyong. This situation is wrong and he’s going fixes it. One by one.

 

He throws the bouquet and the card in the dustbin.

 

He won’t get away with this. First, Jia and now Nana. The guy has completely crossing the line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JosRika: Thank you so much for compliments! I really love you. Come on give me a hugs~

AmeyliHik: Aww, that is so sweet of you! Come please give me hugs! I love you~

muchLove: Ha3 Owh really? I will try my best to add more Seungho/Nana part! Love you~ Also, give me a hug again~ Ho3

NieyaOzil: Ha3 don't worry I don't mind people cursing, LoL. Thanks for your comments. Love you.

Guys thanks you so much fo supporting this fanfic! I really appreciate you guys A LoT! I hope you ejoys this chappie! I will try my best to update soon! Hwaiting~ Also, sorry for short update!