Chapter 9

Unrequited Love

 

[Changmin’s POV]

“Oppa! The movie was really exciting! The storyline was so good! It was pretty scary but I really love the suspense!” Seohyun exclaimed. Things weren’t going my way, I wanted to ‘protect’ her like how the movies always show, girl gets scared, guy takes the chance to hug her. In the end, Seohyun isn’t the typical type of girl who turns to guys when she’s scared. She’s not even afraid of horror movies! On the other hand, I was feeling a little queasy after watching all the gore scenes.

“Seo…shall we go to the beach for a stroll? It’s been quite awhile since we’ve done that.” I asked her. “Alright! But can we get ourselves some ice cream first? I’ve been craving for it for quite some time.” She said cutely. I pat her head lightly and held her shoulders, leading her to the ice cream shop.

We went to our usual spot at the beach and sat down, enjoying the sea breeze and also our ice cream. “Oppa, I…have something to tell you. I haven’t told Siwon-oppa yet. My instincts told me you should be the one I can confide too. Siwon-oppa would definitely make a big fuss if I told him about this.” Seohyun said slowly. “What is it Seo?” I said while playing with her hair. She sat up and looked down. “I think…I’ve fallen in love with someone.” She said shyly.

My heart hurts so badly upon hearing this. I knew that person she has fell in love was not me. Else, she wouldn’t have confessed so daringly. Another part of me knew who that person was, it was so obvious, her actions whenever he’s around. I chose to deny them all.

“Who…who is it, Seo? Do I know him?” I mustered up my courage to ask her, even though the answer was obvious. Her face blushed, she must have thought of him. “It’s Kyuhyun-oppa..” She said softly, as if trying hard not to hurt my ear drums at the mention of his name. “How did it happened?” I kept my composure well, not wanting her to have any suspicions of my sudden change of mood.

“I don’t know…it just happened. Remember I was asking you this morning, how it is like to fall in love with someone? I felt just the way you described when I saw him just now. That’s how I know.” She smiled. It felt as though I was the one who helped Seohyun reconfirmed her feeling to Kyuhyun. I felt like slapping myself for describing it to her, I could have said no, and she would not be telling me this. At least for now.

“Are you gonna confess to him?” I asked subconsciously.

“Oppa! How can I do that? I’m…I’m a girl. It’s difficult to make the first move.” She blushed madly. “Maybe..he likes you too? If you don’t tell him, you will never know.” I said. Yeah good job Shim Changmin, here you are, pushing your dream girl to your rival.

“Should….should I? But I have never done this before. I don’t know the right time to confess.” She asked curiously. “There’s no right time for this, when you feel that it is the right time, just do it.” I said.

“Hmm…” And she went into deep thoughts. Looks like this is another sleepless night for me. I’ve somehow became her love consultant.