Our First Kiss!

A School Love Affair

 

 DING! DONG!

"I got the door!" I yelled. I opened it to see Kaito. I expected it, but was still surprised.

"Hi," he said. I saw his eyes drift and then he blushed, looking away.

'Boys..." I thought.

"Would you like to come in?" I asked him.

He looked at me and said, "Sure."

We walked in the living room and I could see the awe in his eyes. Our living room was painted sky blue, decorated with pictures of the family. We had blue sofa's that was a shade lighter than the walls.

"I'll go get us something to drink," I told him and disappeared into the kitchen.

"So who's the boy?" Aya asked. Damn, here we go.

"Kaito," was all I said as I poured two glasses of iced tea.

"Yuuki and Kaito sitting in the tree..." she started to sing. I ignored her as I walked back into the living room. When I walked in, Kaito was looking at a picture of me and Kai. It was my birthday and he took me to the carnival that day. That was 6 months before he died.

"Who's this? Your brother?" he asked.

"Yeah. His name is Kai," I told him quietly.

"You two look alike. It would be great to meet him one day," he said putting down the picture.

"I don't think you ever will. He died 3 years ago," I whispered.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," he said with a sad look in his eyes. Suddenly, the tears came.  As I cried, I felt him put his arm around me and held me. He held me until I stopped crying completely.

I pulled away and said, "Thanks." He looked at me worried.

Then he reached out to wipe a tear that escaped from my eye, but kept his hand there. I stepped closer so that our faces were merely touching. He pulled me toward him and our lips met. His lips were so sweet that I felt as if I would melt in his arms. I put my arm around his neck and he put his around my waist. Time seemed to stop as we kissed. I was disappointed when he pulled our lips away. We gazed at each other. And in his eyes, I could see the trust, the caring, and the love in them. That’s when I realized I could tell him everything about my past, everything that I always kept bottled up inside me.