Promise me, You’ll always stay by side

Everlasting Facade

Jia walks in the police station, she saw all people are busy with their work. She searches for a figure she wants to see the most but wherever she roams her eyes, she still can’t find him.

“Jia-ah, what are you doing here?” Cheondung asks her while observing her outfit, it was different than she usually wears.

“Owh, I came to see Cheolyong. Where is him?” She smiles at Cheondung while tucks strands of hair on her ear.

Cheondung furrows his brows and looks straight her eyes. She knows nothing about what happen today. It’s been 5 hours he resigned, he still didn’t tell her anything. It’s pathetic seeing her clueless like this.

“Didn’t Cheolyong tell you anything?” He said to her.

“Tell me? No, he doesn’t even pick up his phone.” She answers, worried about him while Cheondung sighs.

“He resigned five hours ago. He didn’t tell you?” He repeats the question. Jia’s expression change hears the news. A disappointment draws on her face.

“No, he didn’t tell me anything.” She sighs.

-

He slowly opens his eyes, he saw walls were paint with white colour. He bits his lips when he feels the pain on his body as he trying to wakes up. Suddenly, there’s a hand stops him from wakes up from the bed he’s been lying on. He turns and looks at the person.

The person was her. The person he played with until yesterday. Nana. It was the first time he sees her without smile on her beautiful face. It was the first time she looking at him with serious face.

She must be hurt so much yesterday. He said to himself.

“You should rest for a while. Doctor said your rib was broken but it’s nothing serious. You can move but not so much. It looks like you’ve been fighting yesterday. Your whole body have so much bruised. You’re lucky your brain didn’t damage.” She explains to him strictly while her eyes didn’t looks at him.

“How did you know I’m here?” He asks her.

“A nurse called me, she said you’re passed out on the street.” She answers.

“You have missed calls from Cheondung and Jia. I think you better call them back, they seem worried about you. About the hospital bills, I already paid for it. You don’t even have money in your wallet. My work is done here, I better go now.” She grabs her purse and tries to stands up to walks away but he stops her.

He caught her wrist while she glances at him.

“Thanks for helping me and- I’m sorry about yesterday. I guess I was too emotional yesterday.” She keeps silent and tries to walks away but he grips her hand hard, didn’t want her leave yet.

“Did I make you like this? Sweet Nana turns into Serious Nana. Is it because of my words yesterday you become so much tense.” She scoffs, turns her body walks closer to him. She leans forward near his face.

“I thought you said I’m fake?  Since Seungho and Jia are not here, I don’t have to put my innocent mask right? I don’t have to pretend and act like I’m the good one. You should be happy I’m being the real me.” She pulls her hand and crosses her arms while Cheolyong stays silent.

“About the hospital bills, I will try my best to pay you back.” He changes the topic.

“When are you going pay? After a month? Half year? Or a year?” She questions him.

“I- I will find-” She cuts his words.

“You were fired by your boss, I saw Jia’s message. I don’t think you can get a job within a month right.” She said. Cheolyong stares at her cold eyes, she was look down at him.

“I didn’t get fired, I were resigned.” He emphasizes the words, shows there was a different between fired and resigned.

“It was the same.” She replies. Cheolyong gives up, his heart was boiling. He was really furious with her words

“Ah! I know how you can repay me.” She smiles at him while he’s waiting for her answer.

“A kiss.” She whispers to his ear. He looks sharp at her.

“Im Jin Ah, you crossing the line.” He glares her while he increases his voice.

“Yesterday we didn’t even have a proper goodbye, why don’t you just give me a goodbye kiss? I’m sure your situation too difficult to get even 10 000 won. A kiss for exchange is better- since you good at it. A kiss without feelings for each other. Didn’t you have done that before?” Nana mocks him, reminds back about how many times he said he loves her, how many times he kisses her lips and how many times he hugs her- without having feelings for her.

His heart was like stabbed with knife hears her words. Those sarcastic words.

“Im Jin Ah.” He says in serious tone.

“Did I say wrong? You have done it before right? Let’s try first.” She provokes him by leans forward to him tor a ‘goodbye kiss’. Before she could places her lips on his, he avoids her by turning around the opposite side. She curves a sinister smile.

“Why? Didn’t we have been kissing each other many times? It shouldn’t be awkward for us.” She mocks him again while he keeps silent. She stands up straight, curves a smile at him and walks away from him.

He stands up from his bed and blocks her way from leaving. She furrows her brows and glares at him.

