Best of Me -2-

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

“Happy anniversary Rosie.” Jennie smiles, bending down and placing a single stemmed rose in the water, “I miss you.” She stands, watching as the water carefully takes the rose into the sea.

 

Today should have been their second year wedding anniversary, but sometimes things don’t work out the way we want them to. Till now, Jennie doesn’t understand why Rosie made that choice.

 

Jennie stayed on the shore, watching as the sun gently bade farewell, taking another day without Rosie away. They say you never know what you have until it’s gone and for Jennie that’s now her reality.

 

~

 

“What are you two doing here?” Jennie asks, surprised to see Jisoo and Lisa both in their PJs setting the table at her condo.

 

“We didn’t want you to spend the night alone.” Jisoo smiles, “C’mon Jen, I cooked myself.” Lisa says proudly.

 

“Oh then maybe I should order pizza.” Jennie teases, trying to show her friends that this date doesn’t bother her.

 

“I’m hurt Jen.” Lisa dramatically puts a hand to her chest, “I have you know that my cooking skills far surpasses Ro…anyone in this room.” Lisa chuckles awkwardly after that save.

 

“Did you bring alcohol?” Jennie asks, trying so hard to keep that smile on her face.

 

“Just a bottle of merlot.” Jisoo replies, “But maybe we’ll need 2, I can go buy another bottle.”

 

“Might want to buy a crate Babe.” Lisa whispers under her breath.

 

“It’s fine Chu, I have some. Let me wash up.”

 

“Go for it. We’ll keep the food on the stove so we can warm it up a bit.”

 

“Thanks.” Jennie nods, disappearing down the hall and into her room.

 

“It’s still bad right?” Lisa asks softly, watching as her fiance’s eyes are still locked on the direction towards Jennie’s room, “It’ll take time, but she’ll be okay.” She says with a soft smile, holding Jisoo’s hand, giving it a comforting squeeze, “So don’t worry too much.”

 

“I know she will..but I also know Rosie enough to know that something must’ve happened before the wedding for her to just leave like that…I mean it’s Rosie, she may have never admitted it out loud but well knew how she felt about Jen. So for her to just up and leave without saying anything to her family, to you, and especially to Jen..it just..there’s more to it.”

 

“And add to the fact that their families are incredibly influential with a lot of connections..if they wanted to find Rosie, they would have already found her.” Lisa frowns.

 

“So either something did happen and is being covered up…or..”

 

“She doesn’t want to be found.” Jennie returns, wiping her hair with a towel, catching the two off guard.

 

“But why.” Lisa couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Lis.”

 

“Never mind, don’t answer that Jen…I’ll go grab dinner. I made pad thai.”

 

“She told me so.” Jennie replies, stopping Lisa dead in her tracks.

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s eat first? I’ll grab more drinks.”

 

“Uh sure.” Lisa and Jisoo look at each other, both knowing it’ll be a long night. But both are relieved because finally, Jennie’s opening up about what happened.

 

~

 

“What do you mean by she told you?” Jisoo opens up the topic after they all finished eating, all three nursing their third drink of the night.

 

“I saw it…” Jennie says with a soft hum, finger tracing the rim of her wine glass, “Rosie’s loving stare.” She shrugs, downing her glass.

 

“We’ll figure it out Jen, after all,” The blonde pauses, “We’ve got a lifetime together ahead of us.” She smiles.

 

And in that moment, under the full moon, Jennie saw it, Rosie’s loving stare.

 

“Rosie you..”

 

“Let’s get some sleep Jen.” Rosie smiles, patting Jennie’s head lightly, “Goodnight.” She walks away, not giving Jennie another glance.

 

“What just happened?” Jennie frowns, “Rosie…to me??? It can’t be right? I mean, it’s Rosie..she would..I..Okay calm down Jennie..let’s just talk it out with her tomorrow..I could have seen wrong.”

 

~

 

“You are uncharacteristically up early.” Jennie looks at Rosie cooking in the kitchen at 7am, thoughts of asking the blonde girl about that moment from last night out the window.

 

“Well good morning to you too Nini.” Rosie chuckles softly at her confused best friend.

 

“Good morning.” Jennie returns the greeting, “Now tell me what you did Roseanne.” She glares.

