Slipping out the lies

Everlasting Facade

Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong.

 

The sound of bell ringing non-stop, Seungho’s hands kept closing his ears tight; irritated with the sounds. He groans loud, annoyed.

 

“Who the hell is visiting in this late night?” He wakes up from the bed. His feet touch the ground, walks towards the door.

 

Finds his exit to looks for the person who rang the bell. Once he opens the door, he saw unexpected visitor along with uninvited guest.

 

“Why the hell you brought him to my house?” Seungho’s voice sounds more serious than before. His eyes glares at the couples in front of him, as the girl’s arms wraps around the guy’s waist while the guy’s head leans at her shoulder unconsciously.

 

“He’s drunk and I don’t know where his house is. I just can’t seem to find a solution where to put him right now and I only got one answer right now. That is you. Your house.” She looks at his eyes with glittering of despair.

 

“Listen Jia, I admit that I said if you in trouble or you need help, you can come to my house. But it didn’t mean you can bring someone else.” He sighs soft.

 

“Please Seungho, you’re the only one can help me right now. I can’t Cheolyong to my house. Father and Nana will know that I’m still in contact with him.”

 

“Jia…” Cheolyong speaks up.

 

Seungho and Jia set their eyes at him, watching him sleeping comfortably by dugs his face at her neck. Seungho narrows his eyes and grits his teeth, annoyed.

 

“Get in quickly and put him on the bed.” He voice out

-

 

“How did you guys meet?” He passes her a cup of hot coffee. She receives it by both of her hands, showing some respects.

 

“Well- remembers you took me at police station to send me home?” She sips her hot coffee a little bit and bits her lips.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Cheolyong was the one caught me. He is a cop right now.” She said in lower voice.

 

“Wow, now I know how he got Nana’s number.” He said in sarcastic tone. Jia turns her head and looks at him straight to his eyes.

 

“What?” He asks.

 

“You love her don’t you?” She asks him back, about his fiancé.

 

“Of course I love my own fiancé. If I don’t, I wouldn’t ask her to marry me.” He curves a smile while Jia just lefts out a chuckle.

 

“What about you? Still stuck with him?” This time Seungho asks her back about Cheolyong. If she still in love with him or not.

 

“I don’t know- Even I’m still with him, it’s not like he love me now.” She stares at the cup on her holds.

 

“Then, why don’t we test him?” He eyes her, curves a smirk. While Jia stares his face, she gulps liquid stuck at .

 

Some troubles are going to surface soon.

-

 

Light of sun shines in front of him while he furrows his brows, uncomfortable with the light. He prevent the light shine by his hand closes his face.

 

“Wake up.” He hears someone trying to wakes him up but he ignores the voice.

 

“Wake up.” Again he closed his ears with his hands.

 

“I count on three. 1, 2 and 3!” Someone pushes his body from the bed makes his body falls on the floor hard.

 

“Arghh..” He scrubs his head as his head was the one hits the floor hard.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Cheolyong shouts while the guy already facing him, curves a smirk on his evil face.

 

“Nice to you too, frienemy.” Seungho lifts his eyebrow while Cheolyong’s eyes widen.

 

“How did I get here?” He asks while trying to stands up on his own.

 

“Ask her when she get back.” He opens the door and exits the room. While Cheolyong follows him from behind and asks him back.

 

“Her? Who is her?”

 

Jia.” They descends the stairs slowly, continue their conversation.

 

“Sit and eat breakfast first. She will come after this.” He pours a cup of tea and gives Cheolyong the cup.

 

Cheolyong stares at the cup and didn’t take the cup he gives. Scared if Seungho put something dangerous in the cup.

 

“Don’t worry I won’t put anything in there.” He curves a smirk.

 

“Who said anything about you going to put something dangerous in this cup.” He quickly takes the cup and began to sip-

 

“I just put sugar and- poison.” He looks at Cheolyong who was already choked by his tea or perhaps his words?