“Step aside.” She demands but he didn’t back away even little bit.

She ignores him and tries to walks away but he grabs her arms and pushes her body on the wall harshly. She bits her lips, endures her pain.

“What are you doing?!” She shouts at him.

“We haven’t got a proper goodbye right? Why don’t we do it now?” He provokes her back.

He cups her small face and presses his lips on hers roughly. She tries to pulls him away from her but he’s too strong. She keeps her lips tight before he tries getting further with the kiss. But her action only stand for seconds after his left hand caught her right hand.

As she’s struggles from him kissing her, she has no choice but hit his chest which nears with his ribs. He let go of her and fell on the floor. He groans while touches his ribs.

She breathes heavily after struggling with him, looking down at him suffers the pain she did. Her lip gloss was messed up because of the kiss. Her tears flow to her cheeks without a warning.

“Why? Don’t like it?” He laughs while endures his pain while she wipes her lips with the back of her hand as she thought that action can cleans her lips.

“If I’m fake then you’re a devil! Jia should deserve better than having a manipulative guy like you. A guy who only thinking about him and doesn’t care for others. I swear, you and her will not have happy ending. Remember that Bang Cheolyong.” She walks away from him, quickly leaves the room.

Cheolyong stops smiling and stares at the door. He hurts her again, disappointed with his own actions. He stands up carefully, leans at the wall to help him balances his body. He takes his things and quickly walks away from the room.

-

Oppa, father want you to invite Cheolyong for dinner tonight. Can you ask him for me? See you tonight.

From: Nana

Seungho smiles, gazing at the message he get already for 10 minutes. He turns off his car’s engine and get off from the car.

He walks in slowly the police station, roams his eyes in the busy place. Seungho walks towards Cheondung which was in front of him.

“What are you doing here?” Cheondung asks him, feels weird sees Seungho’s presence.

“I need to see Cheolyong. Where is he?” Seungho curves a smile at him.

“He’s not here.” Cheondung busily searching something on his table.

“Then, where is him?” He asks him.

“I don’t know, why don’t you call him instead asking me questions.” He sighs and looks at his desk and flips all his files. The files was scattered on his desk leaves a sight nothing but a mess.

“I called him many times-” Seungho’s words got cuts off.

“Hey, did you see any recorder on my desk?” Cheondung asks his collegues. Cheondung scratches his head and exhales heavily.

“Yah” Seungho calls him but Cheondung walks away.

“Sorry, I’m busy right now.” Cheondung rushes out from the police station.

Seungho grits his teeth, mad with Cheondung’s attitude towards him. Suddenly, his eyes caught something hidden under Cheondung desk.

-

Cheolyong walks slowly to his apartment while gazing the ground focusly. As soon her reaches his apartment, he saw she was standing in front of his house with worried looks on her face.

“Jia-ah…” He mutters her name.

She quickly runs to him once she saw his shadow on the walls and embraces him tightly.

“Why didn’t you picked up my calls? I’m really worried about you.” She cries. He pats her head, expressionless he comforting her while his lips are sealed. Because of his quietness, she pulls away from him and stares at him.

“Are you okay? Why didn’t you say anything?” She touches his cheeks while he sighs and takes her hands away from his cheeks.

“Don’t you want to ask me something?” He gives her stern looks. She curves a smile and hugs him once again.

“Is it about you resigned? You thought I will be mad about it?” She asks him with calm.

“Em…”

“Cheolyong-ah, listen carefully… I don’t care about you resigned or not. It’s not like you can’t take other job. If you resigned, it’s okay. I’m sure there’s a reason behind it. I trust you.” She comforts him, pats him with care while his curves a smile. She sure knows how to comforts him.

“Are you going to comfort me with hug only?” He whispers. She pulls away and stares at him.

“Then, what else do you want?”

“This…” He leans on her and plants a swift kiss on her lips. After that, he pulls away while she bits her lips, her cheeks redden because of a sudden kiss.

They both stops chuckling and give deep stares at each other. Cheolyong slides his hand behind her neck and takes a step closer towards her while she leans on the wall waiting for him to come over. He leans down to her ear and breathe near it while she closes her eyes.

“I missed you so much.” He whispers to her ear.

“I’ve been waiting this moment for a long time. Us, together, alone.” He chuckles on her ear.

“Promise me, you’ll always stay by side.” He rests his forehead on hers.

“I promise.” They both curve wide smiles.

