Homeroom

A School Love Affair

 

I stopped running when I saw the school. My heart ached. I couldn't forget those green eyes and that smile...and the warmth of his hand in mine. But I couldn't bring him down in the dirt with me. If I did, those green eyes will stop shining, that smile will fade, and his hands will become cold. I then walked over to the board to find my homeroom.

'Hmm...Mrs. Tsubaki," I read. So she was my homeroom teacher, huh?

As I walked into my homeroom class, my heart nearly fell to my stomach. Yukino Harama, the person I hate the most, was sitting in my homeroom. I bowed my head and quickly walked to a desk in the back, hoping she didn't see me. But the evil tramp did. She and her two minion Idiots, Karin and Mizumi, walked over.

"Well, look who it is, the Princess herself. Looks like we have the same homeroom," she said. I ignored her-like I always do- and she became angry-like she always does.

"What, you ignoring us? Do you think you're better than us? Stupid rich !" she nearly screamed in my face. I had the urge to slap her unconscious, but stopped myself.

"I really don't care," I said sounding bored. She tried to slap me, but I dodged it, grabbing her arm.

I got in her face and said, "Not this year, not anymore. Lay a finger on me again and I'll kill you." She freed her arm and walked away. I smirked, pleased.

Then HE walked in. It was too little too late to hide, because he already saw me. We stared at each other then he smiled and walked over, taking the seat next to mine.

"Hey! I'm glad we're in the same homeroom," he said happily. Obviously, he hadn't taken my warning to heart.

"Weren't you listening when I said to not get involved with me?" I asked annoyed.

"Why?" he asked confused.

"Because...the kids here will make your life a living hell," I told him.

"I don't really care what others think or do. I see you as a new friend and I don't abandon my friends. If they pick on you, I'll protect you," he said smiling at me. I blushed and looked away.