 

“Uhuk uhuk. Uhuk. Uhuk.” He coughing hard and puts the cup on the table first before the tea could spills on his jeans.

 

“Here.” Seungho passes him a box of tissue. Cheolyong takes it without saying anything.

 

“I heard you’re a cop right now.” He looks at mirror, fixes his undone tie around his neck.

 

“Was it a problem?”

 

“No- I just want to tell you that…  I don’t want you to see Nana anymore.” He face turns serious while Cheolyong stops sipping his tea.

 

“Don’t think I’m too dumb to realize that you guys are having relationship behind my back. Making my own fiancé to lied at me is something that I cannot forgive. But since Jia brought you here, I think I should give you a warning before you making things complicated.” He smiles at the morror as he finishes wears his tie.

 

“I don’t think I’m scared enough to obey your warning.” Cheolyong reaches sandwich on the big plate.

 

Seungho turn around his body and leans his body against the wall.

 

“Cheolyong, don’t even try to play their hearts again.” He glares at Cheolyong while Cheolyong stunned. Shocked hears his words.

 

“Before this, you said that you always love Jia. And whydid you change your words?” He crosses his arms.

 

“Love is unpredictable. We never know are we going to love the same person or not in the future.” He answers.

 

“And Nana is not the one who should be in your confusing love.” He takes steps closer, facing his ‘frienemy’.

 

“She was the one who choose to be that way.” Cheolyong stands up from his seat, also facing Seungho.

 

“Don’t you dare challenge me.” Seungho grits his teeth.

 

“I want to.”

 

They glares each other eyes, their fists were already balling a fist; hold their angry towards each other.

 

“I’m back.” The door opens, shows a skinny girl walks through that door, entering the house.

 

They look at each other and separate from the each other gazes.

 

“I’m going to office right now. After you guys finish, don’t forget to lock up the door.” Seungho grabs his coat and exit the house with rushes step while Jia observes him finds his own exit with his fierce face.

 

SLAM!

 

The door slammed hard. Jia look at Cheolyong sips his tea with annoyed face.

 

“What are you guys talking about that makes him angry in the early morning?” She asks while pulls the chair to sit beside him.

 

“Nothing.” He avoids her eyes.

 

They both kept silent, the only sounds was heard were clinking sound of tea cup and munching sound. As she feels the atmosphere is going to be awkward-

 

“Are you okay right now? Or your hangover not ends yet?” She asks him.

 

“No, I’m fine. “ He munches his sandwich.

 

“Ok. Then, I won’t interrupt you while you eating.” She put on a smile on her face. 

 

She frustrated with him being awkward and being selfish again. She can’t handle this situation anymore. Even she tried to make a conversation with him; he just put on full stop so that they won’t talk.

 

I just hoped he changed after what happened yesterday. She whispers.

 

Before she could walk away, he caught her wrist. Her legs stopped, standing straight without turns to look at him.

 

“Thanks- for yesterday.” He holds her hand gently, trying not crushing her hand.

 

Jia curves a smile.

 

“Can you please don’t tell about this at Nana? I don’t want her think about us being an item. So, can you-” Before he could continue his words, she slapped him with her palm on his cheek.

 

He stunned.

 

“Am I nothing to you?” She takes a deep breath after released her anger towards him.

 

He brought his fingers ran through his red cheeks and bits his lips. He stood up, facing her wet eyes.

 

“What the hell with that attitude?” He said in high tone.

 

“Every time when we’re alone, you always talk about Nana. Nana this, Nana that. I’m sick of hearing that name came out from your mouth.” Her eyes become teary.

 

“She’s your sister don’t you know that?”

 

“She’s my stepsister.” She answers back.

 

“What, you’re jealous right now? So, you’re trying to show me that you were in love with me?” He scoffs with sarcastic tone.