Slowly he presses his lips on top of hers while they both spontaneously close their eyes. He kisses her soft lips gently he pulls her face closer with him until there is no gap between them. She wraps her arms around his waist, replies to his kiss.

He bits her lips, slyly he slides his tongue in . She brought up her hands and plays his hair. Their kiss is getting more passionate as the kiss getting longer. He pulls away from and rests his forehead on her. They breathe heavily, look at each other eyes.

“I love you, Meng Jia.” He kisses her lips again and pulls her in his embrace. They lean on each other, smiling happily. Spend their moments together hugging each other warmly.

-

“It’s nice to see you Bang Cheolyong.” Meng Ruan smiles at him while Cheolyong glance Jia sits beside him, wraps their hands together neatly.

While Seungho and Nana were sitting opposite them, facing each other and awkwardly smiles to each other. He reminisced back His conversation with Jia.

[Flashback]

Cheolyong washes dishes on the sink. It’s been a while he hasn’t done cleans his house. He scratches his head and starts washing the dishes.

“Cheolyong-ah…” She hugs him from the back.

“Um…”

“Today, I had talked with dad.” She leans her head at his back.

“Really?” He continues washes the dishes, didn’t show so much interest in it.

“He asked us to come dinner at my house tonight.” He stops washing.

“Let’s go. It’s have been a long time I didn’t have dinner with dad and Nana. I missed them so much.” She hugs him tightly.

“But your dad doesn’t like me. I don’t think I can go. I’m sorry.” He answers her, continues his work.

“But I think he’s changed. Today, he seem changed into his old character. A good father.” She begs him, grips his shirt.

“But Jia he-”

“Just this once, Cheolyong-ah. Please trust me.” He sighs, lifts up his head.

“Okay. I’ll go.” He promised.

[End Flashback]

“Nice to see you too.” Cheolyong curves a smile and bow his head to Meng Ruan.

“I’ve heard you resigned. Why?” Meng Ruan asks. Cheolyong glances at Nana while she avoids his gaze.

“Well, I guess I need work isn’t so much complex.” He answers in fake smile plasters on his face.

“Then, are you going to search another job?” He asks him again.

“I guess.”

Meng Ruan looks Cheolyong become so much tense as the time goes by. He also glances at Nana and Seungho aren’t so comfortable with the atmosphere right now.

“Why don’t we eat now? Nana, ask the maid to serve the foods since everybody look so hungry I guess which makes everyone less speaking tonight.” Meng Ruan tries brightening up the atmosphere since everyone silent.

After the maids serve the foods on the table, without wasting any time they began to munch their food without speaking or eye contact with each other.

“Ah, Cheolyong-ah. Did you get any photos from me?” Cheolyong stops eating and looks at Meng Ruan with blank. Didn’t understand what he talking about.

“Excuse me? Photos?”

“Yeah, I think I’ve just send those photos few days ago.” Cheolyong remains silent while the others watching at them having their conversation.

“A lot of photos in the box. I think you might know about it. Ah! I sent it at your office.” Cheolyong eyes widen, stares at Meng Ruan.

“Someone sent you a big box. I put it the store room.”

The fork and knife from his grasp loosen makes a sound fallen on the table. Everyone observes him once again and they stops eating watching Cheolyong’s face turns pale while Meng Ruan smiles at him.

“You- you send those photos?” He stutters.

“Yes. Do you like it?”

“What photos? How come I didn’t know about it?” Jia interrupts, asks him about those photos.

“It’s nothing. Photos related to work. You don’t have to know about it. Thanks, Meng Ruan. I- I like it.” He bits his lips.

“I’m glad you like it.” He grins.

“Owh yeah, I forgot about something important. Since our family already gather around, I want to make an announcement. I want to introduce someone special tonight.” Meng Ruan stands up and turns his head, looks at the back It’s like he signalling someone to come while everyone anticipating the special person.

“Minah-ah, come.” Another shocking news for Cheolyong as he hears his mom’s name was called out by Meng Ruan.

His mom walks slowly to Meng Ruan side. They wrap their hands together while his mom didn’t even looks at Cheolyong.

“We want to announce that Bang Minah and I are going to get marry. I’m sorry for this sudden news but we’re in love with each other. So, I decided not to let her go anymore.” Meng Ruan happily announced while the others stunned.

Everyone glances at Cheolyong who stares at the old couple smiling.

“I object this marriage.” They look at Jia stood up.

