Did I deserve to get one more chance?

Everlasting Facade

 

Cheolyong keep pushing buttons on his phone. Dialing her number non-stop, wished she would take his calls.

 

“Come one…” He calls her over, and over but there’s no reply.

 

6th time,

 

7th time,

 

8th time,

 

9th time,

 

10-

 

“Argh!” He throws his phone at the walls. Lucky his phone didn’t break because of the thrown.

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

His eyes divert at the phone which lying on the floor. He lifts his eyebrow. He rushes towards the phone, bow and grabs the phone on his hold. He quickly put the phone nears his ear and answer the call.

 

“Jia!” He answers.

 

“Jia?  I’m sorry son but this is not Jia. This is her father.” He emphasizes the word ‘father’ clearly at Cheolyong’s ear. Cheolyong’s body froze, stunned after hears Meng Ruan’s voice.

 

“W-what the hell do you want?”

 

“I want you to ask you if you would like to accompany me drink at my house. Interested?” He asks.

 

“I’m not interested, Meng Ruan.” Before he could hang up,

 

“Jia is in the house right now.” Cheolyong pulls back the phone and put near his ear.

 

“Don’t lie.”

 

“Why would I lie to you? I didn’t even get any benefit.” He chuckles. Cheolyong takes a deep breath and gather himself.

 

“Fine. I’m going there.” He hung up the call.

-

 

He curves a smirk, watching the slender figure in front of him busy cooking for dinner. He can’t wait for them to start new life together. They going to live in the same house, eat together, and watch movies together and many more. There are too many things he wants to do with her and he wished that she will be the one do everything together with him. Not other women nor other men.

 

He tip toed slowly so she couldn’t realize his presence. He wraps around her slender gently and leans rest his chin on her shoulder. She startles a bit and turns around look at him.

 

“Don’t do that. You scared me.” Nana sighs.

 

“You look so cute when you’re scared.” He giggles.

 

“Because I am cute.” She replies, plays with him.

 

“Really? If you’re cute them what am I?” He turns her body around, facing him.

 

“Handsome? y?” He gives her options.

 

“Hm… let me think. Fat?” She states, looks at him straight to his eyes.

 

“Ouch.” He brings his hand at his chest as if he really hurts.

 

“It’s true. If you did not shove all the food in your mouth, you could have more nice body. And perhaps you could get six packs.” She chuckles.

 

“Well, well… So, you are observing my body when I’m not cautious huh. Such unmannered fiancé.” He gives her a look while covers his body with both of his hand.

 

“Stop it. You make me look bad.” She pulls his hand from his body.

 

“Okay, okay. I won’t.” He smiles at her, stops joking around.

 

“So-” He gazes at her.

 

“What?” She gives a confused look, didn’t know what he is talking about.

 

“Did Cheolyong contact you yet?” He asks her, suddenly pulls a serious face.

 

“Owh. No. He didn’t.” She quickly diverts her eyes away from him and continues to cook again.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. He never contacted me at all. Why did you ask?”

 

“I want to ask him if he really coming to my party with Jia tomorrow or not. Just curious.” He grabs carrot and bites it.

 

“Perhaps not.” She answers while Seungho glances at Nana.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Maybe he already has someone special. Besides, it’s not like they really close.”

 

“I thought they were best friends when high school. You’re coupled with him before, how can you not know they were close?” He asks her back.

 

“Because they lying to me.” She stops cuts onion and lifts her chin up a bit.

 

“What?” He asks.

 

“Hahaha. I’m just joking. Don’t you see I’m laughing right now.” She fakes a smile.

 

“I want to take shower. Can you please cut these onions for minutes?” She takes off apron from her body and wears iy at Seungho’s body.

 

Seungho shut his mouth, didn’t say anything as he already in rage in jealousy. H makes a ball fist, holds his anger. While Nana walks out from the kitchen.

-

 

“Why did you want to see me?” Chelyong furrows his brow; glares the older man in front of him.

 

“I’ve heard from someone that you’re the one handles my case isn’t it?” He passes him a glass of red wine.

 

“If it’s true, what are going to do? Stab me?” He provokes Meng Ruan while Meng Ruan curves smirk on his face.

 

“Bang Cheolyong, don’t you dare try to challenge me. You never know what I could do to you in the future.” He chuckles.

 

“I’m not scared.”

 

“I know you wouldn’t. I’m not surprised either. Now, let’s move on to next topic shall we? Let’s talk something more personal. About my daughters.” He shifts his eyes at Cheolyong.

 

“I want to know what is your objective getting closer with both of them. Is it because you in love with one of them or using them to know about my illegal business?” His voice sounds serious than before.

 

Cheolyong kept his lips tight didn’t know what to say. Even he didn’t know his objective as well.

 

“Why did you care?”

 

“Because I don’t want you have any relationship either both of them.” He glares at Cheolyong.

 

“Are you scared that I will bring your business and your life upside down?” He smirks.

 

“I won’t get scared because I will search for your darkest secret and when the times right, I know what am I going to do with it.”

 

“You’ll never find out anything about me. Not even close.” He grits his teeth.

 

“Then, I’ll just have to use your precious mother for you to back off.” He smiles while sips his red wine.

 

“Leave her out of this. She got nothing to do with our problem.” Cheolyong’s mad.

 

“Jia and Nana also got nothing to do with our problem. You’re the one pulls them into this mess.” Cheolyong bits his lips.

 

“Don’t you dare involve my mother in this.”

