Chapter 5

Unrequited Love

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“I guess we should go back there soon. My brother will start panicking if he sees me with you. You know him right..” Seohyun said. “Yeah alright..we…” Before I could finish my sentence, her phone rang.

“Changmin-oppa!” Her eyes widened in surprise. “How are you! I missed you too!” She giggled lively. I’ve got this unexplainable disappointment in my chest. “Yes oppa, we need to meet up soon when you get back. Really…See you!” Then she hung up the phone and looked at me. “Sorry Kyuhyun-sshi…my friend just called.” She apologized. “It’s..It’s okay. Let’s go in, it’s getting chilly out here.” I guided her back to the ballroom.

“Seo! Where have you been!” Siwon immediately went to her side. “He did not do anything to you right?” Siwon said while eyeing me. “Of course not, oppa! Kyuhyun-sshi is my classmate and a friend. By the way, Changmin-oppa called! He’s returning back to Korea in two days’ time!” Seohyun said excitedly to her brother. “Now if you will excuse me.” I said politely, trying to escape reality. Seohyun immediately turned back and bow to me.

I walked over to Leeteuk and the rest of the guys, joining them for a couple of drinks. My mind wasn’t exactly there, I was somehow thinking about the ‘Changmin-oppa’ guy that Seohyun talked about so excitedly. “Ya Kyuhyun-ah! Join us in our games! Stop drinking alone like a lonely boy.” Sungmin said. “Nah, I’m going back to Starcraft. You deprived me for the whole day already.” I said sheepishly and took my coat to leave.

I went straight back home and plopped myself on my bed. I was not in the mood to use my brains for the game since there is this unanswered question stuck in my head. Who is that guy?

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Oppa! It’s time to go to the airport to fetch Changmin-oppa!” I said to my brother. “Yah! Why do I sense favoritism here! I’m your real brother!” Siwon-oppa said. “Oppa! It’s been so long since we’ve seen him, don’t you miss him? You guys used to bathe together!” I . “What! Our age was a single digit back then! What’s there to compare about!” Siwon-oppa rebutted. “Hahaha let’s go!” I dragged my brother to the car.

We were at the airport in no time and were waiting for Changmin-oppa’s flight to touch down. “Seororo!” I heard a very familiar voice calling me. I turned back and saw an unfamiliar feature who resembles Changmin-oppa a lot. “Chang…min-oppa?” I asked. He pulled me into an embrace and caressed my back. “Is it really you? You’ve grown so much taller! And much more handsome of course!” I said happily. “Yah Shim Changmin! Stop hugging my sister! Let her go!” Siwon-oppa whined. “Yahhh Siwon-hyung, you’re still so protective over Seororo! Don’t you know I love her as my sister just as much as you?” Changmin-oppa said. I smiled at their childishness and dragged the both of them with my arms around theirs to the car. “Let’s go! Mom’s waiting for us to have lunch at home!” I said.

After lunch, I sat at the balcony having my tea. Changmin-oppa came over to join me, and he kept staring at me. “Seororo…you’ve..grown up really well!” Changmin-oppa said. “Oppa! Stop teasing me, you must have broke many girl’s heart right?” I said. “That I don’t know..but, I have not been in a relationship yet.” He said confidently. “Really? You’ve been overseas for 5 years! How can you not get a girlfriend overseas!” I said shockingly. “Really Seo, there’s just no one like her.” He said. “Her? Who? Tell me about her!” I asked curiously. “She’s…beautiful, gentle and smart. That’s all! Now, let’s talk about you! Have you got yourself a boyfriend yet?” He changed the topic swiftly.

“No Oppa, nobody wants me!” I put on a sad face. “Are you sure? Or are you too silly to even realize it?” He joked. “Oppa what are you saying!” I hit him. “Yah! Are you bullying my Seobaby again?” Siwon-oppa joined us. “Hyung…I wouldn’t dare! She’s your baby sister, and mine too!” He said. “Yah! She’s mine! She’s not yours!” Siwon-oppa said angrily.

“Oppa! I’m gonna meet the girls as usual, so if you would excuse me, I would like to escape from this war between the two of you.” I said and turned to leave. “Wait Seo! Let me go with you! It’s been awhile since I’ve came back, I want to walk around to take a look.” Changmin-oppa said. “Okay! My friends would be glad to see you, maybe you might find someone suitable for you among them!” I said.

He smiled and took my hands, pulling me out of the door.