Destiny Does Not Seem To Be On Our Side - Part 2

Everlasting Facade

 

Jia runs with her might, hoping no one will catch her. Suddenly, someone catches her arm and pulls her in embrace. She lifts up her face and saw him.

“Let me go!” She pushes him but he caught her wrists again and closes , didn’t want her to make noise. He pulls her in embrace so no one can see her face.

When he hears steps become far away from them, he loosen his grip on her wrist. He sighs while glares sharp at her.

“What the hell are you doing in this late night? Don’t you know it’s dangerous? Are you stupid?” Cheolyong shouts at her.

“It’s none of your business.” She pulls away her hand and starts to walks away but he caught her wrist again. He takes out his hoodie and wears at her so that it will covers her original cloth.

“Come with me.” He pulls her and stops taxi which is in front of them. He opens the door and shoves her in the taxi.

“Tell him your home address. Don’t go any dangerous place.” He closes the door. Without any complains she follows his words.

Cheolyong enters the club once again and saw Jinhwan stands up from his seat, walks towards him.

“Yah! Did you catch that person?” Jinhwan asks him.

“It’s nothing. It just cat.” He lied.

“Really? But I think I saw person. Are you sure it just a cat?” Jinhwan stops him from walking away.

“Why would I lie to you?” He narrows his eyes and pushes his hand from blocking his way.

-

2 days later...

 

4 p.m.

Cheolyong yawns, scrubs his sleepy eyes and walks towards the door.

“Who?” He asks while grabs the knob and opens the door. Jia was standing in front of his ‘new’ house with formal cloth. Her hair was tied neatly, showing her mature appearance. She was holding his black hoodie.

“Here.” She passes him his hoodie. He takes it and prepares to closes the door but she stops him.

“Don’t you want to invite me to drink coffee?” She asks without embarrassed.

“I don’t have coffee.” He tries to closes the door again but she stops him. He sighs and glares at her.

“Then, can we talk?”

“I’m sorry miss but I think you’re mistaken my action few days ago. I was just helping you because I pity you, that’s it. I don’t know you, how can I let you in my house?” He pretends as if he doesn’t know her.

She pushes his hand and walks in his house while he groans. He pushes the door loudly and follows her pace to the family hall. She sits on the couch and he also follows her action.

He grabs a box of cigarette and light up for him to smoke. She furrows her brows, it was her first time to see him smoking.

Didn’t he think about his health?

“You’re smoking?”

“Yeah. Don’t you should feel happy?  I’ve been trying to kill myself with this cigarette. But with only with cigarette, I don’t I can die helplessly. Sorry, I guess I’m going live in this world. It is not my time to die yet.” She lowers her head, she understands his words.

It was her words before and now he takes it seriously. She inhales and smiles.

“I heard you sell drugs. Is that how you earn this big house?” She roams her eyes, watching the big house. It was big but plain because there not so much things he put.

“Did Cheondung hyung tell you that? Aish, he really can’t keep secret.” He ruffles his hair.

“He asks me, did I still love the guy betrayed me.” She says, her eyes gazes straight to his eyes, he bits his lips.

His body frozen.

“I said I don’t. Why would I love a guy betrayed me? He’s evil.” She curves a bitter smile while he chuckles lightly.

“You’re right. He doesn’t deserve you. You shouldn’t back out from your words.” He nods keeps smoking, agrees with her words. There is a slight disappointment in her heart as he didn’t deny it.

“I already know my answer but what about him? Did he still love me?” She asks while he stops smokes and turns looks at her.

She tries to endure her tears from falling in front of him and patiently waits for his replies.

“He is.” He answers while her eyes enlarge.

“He will love her no matter what happen.  He will protect her until he dies. That’s how he thinks of love. A sacrifice.” He smiles.

“But he won’t get any benefit if he does that.” She said.

“He will. Well, at least she notices him. That’s enough for him.” He states, her heart flusters.

She avoids his gazes and lifts up her head. She gathers her strength and makes up her mind.

“Jia, don’t be stupid. I don’t want you to regret. Go look for him.”

“Did you go to your mom’s wedding tomorrow?”

“I’m still considering it.”

“I’m going tomorrow. If you still love me, then go. Perhaps I could give you last chance.” She smiles and tries to walks away but he caught her wrist. Shocks what he heard.

“What are you saying?” He confused.

“I want to see if we could be together or not.” She simply blurts out.

“But our parents are getting married tomorrow.” He emphasizes those words loudly.

“Who said we can’t be together even though they get married?” She smiles, he loosen his grip from her hand.

“Why in sudden you changed your mind? Don’t you hate me?” He asks her, stares her sparkles eyes.

“Everyone makes mistakes Cheolyong and- now it’s time for us to stop hating each other. I’ve been waiting for you for years to come back. I don’t think I can hate you anymore because you’re the only one I love this whole time.” She wraps their hands gently.

She takes a step and kisses his speechless lips. He stands quietly and glances at her. He closes his eyes and kisses her back. After  that she pulls away her lips from him. He gazes her sweet eyes.