 

“I won’t- if you leave my daughters alone.” He fakes a smile on his face.

 

“Whatever. Do what you want.” He rushes out from the room and slams the door before he leaves.

 

Once he’s out from the room, he saw her walking to the kitchen. He takes a deep breath and follows her from behind.

 

“Jia…” She turns and enlarges her eyes. Shocked sees him in her house.

 

What is he doing here? She thought.

 

She shook her head and walks forward, picks up a glass. Ignoring his presence. While Cheolyong comes toward her, takes a little step.

 

“Hey…”

 

“I don’t have anything to say to you. And I don’t care why you’re here.” She avoids his gazes.

 

As she walks toward the fridge, he quickly blocks the fridge. She narrows her eyes and sighing.

 

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said in the morning.” He said in lower voice.

 

“Can you move? I want to drink.” She holds out her glass.

 

Cheolyong opens the fridge’s door and takes out milk. He takes her glass and pours the milk in her glass. After that, he passes her back her glass.

 

“Milk is good to drink before sleeps.” He curves a half smile. She didn’t reply anything but takes her glass back and sips the milk he pours. She brings her legs and tries to walks away from him.

 

“What can I do to make you forgive me?” He said in high tone. She stops her tracks.

 

“Leave me alone?” He takes steps closer to her and faces her face to face.

 

“Jia, I really am sorry.” He holds her hand gently. She looks up at him while takes a deep breath.

 

“If you’re sorry, tell me why suddenly you changed after five years? Did I do anything wrong that despise you besides my father?” She stares at him with glittering eyes.

 

“No. You did nothing!” He bursts out.

 

“Then, why did you love Nana and not me?” She asks him again.

 

“Just say that my heart changed.” He bits his lips.

 

She pulls away her hand from him and rushes to the stairs.

 

“Do you want to go Seungho’s party with me?” He said while she scoffs as if he says a joke.

 

“You just said your heart changed. Now, you’re asking me to accompany you to Seungho’s party? That’s just wrong.” She enters her room and slams the door. Cheolyong cups his face with both of his hand, frustrated.

-

 

He enters the police station and walks to his desks.

 

“Where did you go?” Cheondung taps his table.

 

“Nowhere. Why?” Cheolyong asks back. Cheondung slides his hands in his pocket’s jean.

 

“Can I talk to you in the store room personally?” He walks away and enters the store room. Cheolyong furrows his brows and follows Cheondung from behind, feels weird.

 

Once he enters the room, he saw Cheondung opens the box. His eyes widened, he gasps.

 

“Hy-hyung.” Only one word could lefts from his mouth.

 

His body shivers, his palms are sweating and his brain doesn’t seem functioning as he feels the world already spinning. His chest feels down and his heart already shrunk. Scared.

 

“I’m sorry for looking at your stuff. But I want to ask you, how did you know about this?” His friend’s face seems serious.

 

“Hyung, I can explain. I- I’m sorry for what I did. I never meant to hurt-” His words got cut off.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you already knew about this?! I’m really happy for her.” He shrieks and pulls Cheolyong in embrace.

 

“Happy?” He questions. Shocks at Cheondung’s reaction. He thought Cheondung going to reacts in opposite.

 

“Yes! I couldn’t hide this secret anymore. I’m sorry for not telling you the truth. Jia didn’t want you to know.” Cheondung happily hugs him while he stays quiet.

 

This is not right. He misunderstood. He thought.

 

“So, how did you know about this? Jia told you?” Chondung pulls away from the embrace.

 

“Um…” Cheolyong curves a smile while thinking a name.

 

“Na-Nana. Yes, Nana. We talk about some stuff and she just blurts it out.” He fakes a smile, wishes his friend didn’t suspect anything wrong.

 

“Are okay with it?” He looks at Cheolyong’s eyes.  

 

“Of course not. I felt really terrible. If I didn’t leave her alone and we didn’t fight, I could stop this incident. And maybe now, we’re getting back together. But now, there is no hope for us. We can’t be together, its wrong to be with someone that hurts person they love.” His eyes wet.

 

His chest feels hurt so much; he holds his chest tight which he thinks that would stop from hurting. Why is he the only one in pain? He already suffers too much; he cannot hold this guilt any longer. He is too weak.

 

“I’m confused. What do you mean it’s wrong to be with someone that hurts person they love? You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m sure you’ll try to help her if you're at the incident.” He pats Cheolyong shoulder, trying to makes him feels better.

 

“Yeah. I wish I could turn the time.” He plasters a smile on his face.

 

“Okay. I want to ask you very serious question. Do you want a second chance?”

 

“I wish I could.” He smiles at Cheodung, thinks that Jia never gives him a second chance after what he done to her.

 

“Don’t worry, anytime soon. You’ll get your chance.” His friend promises.

-

 

Bzzt. Bzzzt. Bzzzt.

 

Jia grabs her phone and opens the text message that she received.

 

This is Cheondung. It’s been long time we never hang out with each other. Are you free tonight? I’ll buy you drinks.

 

From: Unknown number.

----------

Jia lefts out a chuckle after read the message. She did miss him. He is her best friend.

 

Okay. I’ll go. ^^

 

From Jia.

-----------

Meet me at the Starbucks at 7 p.m.

 

From: Unknown number.

------------

It’s a date!


From: Jia
 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!v Another Chappie is UP!!! I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter! I really hope that you guys will send me a lots of comments. I need my energy too right? I will try harder to update sooner. Please don't hate me! GROUP HUGS! Love you guys so MUCH! <3<3<3