 

“Now why do you automatically assume that I did something hmm?” Rosie shakes her head, grabbing the two plates and setting them on the table, “Because you only call me Nini when you do something or when we’ll both get in trouble somehow.” Jennie replies, taking the seat in front of Rosie.

 

“That was when we were kids..do you prefer Jen over Nini?” Rosie asks, focused on preparing pour over drip coffee.

 

“I don’t mind either.”

 

“Well that’s no fun..how can I tease you if you don’t care?” Rosie chuckles, finally looking at Jennie.

 

“Exactly why I don’t care. I knew you’d use one to tease me.” Jennie shakes her head, taking a bite of the eggs benedict Rosie made for them.

 

“But you know Nini..I have another nickname I really want to call you..can I?” Rosie asks, her voice going soft.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie sighs, “What’s going on?” She puts her utensils down.

 

“Nothing, can’t I be a good best friend to my lovely fiance?” Rosie asks, still eating.

 

“Roseanne.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Fine.” Jennie takes a breath, “Do what you want.” She picks up her utensils and begins to eat again.

 

~

 

The week passes by and Jennie still hasn’t had a chance to talk to Rosie about her feelings. But if anything, the way Rosie has been acting all week – cooking breakfast, bringing her lunch when she has time, having dinner together, bringing her flowers, leaving cute little notes, going on late night drives – has somewhat confirmed her suspicion..Rosie is in-love with her..and Jennie really isn’t sure how she feels about it and about Rosie.

 

It would be a lie to say that Jennis isn’t falling for Rosie..I mean it’s Rosie, her best friend. The person who knows her better than anyone else, but it’s also because it is Rosie that makes it so scary. Jennie knows how Rosie can be..and it’s confusing Jennie because Rosie could very well be doing all this just because the two are about to get married. You know what they say….when in Rome, do as the Romans do..and if Rosie’s trying to be the perfect partner for Jennie because they’re being forced together..then Jennie doesn’t want it.

 

Now, if you ask Jennie if she sincerely wants Rosie’s heart..well…maybe, but she still only has half a heart to give…the other half is still with her and Jennie still hasn’t taken it back.

 

“Nini~ Let’s go home?” Rosie cutely pops her head inside Jennie’s office, a wide smile on her face.

 

“Is it time already?” Jennie looks at her desk clock, 5PM, “Rosie, it’s only 5PM.”

 

“I know..but it’s almost the big day..wouldn’t want you to have dark circles on your own wedding day.”

 

“Did you forget it’s your wedding day too?” Jennie shakes her head, smiling at her best friend.

 

“Of course not, but we both know..all eyes would be on you..I’ll just be the lucky .” Rosie laughs.

 

“Shut up Rosie…stop being a tease, you’ll look beautiful..I know it.” Jennie looks away, feeling her heats cheek up, something that’s become more and more the norm.

 

“I know I will…but in my eyes…” Rosie stops, shaking her head instead, “C’mon let’s go? I had dinner made already..and then maybe we can just hang out at home? Maybe watch that one dating show you were talking about.”

 

“Alright.” Jennie agrees, deciding to get to the bottom of things with Rosie tonight..because in 2 days they’ll be married..and Jennie needs to know if Rosie is sincere or if she’s doing this because they’ll be married.

 

~

 

“What is it?” Rosie asks, sitting at the edge of Jennie’s bed. The evening was filled with Jennie trying to find the right time to bring up Rosie’s behaviour the past few days, but she could never find it.. Rosie was smiling so much and doing all these things..and Jennie enjoyed just being the way they have been with the occasional sweet smile or loving stare from the blonde that Jennie decided to ignore until they said goodnight..and God it shocked Jennie because she actually wanted to kiss Rosie right there and then.

 

“Rosie…” Jennie begins, looking away from the girl because that soft loving stare...it’s making her want it to be real so bad that she knows she’ll be heartbroken if the blonde girl says otherwise, “Why?”

 

“Did I overstep?” Rosie asks rather than answer Jennie’s question.

 

“What?” Jennie looks at Rosie with a frown, “What do you mean by overstep?”

 

“I don’t know….maybe somehow you don’t want me to be this version of myself.”

 

“What do you mean by this version of you?”