“I’ll wait for you tomorrow.” She pulls away her hand slowly from him and exits his house.

He stood up straight and watches her making her way to go out. It was different reaction from her. He didn’t expect she would say that. He feels like a dream, a dream that he thought wouldn’t come true. She’s trying to accept him. He can’t believe this.

-

Cheolyong walks in the club and crosses the people dancing crazily in front of him. He brings his legs and enters VIP room. He saw Sangmin gives him a stern look at him while everybody standing quietly, lower their head. The atmosphere was different than normal.

“What happen?” He asks, looking at Sangmin’s angry face.

“JInhwan said few days ago, there is witness saw Jinhwan killed that guy. Did you let the witness go?”

“There is no one that night.” Cheolyong lied. Sang min stands up and face him. He grabs Cheolyong’s collar and harshly pulls him closer.

“Don’t lie Cheolyong!”

“I’m not.” Sangmin’s chuckles.

“That person was Jia right?” Cheolyong stares at him.

“My guys said they saw you with girl that night. You haven’t wearing our hoodie for two days and Jia suddenly today walks out from your house. Now tell me it isn’t true!” He shouts at Cheolyong.

“She won’t report about us. Trust me.” He calmly confessed. Sangmin grits his teeth and let go of Cheolyong collar.

“She won’t do anything about it. Just don’t harm her. She’s Meng Ruan’s daughter. It’s a big consequence for us.” He advices Sangmin.

“I’ll think about it.” Sangmin shook his head and walks away from him. Cheolyong sighs with reliefs.

“I’m going to my mom’s wedding tomorrow so, find someone else to replace me.” He said while Sangmin lifts up his brow.

“You’re going to see your mom? After this year, you live alone. Your mom never searches for you and now you’re saying you’re going to see her?” He scoffs.

“Whatever it is, she’s still my mom. I need to support her.” He rolls his eyes, annoyed.

-

Jia curves a smile seeing her dad with Cheolyong’s mom. She needs to tell them she loves him so much. They need to be together. She walks towards them and gives a bow.

“I want to discuss with you about something.” She grips his hand hard and inhales.

“I met Cheolyong today.” Meng Ruan lifts up his brow and fixes his position.

“What?”

“It’s been a year I mad at him and I think I have to stop this act now. It should be long enough to punish him. If I still continue this act, I will be just like his ‘old’ him. This isn’t right.” She shook her head.

“So, now I want to beg you please give us chance. Dad, I really love him so much and I hope you agree with us to be together.” She kneels in front of them while Minah looks at him.

“Meng Ruan…” He glances at her.

“Please give them chance. I’m sure Cheolyong already regret with his mistakes.” She also begs at him, sympathy for them.

He curves a smile and nods. They stiffen as they saw him smile at them.

“Okay, I agree.” Jia smiles widely, happy with his sudden reaction. Without wasting any seconds, she quickly hugs his dad. He seem changed into completely different person and his different personality which makes she more happy.

“Thank you dad.” She whispers.

-

D-day…

 

“Nana-ah, where is my tuxedo?” Seungho asks, exits from the bathroom.

She smiles at him and takes his tuxedo from the closet and puts it on the bed.

“Here it is.” She smiles at him. He observes her from the back, she didn’t get ready yet as she didn’t wear hers bridesmaid dress but she only wear casual cloth.

“Aren’t you going to prepare the venue with Jia today?” He asks.

“I will but Jia-unni go first. I will go later. I need to do my hair.” She pouts at him.

“Okay. If you reach there, call me.” He kisses her cheek while she nods.

-

Cheolyong watches the crowds keep coming in the venue. It’s been 2 hours he standing in the hall but he still couldn’t find her. He keeps searching for her and suddenly he saw her enters the venue. He curves a smile. Before he could take a step near her, he looks at his cloth. He wasn’t wear any formal cloth instead he wear casual cloth.

Is it really okay for me to wear this cloth? Aish, our outfit didn’t even match. He scratches his head.

He saw her wore white bridesmaid dress. She looks really pretty today he said to himself, feels proud of her. He smiles and takes step near her but someone caught his arm. He turns around and saw Jinhwan was standing in front of him He glances at Jia and looks back at Jinhwan.

“What are you doing here? I told you I don’t want to work today.” He said to Jinhwan while Jinhwan looks at their surroundings. Everybody is busy chatting with each other and the venue is full with crowds coming in.

“You’re acting weird.” Cheolyong lifts his brow, observes Jinhwan’s behaviour.

“Someone wants me to give you present.” He curves a smirk at him.

“What?”

Jinhwan hugs him while Cheolyong’s eyes widen. He feels stomach was stabs with something sharp. His hand slides and touches his stomach, he feels a knife was stabbing his stomach. He glares at Jinhwan while Jinhwan smirks at him.

“What are you doing right now?” He grits his teeth. Jinhwan leans closer to him.

“Meng Ruan asks me to give this before you getting closer with her daughter.” He whispers to his ear while Cheolyong’s body trembles hears those words.

He gulps his saliva in his throat and struggles from the rough embrace to releases his body away from him.

