Chapter 8

Unrequited Love

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Oppa…what is it like to fall in love?” I asked Changmin one afternoon which we chill in the balcony. “Why do you ask this, Seo? You have someone in mind?” He replied. “N-No..it’s just that you know, Sooyoung and the other unnies have been bugging me to get a boyfriend. But…I don’t know the feeling of being in love, how am I supposed to fall in love.” I said shyly.

“Ah.. so you’re concerned about that uh? Our Seobaby has definitely grown up well.” Changmin-oppa teased. “Well, the feeling of being in love, I guess, it’s when your heart skips a beat whenever you talk to him. The sight of him brightens your day, and well, you’re disappointed when you don’t get to see him?” He tried to explain.

“I see…then, Oppa! Have you even been in love before?” I said suddenly. “W-what? Well you really caught me this time round. I guess so…I’ve been carrying a torch for this girl for quite some time already.” He said while blushing. “Aww Oppa! Confess to her! I’m sure she would accept you, you’re handsome, tall and smart, what a girl wants, you have it all!” I said excitedly.

“Really? Is that what you think so too, Seo?” He said. “Of course Oppa!” I replied happily.

The racing feeling I felt in my heart when Kyuhyun almost kissed me.. Does that mean I’ve fallen for him? I tried to analyze with the description Changmin gave me, but on the other hand, it wasn’t enough for me to come to a conclusion. Love, is so hard to define.

 

[Changmin’s POV]

 ‘You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you the girl I’ve been secretly loving is you, Seo.’ I thought to myself. It’s been 5 years since I’ve saw her, but the love I had for her has never died down, it was in fact getting stronger. She was my inspiration to study hard, just so to be able to come back to Seoul and stay here, with her. I was pretty depressed when she asked me what is it like to be in love. Did she fell in love with someone already?

I was trying to be careful with how I express myself in front of Seohyun, since she has never been in love before. I didn’t want to scare her away, and most importantly, ruin our friendship.

“Seo, shall we catch a movie now? There’s this movie I’ve been dying to watch. Will you please watch it with me?” I initiated. Before she could answer me, I grabbed her hands and pulled her to the car. When we arrived, I had my arms hung around her shoulders just like before, she was comfortable with it since we have doing that since young.

However, she suddenly took my arms away from her shoulders while looking down. I was wondering why the sudden change in her actions, and realized her stealing glances at this guy approaching us. “Seohyun-ah, what are you doing here, and this is?” The guy asked. “Kyuhyun-oppa, I’m here to watch a movie with Changmin-oppa.” She said brightly. “Ah, this is Changmin-oppa, my childhood bestie. Changmin-oppa, this is Kyuhyun-sshi, he’s my classmate.” She introduced briefly. So, he’s the guy Seohyun have been doing her assignment with, which means, it’s the guy they have been talking about all these while. The guy was not very interested in greeting me, in fact, I was the same too. I could see he had questions in his mind.

“Seo, we should go, our movie’s starting.” I said, trying to distract her to get him out of her sight. “Okay, sorry Kyuhyun-oppa, I need to go now, see you in school!” She said. I forced a smiled at Kyuhyun and put my arms around Seohyun to lead the way. I could feel his eyes glaring at me from the back. Ha!

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

“Damnit hyung! You have no idea how cocky that guy was! He was so annoying!” I slammed my fist on the table. “Ya Kyuhyun-ah, please don’t break the table. This just shows how in love you’re with Seohyun. Kekeke!” Donghae said. “Yes, I will admit that I’m indeed attracted by her personality. But why is it so hard to confess to her!” I ran my hands through my hair. “Take it slow dude, you can’t force it upon her. Besides, you have no idea how she is feeling about you.” Donghae said. “How can you ask him to take it slow! He has a competitor right now, and I can see a strong one, since Kyu is getting all frustrated. You should just grab her, kiss her, then make her yours!” Heechul said.

“Should I?” I said.

“WHAT!!” Donghae, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook shouted at me at the same time.

“Ya Kyu, don’t listen to Heechul hyung! You’re gonna scare her away with such aggressive move!” Sungmin said. “But it sounds pretty direct and good to confess…” I tried to reason out. “If she runs away from you, don’t come after us saying we did not warn you!” Donghae said. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry guys, I haven't got the time to update recently. Been really busy and will be out of town this coming weekend. So...two chapters in a row! Hopefully the storyline doesn't disappoint you guys :) Enjoy!