 

“I know you know Jennie. And I also know that you're confused if I’m being sincere or if I’m doing this because I have to as your wife.” Rosie looks at Jennie, her eyes expressing so many different emotions..but one emotion stands out from the rest…Rosie’s loving stare.

 

Jennie opens to say something but nothing comes out..

 

“I’m not asking you to look at me the same.” Rosie begins, “Or feel as strongly about me as I do towards you..I don’t want you to force yourself to open your heart to me, when we both know that your heart is still with another.”

 

“Rosie..I..with you…it’s..”

 

“Jennie.” Rosie interrupts, “The me that you’ve always known, the me that I’ve been showing you..they’re all the real me.. Lisa was right…I only show my best self to you.” The blonde girl cups Jennie’s cheek, softly caressing her cheek with the pad of her thumb, “You’ve got the best of me Jen, just you.”

 

“I do?” Jennie asks, this conversation suddenly got very heavy..and a part of her knows there’s something more.

 

“Of course.” Rosie smiles softly.

 

“But?”

 

“No buts…now get some rest..” Rosie stands up, tucking Jennie in, “Goodnight Nini.” Rosie hesitates for a moment, before leaning down, gingerly placing a goodnight kiss on Jennie’s forehead.

 

“Next day, I woke up..hoping I could tell her how I was starting to feel, but she was already gone. She made me breakfast and had a note that read ‘I made you breakfast..I’ll be back. I promise.’”

 

“So you know your feelings now?” Lisa asks after listening to Jennie.

 

“I do, of course.” Jennie smiles, playing with her necklace that holds two wedding bands.

 

“You know where she is don’t you?” Jisoo eyes Jennie carefully.

 

“I did.” Jennie admits, “But when I got there..she was gone.”

 

“Did you stop looking?”

 

“Of course not…but it’s clear that she doesn’t want to be found right now. So I’m giving her that.”

 

“Sometimes I hate how smart Rosie is. If there’s anyone on earth capable of just disappearing without a trace it’s your girl Jen.” Jisoo shakes her head, downing her 4th glass.

 

“So wait..you knew where Rosie was..but then she was gone by the time you got to wherever that is..and since then you have no idea where she is…or if she’s safe?” Lisa looks at Jennie.

 

“What do you mean by ‘if she’s safe’?” Jennie seems to have sobered up.

 

“Lisa?” Jisoo looks at her fiance with a raised brow, “Explain.”

 

“Alright well at the beginning of the year I got a call from some hospital in Osaka…a nurse calling about a patient…”

 

“Okay but it could have been a prank call.”

 

“Also, why you and not me.” Jennie adds.

 

“Yeah I thought so at first and yes why was it me that was called but…it was late at night and I was tired..so I don’t know if it was in my dream or from the call…but I heard her voice…So please tell me, you didn’t follow Rosie to Japan…”

 

“She wasn’t in Japan..” Jennie says.

 

“Oh thank god.”

 

“But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t her…I lost track of her at the beginning of this year..”

 

“.” Lisa pulls her phone out hoping that her call log can go back that far.

 

“Jen, where are you going?” Jisoo asks, watching as Jennie grabs her phone heading towards the front door, “Japan.”

 

“What? Wait. wait.” Jisoo just barely catches Jennie by the waist, stopping her from leaving.

 

“She’s hurt Chu…Rosie is hurt somewhere…I have to find her.”

 

“And you will just.. Calm down.”

 

“How can you tell me to calm down?!”

 

“Jennie, you’re drunk right now okay. Let’s just all get some sleep tonight and tomorrow..I promise you, we’ll figure it out.”

 

“But Jisoo.”

 

“Trust me okay Jen…you know Rosie..she always keeps her promises.”

 

“Lisa..find that hospital.” Jisoo orders, leading Jennie to her room.

 

~ ~

 

“Yes I understand..but…fine…” Jennie hangs up her phone, clearly pissed off.

 

“What’d your lawyers say?”

 

“Same thing..it’ll take time..they have to contact law enforcement and the embassy in Japan.”

 

“Did Lisa find the number?”

 

“She’s on the phone with SKT right now.” Jisoo replies.

“Okay.” Jennie nods.

 

“I got my call log.” Lisa joins them on the couch, “They’ll email me a co..” The tall girl was interrupted by Jennie’s doorbell.

