The Past

A School Love Affair

 

 I let go and sat down.

"Kaito, I have something to tell you," I said.

He sat down next to me, saying, "Okay. What is it?" I looked down as I told him.

"Before I moved here, I lived in Tokyo. We lived in a house as big as this and I had many friends. But back then I was...well a spoiled brat. I thought I was better than everyone. I had everything: loving family, money, big house, lots of friends, beauty, and brains. But that all became too boring for me. Until I met Kazuya." I stopped to look at him. He sat patiently, listening, so I continued.

 "He was everything exciting. He was the leader on this famous gang. We dated, or hung out, and then I decided to join his gang. Of course, I had to be inducted, which was winning a fight against another member. With my martial arts and watching Kazuya fight enabled me to win. My family, disapproved, but I ignored them. I loved the rush. I was nicknamed the Black Lily-beautiful but deadly. We were challenged by a rival gang one night. As I was getting ready for the fight, Kai came in to tell me how stupid it was to be in a gang---again. I yelled back at him that I didn't want to be 'perfect' like him. Then walked out. He followed me, pleading for me not to go, saying it was too dangerous. I said not to worry; I'll be fine, then smiled at him. I hugged him and left. During the fight...Kai found out where it was. The enemy's told him where it was as a trap. When I heard him call to me, I became scared. Then I saw someone run up to him. I ran to hurry to get there first, but I wasn't fast enough. He was stabbed on the side. When I made it to him, he had lost a lot of blood. I cried trying to stop the blood. He smiled at me and told me to promise him that I will change and get out of the gang. All I did was cry an ask him to hang on, to stay with me. I told him sorry for everything. He said he loved me before he died." I cried. Kaito wrapped his arms around me. He held me, just like before.

"I know how you feel. I had to see my mom wither away with cancer. It was hard, but she told me to always be strong, and that’s what I did. You fulfilled your brother’s wishes and I'm sure he doesn’t want you to be unhappy and blame yourself, “he said. He was right. Knowing Kai, he would tell me to it up and get over it, because I was strong.

I wiped away the remaining tears, smiled at him, and said, "Thanks. That’s what I needed to hear." I knew we were in for another kiss, but my dad walked in. We just sat there in each other’s arms, my dad watching us.

"Dad, I----" I began to say.

"What the hell is going on?" he asked.

"Dad---" I began again.

 "Finally! At least you're not detached anymore," he said smiling. I was confused. He was happy about me in boy’s arms? Then he just walked into the kitchen. Both me and Kaito were confused.

 "Uh...what just happened?" Kaito asked.

"I think we just got my Dads approval," I told him.

"Are you okay?" he asked. He didn’t have to tell him what, because I already knew. I nodded. I felt much better telling him about Kai. My life seemed to be getting much better.