Chapter 10

Unrequited Love

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“Hey Seo…how was your weekends?” I asked as I entered the classroom. “It was really good, how was yours, Oppa?” She replied. “It was alright, the usuals, hanging out with the boys. So…what were you doing with Changmin-sshi?” I asked cautiously, not wanting her to sense any jealousy. She blushed at the mention of Changmin’s name, and I didn’t feel good about this.

“We caught a horror movie together…then we went to the beach for a chat.” Seohyun said. “What did you guys talked about?” I tried to appear curious, hiding my disappointed heart. “We..we…talked about…just some stuff…” She stuttered. “Let’s continue with our assignment shall we?” She immediately said.

“Alright…” I forced a smile. I couldn’t concentrate the whole day. I didn’t know this could affect me so badly, so is this what they call, love? The last bell sounded and I picked up my bag to leave, but Seohyun stood up immediately and held my arms.

“Kyuhyun-oppa..do you want to have dinner with me tonight? My family is out, and I don’t really feel like eating alone.” She said, smiling. I was star struck, how lucky can I get, the girl whom I secretly in love with is asking me out for dinner!

“If you’re busy…it’s okay..”

“Yeah…yes of course!” I said, almost too excited. “Really?” Her eyes lit up instantly. I was really glad to be able to spend the rest of the day with her. We walked around the shopping mall, trying to find a good café to settle in. Just as we stepped in, we were greeted by not only waitress, but also..Changmin and Seohyun’s brother, Siwon!

“SEO! What are you doing here? Especially with him!” Siwon scooted over and pulled his sister away from me, as though I was a big bad wolf. “Hello hyung!” I smirked. “Yah! What are you doing with my sister!” Siwon had his arms around me trying to talk to me in private. “Hyung..I’m having a dinner with Seo, she invited me here.” I said calmly. “Yah yah! Who says you can call her Seo! And why would she do that, stop lying!” He exclaimed. “I’m not lying hyung! And we’re close friends, of course I call her by her short name.” I rebutted.

“Don’t try to do anything funny with her. Else…” Siwon whispered to my ears. “Yah hyung! I won’t do that! Trust me.” I said. “I don’t trust you…but I will monitor you for now.” He said sternly. “Yah hyung…”

“Oppa..what are you guys talking about?” Seohyun looked at me worriedly. “Nothing Seo, why not join us for dinner?” Siwon offered. “Yeah oppa! Since Changmin-oppa is here too.” She said. “Yeah, join us Kyuhyun-sshi.” Changmin put his arms around Seohyun. Urgh that sickening guy! He obviously did it on purpose since he definitely can sense that I am interested in Seohyun too.

“Yeah okay. Let’s sit shall we?” I said while trying to walk in between Changmin and Seohyun.

“So, Changmin-sshi, I heard from Seohyun you just came back from overseas. What are you currently doing now?” I tried to sound pleasant. “Ah..yeah, I am currently working as an auditor in one of the international company.” He said.

“Oh…that’s cool. So your pay is pretty high huh.” I said. Siwon nudged my arms trying to hint me not to probe too much into his personal matters. “Yeah Kyuhyun-oppa, he is capable isn’t he?” She said brightly.

The rest of the conversations were pretty awkward, since Changmin and I were trying to get Seohyun’s attention, while Siwon was trying to protect his sister. Dinner finally ended, and I said, “Seohyun-ah, shall we take a stroll in the park? It’s still early.”

“Okay! Siwon-oppa, you go home with Changmin-oppa first alright? I will come back a little later.” Seohyun told her brother. “But will you be alright alone with him?” Siwon looked at me with his questioning eyes. “Of course oppa, Kyuhyun-oppa will definitely send me back safely, right?” She looked back at me.

“Of course! I will send her back safely okay. Trust me hyung!” I said.

“Alright, but don’t come back too late.” Siwon said.

We said our goodbyes and I had my arms around Seohyun to direct her to the park, trying my best to leave the area.