“You can’t marry because- Cheolyong and I also going to get marry.” They gasps while glance at Cheolyong once again who still shocked, didn’t mutters any words.

“But Jia- don’t you should feel happy for me? I’ve been single in years and until now, I found my patner. Please agree with this marriage.” Meng Ruan talks to her in calm.

“I- I can’t. We love each other too.” She disagrees with her father’s decision.

“Cheolyong-ah, please say something.” Jia cling her arm around his while Nana avoids their scene.

Cheolyong pulls away Jia’s hand and stands up, walks to his mom and Meng Ruan.

“I need to talk to you guys personally.”

-

“Where have you been these days?” He asks his mom with caring.

“Meng Ruan let me stays in his place.” She crosses her arms.

“Where did you use those moneys I gave to you to pay Sang min back?” He keeps asking her.

“I spend it.” She answers without as if nothing’s wrong. Cheolyong cups his face with both of his hands, sighing heavily.

“You know they’ve been searching for you that’s why you run away right?” He glares at her. She didn’t answers his question.

“Do you how hard to earn that money?! Don’t you ever felt guilty after you making me suffered?” He is mad at her.

“They search for me at the early morning today. He asks me to pay him back but I can’t because I’d resigned. Now tell me how I am supposed to do mom?!”

“It’s not my fault you resigned. About that money, just ask Meng Ruan to pay. Isn’t that great? You don’t have suffered anymore.” She says spontaneously while Cheolyong scoffs.

“It’s easy for you to say. He killed my father and now he’s going to take you away. I won’t ask for his help.” He said.

“Then, is it okay for you to marry his daughter?”

“I love her.”

“Move on Cheolyong-ah. How long are you going to live in past? Just let go the past. You live in the present right now. Let go of he killed your father and- let go of Jia. She can’t be with you.” His mother said in serious tone as if she was really determined to break them up.

“You betrayed her and now you’re telling me you’re in love with her? That’s crap. If she knows the truth, she won’t forgive you. And that is why, I planned to get married with Meng Ruan. So, you can’t be together with her.” She turns her back at him.

“So, you’re the one tell him about those photos? Huh, now my mom also trying to bring me down.” He massages his temples.

“Let her go before she knows the truth.” She walks passes him while Meng Ruan smiling at him.

“I told you to stay away from my daughters and you didn’t listen. Now, it’s the time for you to decide to back off from this game or continue?” He curves a victory smile while places his hand on Cheolyong’s shoulder.

Cheolyong pushes his hand away from his shoulder and glares at him.

“I won’t leave Jia. I’m sure she will trust me and stay by my side.” He walks off.

“We will see about that Bang Cheolyong.” Meng Ruan said.

-

Jia sits in on her comfy bed, waiting for Cheolyong.

Is it right for me to tell them that we’re going to get marry?

“Jia, can I talk to you for minutes?” Seungho calls out her name. She nods her head.

Seungho comes in her room and closes the door. He walks towards her and sits beside her.

“Are you really going to marry him?” He asks her.

“I- I slipped out lies because of dad’s news. I don’t know how to react so I just said we also going to get married.” She curves half smile.

 “But- whatever it is. I won’t let them get married. I love him so much. This is our second chance, I don’t want to ruin it.” She lowers her head.

Seungho heavily sighs, he hasn’t seen her with that face for a long time. She looks determined with her love. Of course he want to see her happy but not by keeping this ‘secret’. She deserves the truth.

“I’m sure you love him. But- what about him? Does he really love you?” He states.

“What do you mean? Of course he loves me.” She confirms.

“Jia, I’ve been in love with you for years and I don’t want anyone to hurt you. I want you to be happy with someone love you sincerely and I don’t think he’s the one. If he loves you, he won’t do anything to hurt you.” He explains.

“He didn’t hurt me. I swear.” She denies.

“You listen to this. After that, you decide you really want to stay by his side or us. I just want you to know your dad, Nana and I did this because we don’t want you to hurt. If we hurt you, there is a reason for it. It doesn’t mean we don’t want to see you happy.” Seungho hugs her and pulls away. He puts a recorder on her palm, leaving her confused with his words.

----------------------

Hi guys! I just want to say thanks for supporting this story ^^ I would like to announce that this story is going to end soon as one chapter left. Perhaps i will send last chapter today. So, please wait~ I hope you will give me a lots of comments since this story is going to end soon. Thank you... I love you guys so much!