Chapter 4

Unrequited Love

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“Hyung! Your wedding with Yoona-unnie is next week right?” I asked Donghae. “Yeah, don’t forget! You’re my best man! So please stop playing Starcraft for one night and wake up in time for my wedding!” Donghae said. “Then who’s the bridesmaid?” I asked casually. “I don’t know, Yoong refused to reveal the secret even though I’m her soon-to-be husband. This is so annoying!” Donghae said while scratching his head. “Maybe it’s her secret female admirer so she doesn’t want you to know beforehand!” I . “Yah Cho Kyuhyun! Get back here!” He screamed at me.

It’s our one week break from school and I spent nearly every day playing Starcraft, occasionally got pulled out by my hyungs to the nearby basketball court for a game or two. Then, Donghae-hyung’s wedding arrived shortly after.

I was literally yanked out of bed by Leeteuk-hyung to get dress in the tuxedo that was prepared beforehand. “Urgh this is so uncomfortable!” I grumbled to Leeteuk-hyung. “Yah you’re gonna be the best man for all of us since you’re still single. So if you want to stop wearing this, then get a girlfriend!” Leeteuk teased. “Yah! Who says this is the only solution? I’m gonna skip all of your weddings if that is the case!” I retorted.

I got ready and waited at the church for the bride to arrive. Everyone was there, Yoona’s friends and also all my hyungs. Just then, the car arrived and I saw this familiar figure in a sparkling short dress stepping out of the car to help Yoona with her wedding gown. As she turned over, I soon realized it was Seohyun! She was dazzling, her huge curls were in place and her legs were really long and fair. Her make-up compliments her huge eyes and her smile was…beautiful. I did not know I was staring at her all these while until Donghae-hyung nudged my arm and asked me to prepare for the entrance.

Yoona had her arms around Donghae’s and they walked slowly and glamorously down the aisle. I offered my arms to Seohyun and she took it shyly. She managed to keep her composure and smiled like an angel towards the audience. My heart was beating so quickly and for a moment, I was glad Donghae-hyung made me his best man.

“I didn’t know you knew Yoona too.” I whispered softly to her while the couple recited their vows. “Yes, she’s my senior in my junior school days and we used to be in the same dance group.” She smiled. “What about you, Kyuhyun-sshi?” “Oh..Donghae-hyung and the rest of the hyungs are my childhood friends, so we practically knew each other since forever.” I said. “Ahh…I see. No wonder all of you looked so close, that’s really nice.” She said politely.

We went on with the ceremony and proceeded to the ballroom for the dinner. Everyone was dancing happily in the middle with the newly-wed, with the exception of Seohyun sitting at a corner enjoying the view in front of her. I walked towards her bravely and offered her a dance. “I see you’re alone, do you mind dancing with me?” I said, stammering. “Of course not, it’s my pleasure.” She said calmly, again.

Her steps were really graceful and I could see she was uncomfortable with me holding onto her waist. It was clear that she did not have a boyfriend before. We were dancing beside Siwon and Tiffany and Siwon-hyung shot me the ‘what-do-you-think-you’re-doing’ look. I turned away to avoid his gaze and led Seohyun to the other side of the dance floor. The light was dimmed and the music changed into a slow and romantic one. I pulled her closer to me and could see her face blushing. I smirked at the reaction and continue dancing with her.

After awhile, I initiated to stop the dance and pulled her to the swimming pool. I removed my blazer and had them placed around her shoulders. “Thank you, Kyuhyun-sshi!” She said politely and smiled. We were quiet for a moment and I decided to break the ice. “Have you ever fell in love with someone before?” I asked her. She was startled by my straightforwardness and managed to regain her composure. “No…I guess I haven’t met the right one yet.” She confessed. “Ahh….Hmm..” I said. “What about you, Kyuhyun-sshi?” She asked, looking at me with her bright eyes shining brightly. “I…I…haven’t had a girlfriend yet.” I stammered.

“Why? I see many girls screaming your name every single day. Definitely there’s someone who has captured your heart out there.” She said while smiling. “Maybe, maybe not. Maybe like you, I haven’t met the right one.” I shrugged my shoulders. She shook her head slowly and curved her lips in. “You look beautiful tonight, in this dress.” I blurted out. Her eyes widened and she blushed madly.. “Ah…Thank you. You look great too.” She said.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating much for the past few days! I was overseas! Will try to update more often before I fly again in 2 weeks' time. Enjoy!