 

“Who’s that?” The three look at each other.

 

“Yes?” Jennie answers the intercom, Lisa and Jisoo looking from behind her.

 

“Is this Jennie Kim’s residence?” A woman with long black hair asked in english.

 

“How’d you get in the building?”

 

“My name is….” The woman is pushed out of the frame by someone they all recognize.

 

“Oi Jennie Kim it’s me Sana, open the door there’s something you need to know.”

 

“Satang, that's not how we should do this.”

 

“Well she’s being clingy again.” The two were arguing in Kansai-ben, which Jennie could only somewhat understand.

 

“Are you two do…”

 

“Yah Roseanne, get off my Mitang!” Sana yells and the three girls catch the name, quickly they rush towards the front door.

 

“She likes me more ha!” Rosie sticks her tongue out like a child.

 

“You..” Sana breathes loudly through her nose while Mina smiles at the three strangers in front of her awkwardly.

 

“Rosie?” They call out to the now dark brown haired girl.

 

“Uh Hey guys.” She looks at them with a wide smile as if she didn’t just up and leave two years ago.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What in the kdrama?”

 

“I...” Jennie pinches the bridge of her nose, “You three come in first.”

 

“Thanks.” Sana smiles, dragging the two inside with her.

 

“So..” Jennie eyes Rosie clinging onto the dark haired girl, “Explain.” She turns to Sana.

 

“Long story short, your fiance here got in an accident..lost some of her memories..so here we are.”

 

“Fiance?” Rosie stands, hands on her hips, “Who? Me?” She points to herself and then at Jennie, “To Nini?!”

 

“How much did she lose?” Jennie ignores Rosie, who pouts, going to Mina to complain about being ignored. Irking both Jennie and Sana, which Lisa and Jisoo both catch.

 

“Well since it’s been so long…let me borrow my old pal Rosie here.” Lisa takes it upon herself to get Rosie out of there, leaving Jennie, Jisoo, Mina, and Sana in the living room.

 

“Mina, do you want to start?” Sana turns to Mina, speaking in English so everyone can understand.

 

“Right so…the patient, Roseanne, was brought to the hospital after a motorcycle accident. She was on the…”

 

“I don’t want to hear that part..just..” Jennie takes another moment, “What memories has she lost.”

 

“She lost quite a bit, but she’s also been recollecting a lot. At first there was nothing..she was like a newborn.” Mina begins to explain.

 

“Do you know your name?” Mina asks in Japanese as her unknown patient woke up, but the girl just blinked, “Do you know your name?” Mina asks again but in English and the girl frowns a bit before shaking her head no.

 

“Do you know what this place is?”

 

“A hospital.”

 

“Yes that’s correct.” Mina smiles.

 

“What happened?”

 

“You were in a motorcycle accident. You hit your head pretty hard and had other major injuries too.”

 

“What hospital is this?”

 

“Osaka National Hospital in Japan.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Do you know where you’re from?”

 

“No..I..don’t remember…Why can’t I remember anything?”

 

“Like I said you hit your head pretty hard…we’ll run a few scans.”

 

~ ~

 

A few weeks have passed and Rosie still doesn’t remember much…well except her name. Something she remembered after going out to the garden.

 

“So how are you today Rosie?” Her therapist asks. Mina suggested seeing a therapist after Rosie insisted she wanted to get her memories back.

 

“Minari and I had lunch at the hospital today…since it’s just my memories that need help..I might have to leave the hospital soon..but she offered to help me find a place to stay..I’ve also been studying my Japanese more.”

 

“I see…so are you planning on staying in Japan for good? Didn’t you say that you and Dr. Myoui had contacted a few embassies.”

 

“With my memory the way it is…I’d rather stay here. Just for a bit at least..I’d like to know who I was..and am..”

 

“Well has anything else come back since our last session? Last time you said you had blurry images of the past.”

 

“No..but I do remember a name.”

 

“What name?”

 

“Nini.”

 

~ ~

 

More time passes and Rosie remembers more and more..faces, but it wasn’t until 5 months after waking did Rosie finally get a clue of who she is, but not through her own memories.

 

“Minari-chan~ I’m here~” Rosie says in a sing-song voice, smiling at the nurses who already know how attached the tall brunette is to a certain doctor.

