Confrontation and Revelation!

A School Love Affair

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked Kazuya.

"Well, to see you, of course," he answered. Kazuya looked the same as I remembered him. Those deadly, dark brown eyes, the night black hair, and his muscle-built body. I was dimly aware of Kaito until I felt his body stiffen beside me. I looked up at him and saw him glaring at Kazuya.

'He's jealous,' I realized. I squeezed his hand and he looked at me.

'Don't worry. I won't leave you,' my eyes said to him. He gave me a smile and I felt his body relax a little.

"How did you find me?" I asked Kazuya. "I have my sources," he said shrugging. I noticed him watching me and Kaito’s intertwined hands. 

"Well, what do you want?" I asked.

"Well, you, of course," he said as if it were obvious.

"Kazuya, I can't go back to the old gang," I told him.

"Why not? It's not like you lost your moves. Just like when you took on all of them high school kids earlier today," he said.

My body froze. Images of the fight came flooding back. Blood...screams...the rush...No. I remember Yukino running...No. Me running after her and...

"NO!" I yelled. I fell to the floor, tears rolling down my face, trying to push the images away.

"No, no, no...Why? Why did they make me do it? Why?"  I asked myself.

"Yuuki?! Are you okay?" Kaito asked.

“I'm sorry..." I said before blacking out.

In the darkness I saw everyone: Kai, Kaito, Mom and Dad, Yuuki and Raya, Kazuya, my old gang members, Yuuki and the other kids, and the Black Lily. Then they started disappearing, one by one, with only the Black Lily remaining. She held out her hand. I begin to reach for it. If I became her again, then I would have no worries, no Yukino, nothing. But also no Kaito. I paused as Kaito appeared.

 "Kaito..." I whispered. He smiled and opened his arms. I smiled and ran into his arms. The Black Lily began to disappear, with a smile on her face. When I came to, Mom, Dad, and Kaito were looking down on me with worried expressions.

"What..." I moaned.

"You passed out," Kaito said. I felt his hand in mine and squeezed it.

 "So, you're not coming back." I looked up to see Kazuya standing in the same place as before.

"I'm sorry, but no. I'm happy here,' I answered gazing at Kaito.

"Good. I'm glad, after the, uh...situation about your brother," he said.

"Thanks Kazuya," I said giving him a smile. He smiled back.

"Goodbye...Black Lily," he said. And then he was gone...forever.