“Let me go.” He tries to pushes him but he didn’t move at all.

“Remember, you’re one of dirty kinds. You didn’t deserve to live.” Again he pushes the knife getting deeper in his skin while Cheolyong stumbles with his action. He hardly breathes right now after he get second stab at his stomach.

“And for me, I get to live and take your position.” JInhwan pulls the knife with rough from his body and quickly walks away from him.

Cheolyong’s body trembles, he couldn’t stand straight anymore. His tears flow to his cheeks as he tries to endure the pain. It was hurt. But he couldn’t let this pain blocks his chance to meet Jia. He needs to meet her. He grasps hard his injured stomach and bears the pain.

Slowly he takes his steps didn’t want to lose balance as if he was a small kid trying to learn to walks.

His sight was blurry, his head was spinning. His legs couldn’t stand any longer and his body become weaker. He walks away from the hall and sits at outside where no one is around. He gives up, they can’t meet anymore. He inhales and exhales the air; he pulls out his phone and punches her number.

“Hello?”

“It’s me.” He said in lower voice.

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting for you.”

“I’m sorry… I don’t think I can make it.”

“What?”

“Our last chance. I don’t think I can make it up with you.”

“Why?”

“Because destiny does not seem to be on our side. You deserve much better than me.” His tears runs to his cheeks.

“No You can make it. Where are you? I’ll go meet you there.”

“Don’t. Stay where you are. I don’t want you to see me like this.  I look really ugly right now.” He jokes.

“No… I want to-”

“Shhh…”

“…” He hears her weep, her voice was trembling.

“Jia-ah, pro- promise me something.” He stutters as he feels his stomach was hurt much more.

“I don’t want to.”

“Please… Just this once… Promise me you won’t cry if you met me.” She didn’t say anything but keep crying.

“Forget me. I’m a jerk.” He hangs up the call and leans on the wall. He rests his body, he loosen his grip from his stomach and slowly he closes his eyes. His body weaker than before and his strength were gone from his body. It was his time to leave her, his grudge and his pain.

-

[Before Cheolyong’s death]

 

It’s almost the time, the wedding is going to start any minute now. Where is him?

Jia wonders while crosses her arms. She roams her eyes at the hall and looks for him. Her eyes caught the familiar figure, she proudly smiles. Happy with his presence.

She observes his actions. He was busily talking with someone she seem recognized but she couldn’t remember well. After that, she saw the guys hugging him in sudden.

Maybe I should let him have space before we met? Um, it should be the best. I need to give him time to get ready to start this relationship. Jia, be patient. She advices herself.

5 minutes later…

Her phone was ringing. She looks at the screen and his name was on the screen. She bits her lips and takes the call quickly.

“Hello?” She answers happily.

“It’s me.”

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting for you.” She said.

“I’m sorry… I don’t think I can make it.”

“What?” Her expression changes. It shouldn’t be like this, she said to herself.

“Our last chance. I don’t think I can make it up with you.”

“Why?” Her tears flows without warns, sad with his sudden decision. Why did he change his mind?

“Because destiny does not seem to be on our side. You deserve much better than me.”

“No. You can make it. Where are you? I’ll go meet you there.” She denies and rushes to exits the hall.

“Don’t. Stay where you are. I don’t want you to see me like this.  I look really ugly right now.”

She didn’t follow his instruction but keep searching for him. She couldn’t give up this easily.

“No… I want to-” She walks out from the hall and saw a familiar figure same as him leaning on the wall helplessly. Blood was everywhere near his place. Her lips keep silent and watch him. He couldn’t even hold his phone right. The blood was spilling on the floor.

“Shhh…”

“…” She closes tightly, didn’t want to make any noise. She didn’t want him notices her near him. She weeps silently.

“Jia-ah, pro- promise me something.”

“I don’t want to.” She cries while shook her head.

“Please… Just this once… Promise me you won’t cry if you met me.” She didn’t say anything but keep crying. Her eyes become red and her tears still keep flowing. She couldn’t endure her sadness seeing her man was in front of her, dying helplessly.

“Forget me. I’m a jerk.”

She saw he hangs up the call and slowly resting his body. She watches him closes his eyes slowly. His head leans on the walls weakly as if his soul leaves his body. Her hand loses her phone from her grip and falls on the floor.

“I hate you.” She cries.

-----------------

Okay guys... I'm sorry for this sudden ending. So, do you like my ending? Ha3 I'm want to apologize to all of you if I've done mistakes. As I said before, I was supposed to send ONLY one chapter but because I really love this story sooooo mucchhh! I make it long chapter and it became two parts. Please everyone tell me how did you feel about the ending? I would love to see you comments! I'm sorry if anyone doesn't really like my ending and you think it was supposed to be different. By the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING THIS STORY UNTIL THE END! I REALLY GLAD YOU READ MY STORY. PLEASE SUPPORT ME IN THE FUTURE~ Goodbye~

from:

d-yana

p/s: I want to give credits to JosRika, muchLove, NanaTargaryen and to all mu subsscribers and my readers! I LOVE YOU <3