 

“Am I a joke to you that you can laugh at? Sometimes, I don’t really get you. Five years ago, the guy in front of me confessed that he always love me and swear we’re not growing apart even there’s going to be circumstances. And right now, he told me he was in love with my sister-” He cuts her words.

 

“Well that guy changed.” He replies back to her.

 

“Then why did he call me last night than called his love of his life?” She shot him a death glare. His lips shut tight.

 

Cat got his tongue.

 

“I’m going. I don’t want to waste my time arguing with you.” He walks pass her.

 

“Wait.” She pleads him; his tracks stops and releases a sigh.

 

He turns, looks at her one more time.

 

“What did she have and I don’t?” Her voice cracks as she trying to hide her sadness.

 

“She’s pretty.”

 

“I don’t believe that.” She shook her head.

 

“She’s smart, got a great job.”

 

“Not enough.” Again she denies.

 

Cheolyong bits his lips and suddenly some memories hit his head.

 

Flashback

 

“I love you.” He pulled her small waist in his embrace.

 

“Don’t play with me Cheolyong. You are Nana’s boyfriend right now. I don’t want she misunderstood us.” She pulled away from his embrace.

 

“But I love you, Jia. I really am. I swear.” He confessed.

 

“Don’t swear if you don’t mean it.” She warns him.

 

“I’m not. I really am Jia. I swear with my life. If I lied, I’m going to get kill-” She covered his mouth and shook her head.

 

“Don’t. You know I don’t want people I love wish something dangerous like that. I’m scared if those wish come true.” She looked at him straight in the eyes.

 

“So, can I count that as yes?” He plastered a mischievous smile.

 

Her cheeks become red. She pulled away her hand which was covered his lips. He smiled and caught her wrist, makes her face inches away from his face.

 

He leaned his face, getting closer with her face. He slid his hand and wrap around her neck while she just waiting for him getting near with her.

 

“Wait.” She stopped him while he showed confused face at her.

 

“Tell me one reason why did you love me?” She whispers.

 

“Because you’re the one I want Jia..” Her heart beat rapidly, showed how nervous she could felt his breath.

 

He cupped her small face and crushed his lips with hers without wasting time. He kissed her lips gently while she wrapped her arms around his waist. He bits her lips, tried to tasting her lips while she replied his kisses back.

 

While he kissing her, he leaded her to takes steps back. They entered the room while he pushed the door behind him, closed the door slowly. Trying not to make sounds.

 

He pushed her body leaned on the door while kissed her lips. They breathed heavily and their kissing getting more intense as he trying to get into . His hand slid at the door knob, Getting them both more privacy.

 

End Flashback

 

“She-“ His voice cracks, can’t say those words. He takes a deep breath.

 

“She- she has my heart. She was the one I want.” He avoids her eyes while those tears she keeps below her eyes at last falls down to her cheeks.

 

“You- you did not say that.” She shook her head while brings her hands and closes her ears.

 

“I said it Jia. I’m sorry.” He rushed out, grabs his jacket.

 

He leaves her behinds, alone shedding her tears out.

-

 

“Hey.” Cheolyong says to Cheondung who was busy with the computer in front of him.

 

“You’re late.” He says to his young friend.

 

“Yeah. I’ve got something to do.” He curves a half smile.

 

“Someone sent you a big box. I put it the store room.”

 

“A box? Weird.  What is in that box?” He asks.

 

“I haven’t checked yet. Why don’t you go check what is in the box? Perhaps someone sent you a death letter.” He jokes.

 

“Yeah. Funny hyung.” He chuckles.

 

He walks in the store room, his hand searching for the switch to switch on the light. His eyes roams for his name on the box and saw the box was at the corner of the room. He closed the door and walks towards the box. He squats down and observes the box.

 

As he looks at the box, he can’t find any name to know who was the one send this box. He shook his head and just open the box as he ripped the tape from the box. Once he opens the box-

 

“The hell-”

 

He was speechless.

 

His eyes were wet in sudden after saw what is in the box.