 

“Rosie hey.” Mina smiles, “Did you finish up with Sakura?”

 

“I did.” Rosie nods, “Are you almost about to go to lunch?”

 

“I’m actually about to head home.”

 

“Really? Then let’s go out to eat, my treat. I started dog sitting for Momo.”

 

“You should save your money Rosie…I’ll treat you instead.” Mina smiles, patting Rosie’s head lightly.

“Oooh is this a date then?” Rosie teases.

 

“Don’t push it.”

 

“Tsk tsk always playing hard to get.” The taller girl pouts.

 

“I told you we can’t be nothing more than friends.”

 

“I know, but you know I find it fun to tease you.”

 

“I–..maybe you should stop hanging around Momoring.”

 

“Your fault for making her keep an eye on me.”

 

“Hai hai…so what do you want to eat?”

 

“Yakiniku? Udon? Hmm..” Rosie ponders, “Ah! I know.” The girl smirks and Mina worries for her wallet.

 

“Sashimi at Momo’s.”

 

“Of course you would choose that.” Mina shakes her head, “Fine, I’ll call her.”

 

“Nice! Thank you Minari-chan~” Rosie clings onto the young doctor practically dragging her to the parking garage.

 

~

 

When the two got to Momo’s sushi restaurant, the place was busy. Line out the door. But Momo’s friends always eat inside a private room the girl purposely made for them.

 

“The usual for you guys?” Momo asks, handing the two a menu out of habit.

 

“Yep!” Rosie smiles, still looking through the menu even though she already knows what she wants.

 

“Okay, I’ll get on it..oh by the way Mitang.” Momo switches to Japanese, “Satang is here.”

 

“What do you mean by here?” Mina ignores Rosie’s questioning eyes.

 

“I mean…she’s also coming here to eat.”

 

“Eh?” Mina gets up from her seat.

 

“Mitang..you can’t keep avoiding her forever you know.”

 

“Well I’ve been doing a pretty good job haven’t I?”

 

“Mina.” Momo looks at her best friend, “Why won’t you just give it a shot?”

 

“She’s from a place too far out of my reach Momoring…but I’m willing to be her friend.”

 

“Did you guys forget that I’m here or?” Rosie finally speaks up.

 

“Of course not…anyways she texted me that she’ll be here in 10..and she knows you’re here.” Momo gives Mina a ‘don’t even think of running away’ look before heading back to the kitchen.

 

“So do we have to be gone in 10 minutes?” Rosie asks when it was just the two of them again.

 

“No..let’s just eat..it’s fine.”

 

“Mina.”

 

“Rosie..it’s a long story.”

 

“Well you’ve got 10 minutes to tell me the abridged version.”

 

“It’s just complicated with Satang and I..you know how I am...and you’ve most likely seen her.”

 

“I have?”

 

“Well her face is practically plastered everywhere.”

 

“Is it?”

 

“Minatozaki Sana.”

 

“THE MODEL?!” Rosie practically jumps up from her seat.

 

“Yeah..that one.”

 

“Ah, is this the age old..more than friends but less than lovers? Who fell first, you or her?” The girl seats back down, fully invested.

 

“She comes from a very well off family..which obviously don’t want their daughter associating with the likes of me.”

 

“What do you mean by the likes of you? Have you not looked at a mirror, Myoui Mina-san? Cause not only are you gorgeous, but you are also incredibly intelligent and talented. The whole package.”

 

“I know what I’m capable of, but I don’t know…

 

“Did you confess? Did her family throw money at you to leave their daughter alone?”

 

“No of course not life isn’t always like in those dramas you know..it’s just at the time we both were too optimistic. She has her family stuff and modelling, while I was trying to finish med school and I just kinda realised that I’m not the person that can stand by her side confidently so I began to slowly distance myself and here we are..years down the road.”

 

“Oh jeez Minari.” Rosie reaches over flicking Mina’s forehead.

 

“Ahh hey that hurt!” Mina rubs her forehead.

 

“You are such a cliche, but anyways you should talk with her when she gets here.”

 

“I mean I kinda have to.”

 

“You know what I meant.” Rosie rolls her eyes.

 

After a few more minutes, the door slides open and a girl with shoulder length dark brown hair walks inside with Momo following behind.

