They Meet!!

A School Love Affair

 

***'What’s going on?' I was back at my old town, the place I called Hell. I don't know how I got there. Must be a dream. But why was I here?

"AWWW!!!" I looked around, trying to find out where the scream came from.

"No...NO!!" I yelled. I saw my brother my brother lying in a pool of his own blood. I ran to him, but he just kept getting farther away. Then he was out of sight, gone forever.

 I collapsed, saying, over and over, "No...I didn't...I couldn't get there in time. No, Kai...I'm sorry..."

I woke up, breathing heavily in cold sweat. I turned over and cried into my pillow. I've had that same dream every night, but it never got any easier to bear. I looked up at Kai's picture.

"Oh, Kai..." I couldn't believe he was gone...forever. But I had to face the truth...that I killed him.

"It's been 3 years. Time sure does fly by, huh?" I said to Kai's picture. I looked at my clock and realized I had to be up in 10 minutes, so it was pointless trying to go back to sleep. After I showered and dressed up for school, everyone was already up.

"Morning," I said entering the kitchen.

"Morning, Yuuki" my 11-year old twin sisters, Raya and Aya, said together. Raya was a tomboy with long black hair she always kept in a ponytail, while Aya was more girly and had hair flowing down her back. Everyone says we could of been triplets, despite the age difference, with our black hair and gray eyes, which we got from our father. I sat down and ate my breakfast, that dream on my mind.

I got up and said, "I'm leaving early today. See ya." I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Today was the beginning of my second year in high school. I'd prefer to stay home, but I would only think about Kai and that dream.

I wasn't paying attention when some guy slammed right into me full speed.

"Oww..." I moaned sitting up.

"Hey are you alright?! I didn't mean to run into you like that," they asked. I looked up to see a face with worried blue green eyes with auburn hair looking back at me.

"Umm...yes. I'm alright," I said.

He smiled, relieved, and said, "Good." He stood up and extended his hand to me. I took it and let him help me up.

"I'm Kaito," he said, still holding my hand.

"I'm Yuuki" I said, very aware of his hand. I noticed his school uniform was to my school.

"You go to Kankura Academy?" I asked.

"Yes, I start today. You go there too, right? It'll be great to know someone there!" he said. I let go of his hand.

"Please don't involve yourself with me. You'll only get hurt," I said coldly. I ran before he could catch me.