 

A photos.

 

Lot of photos of his love. He gulps saliva on his throat as he saw Jia was on the photos with a guy on the bed.

 

Half .

 

As he shocked with those photos, he quickly closed the box. His heart neat faster, he feels his palms wet when he began to makes ball fist. He can’t breathe like he was suffocated.

 

“Cheolyong.”

 

“HUH!” Cheoyong panics. Cheondung confused after saw his friend was shocked.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” He walks towards his friend and rests his hand on his friend’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah. I’m- I’m fine.” His hand closed the box.

 

“Your face seems pale. What is in the box that makes my friend seems scared so much?” He teases.

 

“Nothing. It’s nothing.” He places his hands on top the box, prevent Cheondung before he could see what is inside.

 

“I don’t believe it’s nothing.” Cheondung steps closer to the box and trying to opens the box but before he could reach it-

 

“I said it was nothing!” He shouts makes Cheondung startled with his action.

 

They both freeze, switch glances with each other.

 

“Okay… I won’t look at the box.” He takes a step back from Cheolyong.

 

Cheolyong realizes his friend’s face changed after he screams his lungs out at him.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it in bad way.” He curves a half smile as he began to controls his feelings.

 

“No, it’s okay. I get it. Um, I- I think I heard someone called my name. I’ll go first.” He takes steps back and walks away from him, exit the store room.

 

Before Cheondung leaves his friend, he takes a glimpse at the box.

 

Bzzzztttt. Bzzzzzttttt.

 

Cheolyong feels vibrate in his pocket, he quickly picks up the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey. Do you want to eat lunch after this?”

 

“Yeah. Sure.” He hangs up the call.

 

He sighs hard. He clutched his hair his messy hair.

-

 

Nana clicks her high heels, walks towards the guy who was staring at his drink.

 

“Hey.” She touches his hand but he shows different reaction from she thought.

 

He startled.

 

“Owh, hi. I didn’t realize you came, I’m sorry.” He gives her an awkward smile. She lefts out chuckles and takes a sit in front of him.

 

He keeps silent while Nana waiting for him to talks.

 

“Don’t you want to know why did I ask you out?” She asks with cheerful smile on her face.

 

“Of course. Why  did you ask me out? Did you miss me?” He places his hand on top of her hand.

 

“Nope. Something more than that.” She shook her head.

 

“You want to say that you love me?” He playfully guesses with her.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Then, I surrender.” He holds out his hands, giving up.

 

“I’ve been thinking a lot and maybe we could spend our time by watching movie tomorrow. I left from my work by 11 p.m, so I think we could go watch at midnight. What do you think?” She asks him.

 

“Of course, what ever you say princess.” He holds both of her hands. They both smiling at each other.

 

“Sweetheart.” They turns look at the voice.

 

Yang Seungho.

 

She quickly pulls off her hands away from his hands. Cheolyong narrows his eyes.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” Nana quickly stands up, gives him a hug and after that releases him.

 

“I saw you and your-” He glances at Cheolyong who was sitting quietly.

 

“Oh! You met Bang Cheolyong? How did you guys met?” Seungho shout as if he was shocked.

 

“Yeah. We- um, we-” While Nana still thinking, Cheolyong helps her.

 

“We got bumped into each other.”

 

“Yeah, since we’ve been so long never seen each other. I offered him to buy coffee.” She explains in panic way while Seungho and Cheolyong give each other glares.

 

“You mention coffee but he drinks tea.” Seungho points out. Nana bits her lips and chuckles.

 

“I offered him a coffee but he wants to drinks tea so, I changed the order.” She fakes a smile.

 

“That explains everything. Then, can I join you guys?” He curves a smirk.

 

Nana and Cheolyong exchange gaze with uncomfortable faces.

 

“Sure. Glad to have you joining us.” Cheolyong grits his teeth.