 

“Roseanne?!” Sana says the second she locks eyes with the brunette.

 

“Is that your english name Minari?” Rosie looks at Mina who shakes her head.

 

“Then I..”

 

“What are you doing here Rosie? Wait wait…did something happen to you and Jen that’s why…”

 

“Sana.” Mina interrupts, finally facing Sana, “Do you know Rosie?”

 

“Know her? Of course I do…wait why are you both looking at me like I just grew a second head.”

 

“What else do you know about me?” Rosie asks.

 

“Uhh..” Sana looks at Mina even more confused, “Oh my goodness..does Jen know?”

 

“Who’s Jen, you’ve mentioned them a few times already?”

 

“Since you don’t know who that is, something is def up.” Sana sits next to Rosie.

 

“Well long story short, I was in an accident and lost my memories.” Rosie shrugs. She was about to ask Sana to tell her more but she noticed how the girl kept eyeing Mina who avoided her gaze like the plague.

 

“So I’m friends with Minatozaki Sana..and my name is Roseanne.”

 

“Yep..your last name is Park and..”

 

“Nope nope don’t tell me anything else.” Rosie interrupts.

 

“Eh but..” Sana speaks up looking at Mina.

 

“I agree with Rosie on this…telling her too much too soon might not be good for her.”

 

“But, if it’s okay with you Sana..can I get your number? So I can ask you questions and stuff.”

 

“Sure sure.”

 

“Cool! Now, let’s eat.” Rosie smiles.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Minari-chan~” Rosie hugs Mina from behind, surprising the shorter girl.

 

“Rosie, don't do that.” Mina scolds, surprised by the girl’s sudden appearance at the hospital.

 

“Hai hai.” Rosie nods, mood obviously very good.

 

“Did something good happen?” She looks at the girl who nods enthusiastically, “Mhm..so last night I had those like blurry visions again, but like this time they were clear..and I remember names..and did you know that I majored in business and art..but yeah I remembered more things..but I wasn’t sure so I called Sana and she confirmed it all!”

 

“That’s great Rosie!” Mina hugs the girl, happy that she’s finally finding herself again.

 

“See I told you to just be patient.”

 

“I hate how you're all knowing..anyways, since I remembered..I was thinking it’s time for me to go back home to Korea.”

 

“Oh.” Mina blinks a few times, “Yeah..I guess it is time for you to go home..”

 

“Aww are you sad that I’m going to leave? You gonna miss me?”

 

“I will. I’ll miss you.” Mina replies honestly.

 

“Ahhh Minari, that's a foul.” Rosie looks away, “You can’t say stuff that’ll make me all flustered. Jeez now I understand what Sana means. You are dangerous.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“And you don’t even know it.” Rosie shakes her head.

 

“Okay…so when do you fly out? Did you contact your family?”

 

“Right..well you see..I’m still like highkey terrified..especially of Jennie, my best friend.”

 

“I’m sure things will be fine, what did your parents say? I’m sure they..”

 

“I haven’t reached out to them yet…and according to Sana they haven’t really been looking for me..I guess I went off the grid for some reason because there was nothing in the news about my accident.”

 

“Hmm I see…so what do you plan on doing? Do you want me to go with you to Korea or something?” Mina jokes.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Eh? Nani?”

 

“Can you come to Korea with me..”

 

“Rosie..I can’t just leave the hospital.”

 

“Yes you can, you never take time off. Look it’s just for a bit..just to help me settle. Everyone there I know only from my memories but it’ll still be awkward and weird y'know..they probably have questions and I won’t have the answer.”

 

“Alright fine..but I gotta let Sana know.”

 

“Tell her she can’t come.”

 

“You tell her that.”

 

“Nevermind.”

 

~

 

“She has most of her memories, but not all. There are still gaps.”

 

“What did her parents say?” Jisoo asks.

 

“She wanted to see you first.” Sana replies looking at Jennie.

 

“Right..but she clings to her like a koala.” Jennie points to Mina.

 

“You’re telling me.” Sana rolls her eyes, “Anyways, Mina and I will be in town for a bit, because Rosie apparently was too scared to come alone.”

 

“Is there any medications or anything that she’s taking?” Jennie talks to Mina with a softer tone this time.

