Chapter 2

Unrequited Love

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I stopped by a pharmacy to get some medicated oil for her. I was about to ask her to wait for me awhile when I found her deep in her sleep. This is gonna be a long night, I thought. I got the medicated oil and drove her back to her house. Opening the car door on her side, I bend down and remove the shoes of her injured ankle. I rubbed it gently using the medicated oil and wrapped it with the guaze. She must be really tired since she could not feel a thing when I rub her swollen ankle. I carried her and put her gently at her doorstep. “Seohyun-sshi, you’re home already, please wake up.” I said while tapping her shoulders. She managed to open her sleepy eyes and they emerged into smiles. “Kyuhyun-sshi.. I’m home already? Thanks for sending me home. Sorry for the trouble!” She tried to stand up to bow to me and immediately lost her balance.

I held her tightly, while she groaned in pain. “Sorry again…You..you helped me to fix my ankle?” She asked me with a confused look. “No, it got fixed on its own.” I said sarcastically. I could see her face flushed and she immediately bowed down and said “Thank you Kyuhyun-sshi, please rest well!” She slowly limped into her house and disappeared behind the doors.

I guess she must have been shocked by my answer, well not that I did it on purpose, but wasn’t it obvious that I was the one who helped her with her ankle? I shook the thoughts off my head and drove back home, and was welcomed by Leeteuk. “Yah hyung, why are you not asleep yet.” I said bluntly. “Kyuhyun-ah! You’re finally back! What took you so long!” He asked anxiously. I rolled my eyes at him and said, “Aren’t you acting a little over here? I’m already a grown up, besides, I’m a guy!” Leeteuk stared at me blindly and said, “Oh yeah, I forgot, our cute little maknae has grown up evil! How not-cute already.” And the rest of them burst out laughing.

“Tsk.” I rolled my eyes again at them and slammed my room door at them. Time for some Starcraft!

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Hyun! Where have you been! What time is it already!” Siwon-oppa jumped up from the couch and ran to me. “Oppa, I…” before I could complete my sentence, I was attacked by another scream. “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ANKLE!! WHO DID THIS TO YOU!” Siwon-oppa yelled into my ears. “Oppa, soften down! You will wake Mom and Dad up!” I chuckled at the sight of my silly brother, he always get anxious and worried to things that are related to me. My dear brother. I had to tell him the story from head to toe and assured him a million times that I was alright before he finally allowed me to retreat back to my room.

I freshen myself up and changed into my pajamas before lying down on my comfy bed. It has been a really long day for me, so many things have happened…hopefully tomorrow gets better.

I woke up the next day feeling worse. Well the aftermath of a sprain will definitely become worse after the first day.. I was unable to walk on my own and had to get my brother to help me balance. He sent me to the hospital to have it fixed properly and I had a day off from school.

“Oppa, you are friends with Kyuhyun-sshi’s brother right? Can you help me to get his number? I need to update him on the assignment.” I asked my brother. “Are you sure you just want to update him on the assignment? Or do you…” I shot him a glare before he could finish his sentence. “Okay okay I lose, I will help you to get his number okay? Meanwhile, just rest well at home, Mom has taken a day off from work to take care of you.” Siwon-oppa said.

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Another boring day at school. I’m so tired my eyes can hardly open after 10 rounds of games last night. I was about to put my head on the table when I received a message,

‘Hi Kyuhyun-sshi, I will not be able to attend school today, please hand in the assignment that I have left under your desk to Mrs Jung. Sorry to trouble you, and thank you for yesterday. – Seohyun’

So this girl won’t be attending school today? But how did she even get my number? I went back to sleep without replying her message and was woken up by Mrs Jung to hand in our assignment. She didn’t even bother asking me to pay attention as she knew she would be wasting her time. Furthermore, I am one of the top students in this school, why would she even care?

The last bell finally rang and I took my bag and went home straight. I immediately went to my laptop to play my favorite Starcraft. Just then, Donghae came into my room. ‘Yah Kyuhyun-ah, what did Siwon’s sister told you?” He asked curiously. “Who’s Siwon’s sister?” I asked. “Yaaahhhh why are you acting this way! Are you trying to have her attention all by yourself?” Donghae shook my shoulders. “YAH hyung! I’m playing my game can’t you see. And I really don’t know who’s that girl you’re referring to!” I screamed at him.

“She’s your classmate Seohyun you dummy! Don’t you know she’s Siwon’s sister?” Donghae hit my head. “What?! That prim and proper nerd is Siwon-hyung’s sister?” I blurted out. “Yah! Who are you calling nerd!” Siwon suddenly appeared. “Hyung! Kyuhyun called your sister a nerd!” Donghae said while smirking. “Yah you jerk! How can you call my baby sister a nerd! She’s the most perfect girl in my eyes!” Siwon said while kneading my head. “Ouch, hyung! It hurts! Besides, you have never mentioned to us before, how do you expect me to know!” I retaliated. “That’s the problem! You guys are too inappropriate, I wouldn’t dare to introduce her to you guys!” Siwon shook his head in disapproval. “Then what about Tiffany-noona, so she’s not as perfect as your baby sister?” I said cunningly.

“Yah!” And I got a smack on my head.