 

“Thanks old friend.” He pulls a chair and sits beside Nana and rests his arm around her shoulder. Cheolyong rolls his eyes.

 

“Cheolyong.” Seungho calls up his name.

 

“Did you tell Nana that you stayed at my house last night?” He eyeing him, trying to talk about what happens last night.

 

“Last night? You guys have met each other before? Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?” She furrows her brows.

 

“I want to but I forgot. Last night, he came to my house with Jia.” Seungho emphasizes the last word.

 

“Jia?” Her face changed while Cheolyong glared at Seungho.

 

“Yeah, Jia. He was drunk last night so, she asks me if I could let Cheolyong stayed over for one night. And I said I cool with it.” He smiles and reaches her hand.

 

Her face from bright turns into dark. She cannot believe Cheolyong didn’t tell her anything about Jia. She thought he had only met her not Jia.

 

“Also, Cheolyong told me he was a cop right now. Isn’t it a bit shocking? A bully became a cop. Wow, I never thought he could be a cop but I’m sure he changed because of what happened to his father.” Cheolyong looks at Seungho in the eye. He already feels his blood boiling inside.

 

“And of course one thing, the most important part. Cheolyong, your boss was Jung Jinwoon right? He told me that you were handling Meng Ruan’s case.” Seungho slips out more secrets.

 

“My dad’s case? What is that supposed to mean?” She asks him, mad.

 

“I- I don’t know how to explain this but your father seems to involved in my case. Don’t worry, anything happen I will tell you.” He stutters.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he is going to be fine. He is good man.” Seungho pulls Nana’s body closer after observes her face shows full with worries.

 

Cheolyong grabs the cup in front of him and sips it until no drops of water left.

 

“Nana, you didn’t have case tomorrow right?” Seungho asks.

 

“Yeah.” She nods.

 

“Then, I want to ask you and Cheolyong to go party that I hold tomorrow. And perhaps Cheolyong could ask Jia to be his partner for tomorrow. Since we haven’t met each other for a longtime I thought we could hang out more.”

 

Again Cheolyong and Nana look at each other.

 

“Sure. I will ask her.” Cheolyong curves a fake smile while Nana seems not happy with his decision.

 

“Then, I should be going now. I have meeting. After this, I call you back.” He plants a kiss on her cheek.

 

After Seungho disappear from their sight. Nana bursts out.

 

“What is going on? Why I didn’t know anything about what he said? You also didn’t tell me about JIa.” She said.

 

“I- I didn’t think it was a big deal for you. I’m sorry.” He holds her hand but she avoids it.

 

“You met her. Of course it’s a big deal for me.”

 

“Yesterday was nothing. I just sort of drunk and probably my mind were messed up. I unintentionally called her.” He explains.

 

“You have her number?” She scoffs.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t call you instead call her. I don’t want to interrupt you with your work.” He stares at her eyes.

 

“I thought we could be more honest with each other for our relationship to work out. But I guess it won’t work.” She says in lower voice.

 

“No, of course it will work. I’ll be more careful next time. I promise.” Nana stays quiet.

 

“Hey, we will work out our relationship tomorrow night okay?” He holds her hand.

 

“What about Seungho’s party?” She asks him.

 

“We are going to the party and the movie.” He smiles.

 

“You mean it?”

 

“I mean it.” He holds her hand more tightly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry for disappearing for a long time! I really am sorry. Please forgive me... :( I've been handling a lot of work these days so, it's really tough for me to do all those stuffs at the same time. I'm sorry for the late update again but I hope you will be happy to see this long chapter. I really been working our harder to make this story become more interesting. I'm sorry if I did mistake or I wrote too much in this story. PLEASE ENJOY! AND DON"T FORGET TO LEAVE ME A LOT OF COMMENTS AS YOU CAN!! I LOVE TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS! I'LL BE WAITING! I WILL TRY HARDER TO SEND THE NEXT CHAPTER!

 

LOVE YOU GUYS~ <3<3<3