 

“All her other injuries have healed, but she was seeing a therapist in Japan.Ask her if she wants to continue those online or see a different one here. She’ll get occasional headaches sometimes..and if she does she can take an advil or tylenol, but Rosie already knows all this so she should have some in her purse.”

 

“Right, okay.”

 

“If there’s anything else I can do to help, here’s my card.” Mina smiles which Jennie returns, “Anyways, Sana and I should go.” The two move towards the front door.

 

“Aren’t you going to tell Rosie you’re leaving?” Jisoo asks, while Jennie has already gone towards the guest room to check on Rosie.

 

“I would, but when it comes to new…” Mina was interrupted by a body slamming into her, “You were just gonna leave?” Rosie asks, removing her grip and holding onto Mina’s hand tightly, looking like a lost child.

 

“Rosie…you said that you’ll be fine alone with your friends.”

 

“I know..but but..” Rosie whines like a child.

 

“They know what happened, so don’t be scared. Besides, you said you wanted to go home to Jennie.” Mina pats Rosie’s head, “Sana and I will be at the hotel…if you need me you can call.”

 

“Okay..but I can still stay with you guys right?”

 

“Of course, if you need to…now..” Mina pulls her hand away, which Sana quickly grabs, “We’ll be going.”

 

“I’ll walk you two down.” Jennie says, “Rosie, why don’t you go sit on the couch..I’ll be back.”

 

“Okay.” The girl follows obediently.

 

~

 

“What was that?” Jennie asks after the three get inside the elevator.

 

“New places and people still make her anxious..and when she gets anxious she gets clingier.”

 

“Will it stop?”

 

“I think it’s only because she’s still trying to remember, but also because she likes getting a rise out of this one.” Mina chuckles, while pointing at Sana.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Even with her memories wiped, she can still be insufferable.” Jennie rolls her eyes, but there’s a small smile on her face.

 

“Jen,” Sana speaks up, “When Rosie decided to come home it was because of you..she called me and told me about her best friend, Jennie, and how she suddenly began remembering all these things about you..that she had this urge to see you in person. Of course she then began to remember Jisoo and Lisa too, but really you were her trigger. Because trust me when I tell you that I wanted to ship her back to you as soon as possible.”

 

“Satang.” Mina scolds.

 

“I’m kidding…I know that Rosie needs your help Darling.”

 

“So you two…” Jennie motions at them.

 

“Yep.” Sana nods, hugging Mina tightly.

 

“So she’s the med student/doctor you’ve been pining for.” Jennie decides to tease, looking at Mina from head to toe, “She’s hot.”

 

“Shut it.” Sana rolls her eyes, the elevator door opening to the lobby of Jennie’s building.

 

“You don’t have to walk us to the parking garage. We’ll be okay. I’m sure you're itching to get back up to Rosie.” Sana smirks.

 

“Yeah well…it’s been 2 years..”

 

“Another story for a different day?” Sana asks, noticing the shift in Jennie’s tone.

 

“Definitely.”

 

“It was nice to meet you Jennie.” Mina holds a hand out which Jennie takes, shaking it, “Same here..and thank you, for saving my Rosie.”

 

“Of course.” Mina smiles.

 

~

 

“Jen.” Jisoo meets Jennie at the door as soon as she hears it open, “Are you okay?” She asks, knowing that this Jennie right now is nothing more than a facade.

 

“I don’t know..” Jennie admits, letting the mask drop, “I’m happy that she’s here, but she’s also not here…it’s like she’s Rosie but she’s also not..and then there’s the accident, like what caused it? Why would Rosie…” Jennie trails off, “I just have so many questions.”

 

“I know..but she’s safe, isn’t that the most important thing here?”

 

“It is…”

 

“Jennie.” Jisoo pulls Jennie into her arms, knowing what else is weighing on Jennie’s mind, “She’s still Rosie..and the fact that she came here before her parents house must mean something…just take it easy.”

 

“I know.” Jennie holds Jisoo tighter.

 

“C’mon, she’s with Lisa right now..and I’m worried what my dork would do to your dork.” Jisoo relaxes the heavy atmosphere.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

a/n: It was supposed to be a quick 1 chapter sequel, but here we are..there will be one more chapter.

 

Sorry for the wait.

 

Till next time~