The Black Lily is Back!

A School Love Affair

 

 I walked home, the images of what happened fresh in my mind. I felt energized and as if I was reunited with an old friend. I stopped in front of my gate.

'What will they think?' I asked.

'Who cares? We're back!' Black Lily said. I walked inside smiling to myself.

"Hey honey! I missed you so much!" Mom said hugging me.

"Hello Mom. How was your trip?" I asked her. You see, my mom is a famous writer and would often go to book signings and interviews.  

"Are you okay?" she asked, analyzing me.

"I'm perfectly fine," I said. She grabbed my face and looked me in the eyes. I looked back at her, my eyes unmoving. Suddenly, she stepped away, tears in her eyes.

“No. No..." she said covering .

"Hey, Yuuki, you're home. Do you want to help me cook dinner?" Dad asked walking in.

"No thank you, Dad. I have things to do," I said. I turned and walked up to my room. I looked in the mirror, frowning at the scratches. After I cleaned my wounds, I called Kaito.

"Hello Kaito. Are you feeling better?" I asked when he picked up.

"Yuuki? Are you okay? You sound different," he asked.

"I'm fine. I wish everyone would stop asking me that. I'm coming over. Is that alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," he said.

 I changed then walked downstairs. I could hear Mom crying. Mom and Dad looked up when I walked in. I glanced at them briefly then turned and walked out the door.