Chapter 7

Unrequited Love

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I walked out of school in a hurry, suppressing the urge to hit myself in the face for acting so childishly in front of her. And to why did I acted this way, I’ve not idea. All I wanted now is to get back to my Starcraft and kill the hell out of those monsters.

“Hi Kyu, you’re early today! Aren’t you staying back with your girl to continue with your ‘assignment’?” Leeteuk teased. “Stop it hyung, stop mentioning her anymore. It makes my blood boil.” I spat. “What happened? Did she ditch you for some other guy?” He continued to probe. “Yah hyung! We were never together in the first place. Besides, she has her ‘OH-so-dashing’ childhood friend to accompany her.” I blurted out in annoyance.

“Ah…someone is jealous I see!” Sungmin said. “What jealous?! HA, I’m far from that. Stop imagining things and get on with your work.” I said as I stomped away. “This maknae…” I could hear them nagging at me as I walked back to my room and locked myself in it. I decided to take a nap to clear my thoughts before I start owning people in Starcraft.

‘You’re jealous…Kyu…you’re jealous…Admit it…’

“I’M NOT!” I woke up with beads of sweat on my forehead and was feeling agitated. Did I just replied to my dream? Am I really jealous? I’m the prodigy, the genius, I can’t be bothered by such a small fry. But…I’m feeling this emptiness in my heart. Have I… fallen for her already?

I prepared my part for the assignment to keep up with my promise and brought it to school the next day. As usual, I left it on her desk neatly and continue with my sleep. I did not have to look up to see if she has arrived, her scent was enough to alert me of her presence.

“Hello Kyuhyun-sshi! Thanks for completing your part!” She said cheerfully.  “Do you have time after school today? Maybe we can stay back awhile to merge our parts together.” She asked. “Yeah, let’s do that.” I said casually. I felt this unexplainable happiness when she talked to me despite me treating her so coldly yesterday. I have decided to express myself more, and maybe when the right time comes, I will confess to her.

“Seohyun, shall we go for lunch first, I’m hungry. I can’t work with an empty stomach.” I said. She chuckled and nodded her head and we went to the café opposite our school. “Here! Try the goguma here! It’s one of the best!” She said as her eyes sparkled. She must really loved eating goguma.

“Seohyun, that guy yesterday…he’s just your childhood friend?” I asked casually, not wanting to sound jealous. “Yes Kyuhyun-oppa, he’s just like a close sibling of mine since we practically grow up together in the same neighborhood. Just that his family migrated overseas five years ago.” She explained. “Ah…you guys looked really close.” I said softly. “Yeah, maybe that’s why everyone’s misunderstood about our relationship. Did you misunderstand too?” She asked. “I…errr…was at first, but I decided to clarify with you before jumping into conclusions.” I said, embarrassed of my actions.

“I’m glad you did! At least there’s someone who will believe what I’ve said, not judging me.” She smiled. I stared at her long wavy hair and beautiful face, she’s indeed dazzling, it’s no wonder the girls are jealous of her. And…she just called me ‘oppa’! Oh. My. God.

“Hey isn’t that Kyuhyun and Seohyun? Why are they together? Are they in a relationship?”

Seohyun’s face immediately blushed and I turned and glare at them telling them to keep them mouth shut. “So..sorry..I hope this won’t affect you in anyway.” I said. “It’s alright, rumors are bound to spread anyway.” She said politely. She’s really an angel.

“Kyuhyun-oppa, let’s start with our assignment, shall we?” And she dragged my arms and led me to the library. I was a little upset when she let go of it when we were there already. It was already 7pm when we decided to call it a day. I looked up and saw her on the phone. “Yes Oppa, I’m done with assignment already.…Will it be out of the way for you?.... Okay, see you.”

“Kyuhyun-oppa, my brother will be fetching me, would you like a lift back?” She asked. “It’s alright, I drove to school, I wanted to offer you a ride though.” I said. “Thank you, next time maybe?” She chuckled. “Shall we go to the carpark now?”

My mind was filled with regrets, I missed the chance to send her home. How stupid can I get?