Chapter 1

Unrequited Love

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“Will you just look at him! He is so rude!” Sohee said. “Maybe he have his reasons, let’s not jump into a conclusion just because he is acting this way.” I shrugged my shoulders and said. “Let me talk to him about it.” I offered. I walked over to Kyuhyun and tapped his shoulders, “Kyuhyun-sshi, our class is having a donation…”

“I’m not interested.” He said. My sentence was cut off before I could relay the message to him. “But Kyuhyun-sshi, we are helping those children who are in need. Just a little amount will do.” Just after I finished saying, he shoved a fifty dollars bill into my hands, stood up and walk away. “Thank you Kyuhyun-sshi!” I shouted after him.

“Wow Seohyunnie, I guess you’re the only one who can bear with him. Where did you get that amount of patience from?” Sohee said shockingly. “Just treat him normally will do.” I smiled at her. Even though Kyuhyun and I have been classmates since Year 1, we have never talked to each other, up till our graduating year. In fact, he has never talked to anyone in his class. The only people I’ve ever seen him talking to, was his gang of friends from the elite group. Just as the name suggest, all of them comes from an elite family, they are all rich, smart, the successor of their father’s company. All of them are famous with girls, except for Kyuhyun, who rejects every girl even before they could approach him.

“Class, please form into your group, you will need to complete your assignment in pairs.” Mrs Jung said. “Seo! Let’s group together!” Sohee had her arms around mine. “Okay, of course!” I smiled at my best friend. After awhile, I looked around I realized Kyuhyun hasn’t got a group yet, he was sitting alone in a corner, sleeping, and no one dared to approach him. “Sohee, why don’t you group with Krystal this time round? Kyuhyun hasn’t got a partner yet, and none of them wants to group with him.” I said. “But Seo… are you sure you want to group with him, you will have a hard time you know?” Sohee said worriedly. “It’s alright, he’s our classmate and we should not condemn him this way right?” I said.

“Kyuhyun-sshi, will you please group with me for this assignment?” I breathed in deeply and asked. He looked up at me for awhile and continued to lean his table on his arms to sleep. I took that as a ‘Yes’ and sat down beside him. I took down all the details that we have to take note for the assignment and made another copy for Kyuhyun. I chucked it under his arms with number on it and left the classroom.

The next day, I prepared all the necessary parts for our assignment, and even Kyuhyun’s part in case he could not understand my notes. I walked into the classroom and found him sleeping again. To my surprise, his part for the assignment was nicely laid out on my desk. I read his part and it was really well-written.

After class, I saw Kyuhyun taking his bag, ready to leave the classroom and I immediately held him back. “Kyuhyun-sshi, would you mind staying back for awhile? We need to discuss a little more about the assignment, I wonder if I could use your opinion on how we should do this.” I said. He gave me this annoyed look and sat down back at his place. “Kyuhyun-sshi, this..what do you think about it? We can merge this part and this part together…” I looked up and found him asleep…again. I sighed and continued on with my work. Before I realized, it was already 9PM, the lights along the corridor have already been switched off, only leaving the classroom’s lights on. I was running late but I have night blindness thus I couldn’t make my way out of this place easily.

“Kyuhyun-sshi..Kyuhyun-sshi! Please wake up! It’s already 9!” I shook him gently. I received no reaction from him and I didn’t want to interrupt him any further, so I decided to try my luck to get out of school.

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

Gosh…this girl just had to disrupt my sleep. First she made me stay back, then she starts to blabber all kinds of nonsense. Why did I even agree to group with her in the first place. I rubbed my eyes and found a note on my table that read:

‘Hi Kyuhyun-sshi, sorry I couldn’t wait for you to be awake…I’ve finished combining all our parts already, please take a look to see if there’s any amendments that you would like to make. See you tomorrow!

- Seohyun’

I sighed and took my bag to leave the classroom. It was really dark and quiet outside, and I wonder if she actually made her way out on her own. I was going down the stairs when I heard someone sobbing softly. I had goosebumps all over and thought I was just hearing things. Trying to assure myself, I walked towards the direction of the sobbing girl and realized who was the one sobbing.

“Seohyun-sshi, what are you doing here?” I squat down and asked her. Suddenly, she hugged me tightly, almost suffocating me. “Kyuhyun-sshi! Thank god you found me!” She managed to say while sobbing. “What happened to you?” I asked bluntly. “I’ve got night blindness, so I couldn’t see well, and I knocked into something… I think I’ve sprained my ankle.” She said. I sighed and turned my back at her. “Get up.” I offered. She climbed up gently and I carried her to my car. “Thank you, Kyuhyun-sshi!” She whispered into my ears.