Bucket List

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Jennie-

 

“For you.” Rosie hands me a single Daisy.

 

“Thank you.” I smile, placing the flower in a small vase. I don’t want it to wilt right away.

 

“So you ready?” Rosie asks, her hand extended out for me to take. I stare at her hand for a moment...remembering all the times she’s held it out for me. All those times...one by one..from the beginning.

 

“Jen?” She pulls me out of my thoughts.

 

“Yeah.” I placed my hand in hers, and she intertwined our fingers together. Giving my hand a gentle squeeze. She knows..of course she would..She knows me best after all.

 

This is going to be harder than I thought.

 

“So..should we start off with breakfast?”

 

“Yeah let’s go to our usual..it’s been a while.” I wrap my free hand around the one that’s holding mine.

 

“Okay.” She pats my head with her free hand.

 

~ ~

 

“Do you remember when we first met?” Rosie asks, a reminiscent smile on her face.

 

“Of course..it was quite memorable.” I laugh remembering that day. Trying to ignore that feeling. Goodness...why did I ask for this..why did I….

 

“HEY WATCH OUT!!” I hear a yell above me, but before I can react I’m suddenly drenched from head to toe in pink paint.

 

“YAAHHH! YOU!!! GET DOWN HERE!” I was livid. My day was already bad and this just had to be the icing on the cake.

 

“I’M SO SORRY! I’LL BE RIGHT DOWN!”

 

“Goodness, do you remember how long we had to wash my hair? I really thought I had to shave it all.” I pout.

 

“How can I forget? My water bill was through the roof that month.”

 

“Well whose fault was that?”

 

“Alright alright it’s mine. I thought we'd already established that.” Rosie laughs, and I couldn’t help but laugh along, memorizing the sound of our laughter together.

 

The first time we met...it really was memorable. Who would have thought it would have led us to something more.

 

“Well look at you two having so much fun, either you’ve known each other forever or you just met..” The waitress finally comes to the table with our meal.

 

“Hmm not forever, but it sure feels like it.” I try not to sound bitter, so I play it off with a light chuckle.

 

“Ah I see..well I have the waffles and a side of avocado toast for you.” The waitress places my meal down, “And the eggs benedict with a side of hashbrowns for you.” She places Rosie’s meal down.

 

“You two let me know if you need anything else okay?”

 

“Thank you.” Rosie and I speak together.

 

~

 

“So what did you have in mind for today.” Rosie asks me, while we wait for the bill to come.

 

“Honestly? I don’t know..”

 

“Oh..” Rosie nods, “How about we go on a little trip.” she suggests, with a light glint in her eyes.

 

“Where?” I raise a questioning brow.

 

“Just a roadtrip..hmm how about we go to Disneyland?”

 

“Wait really? But LA is like a 4 hour drive from here.” I frown, worried about her having to drive us there and back.

 

“That’s okay. You know I like driving you around.”

 

“Okay let’s do it!” I agree...I mean who in their right mind would say no to a Disneyland date.

 

~ ~

 

“What is this?” I ask as a certain song from my childhood begins to play in the car.

 

“You know the words “once upon a time”/make you listen, there’s a reason.” Rosie ignores my question and begins to sing along instead.

 

“When you dream there’s a chance...c’mon Jen I know you love Disney sing-alongs.” Rosie urges me on.

 

“Happy ever after..” I begin to sing along.

 

“Oh you are the music in me!”

 

“WHEN I HEAR MY FAVORITE SONG I KNOW THAT WE BELONG..OOHH YOU ARE THE MUSIC IN ME!” Rosie and I sing the chorus at the top of her lungs, not caring if we’re off key or not.

 

“Rosie sing this with me!” I excitedly say as the chorus is about to begin, “LOSING HIM WAS BLUE, LIKE I’D NEVER KNOWN/MISSING HIM WAS DARK GRAY, ALL ALONE/FORGETTING HIM WAS LIKE TRYING TO KNOW SOMEBODY YOU NEVER MET/BUT LOVING HIM WAS RED!!” Rosie and I sing and sing on the top of our lungs. To whatever song that comes on.

 

We were laughing freely, enjoying life, forgetting everything. It was just me and Rosie.

 

The 4 hour drive flew by faster than I’d like.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Jennie.” Rosie glares at me and I pout.

 

“C’mon Rosie please please.” I swing her hand, trying to get her to say yes.

 

“Fine you little dumpling.” Rosie playfully pinches my nose, “Let’s ride splash mountain one more time and then we eat okay?”

 

“Yay!” I cling onto Rosie dragging her back in line.

 

“Goodness...slow down, the ride won’t go anywhere.” Rose chuckles lightly, fixing the Minnie Mouse ears headband.

 

“Awww you guys are so cute. Couple goals!” Some teenagers squeal.

 

“Ah..actually we’re..”

 

“You guys enjoy the ride okay?” Rosie gives them a smile, “C’mon it’s our turn.” She drags me towards the lane the cast member was pointing at.

 

~

 

“Let’s go..we have time for one more ride before we leave.” Rosie tugs my hand and drags me towards California Adventures.

 

“The ferris wheel?”

 

“Hmm..it’s sunset. I thought we could watch it from there.” She gives me a soft smile, and I nod.

 

“Enjoy your ride.” The cast member smiles and let’s us in.

 

“Jen.” Rosie calls out to me after the door shuts behind us.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Doesn’t this remind you of our first kiss?”

 

“But it’s sunset..and we're not on top of a mountain.”

 

“Yeah, it is..can’t believe you let me kiss you on our second date after dragging me out so early in the morning.” Rosie acts annoyed.

 

“Please, you loved that date so much we do it each year on our anniversary.”

 

“Only because I got to finally kiss the girl.”

 

“Rosie look, it’s sunrise” I mention the obvious.

 

“Yes...it is.” I feel Rosie’s hand hold onto mine.

 

“It’s beautiful right?” I turn to her, squeezing her hand gently.

 

“Not as beautiful as you.”

 

“Omg that was so…” I shudder playfully, “Cringe.”

 

“But you like it.” Rosie leans down to match my eye-level.

 

“I..” I turn away, her deep gaze making me blush even more.

 

“Shut up, let’s just watch the sunrise.” I push her away lightly and she chuckles, holding by my wrist and pulling me towards her; however, she pulls me a little too much and my body collides with her.

 

“Oops, too strong.” She softly says, “But now that we’re here.” Rosie’s eyes glance at my lips every so often.

 

“If you want to kiss me..then do it.” I whisper and soon enough I feel her lips on mine.

 

“Jennie.” Rosie’s voice was soft, pulling me out of my thoughts.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Nothing..look the sun’s almost down.” Rosie points to the window.

 

“Wow…”

 

“I know.”

 

“Jen..” I feel Rosie’s hand over mine, turning my head, I come face to face with the same look Rosie had that first time we kissed, nervousness, Anxiousness..and a tad shy.

 

“If you want to kiss me...then do it.” I mirror my own words, but Rosie stares at me a little longer, her hesitation clear, “It’s okay.” I assure her and she slowly leans in until our lips finally touch and just it feels just like the first time.

 

~ ~

 

“Tired?” Rosie asks as we head towards the car.

 

“Hmm..” I think for a bit, “I’m actually more hungry.” I lean my head on her shoulder.

 

“Okay..let’s go.” She says so surely.

 

“Oh..Rosie Posie seems to have prepared something.” I teased.

 

“Yes and no….more of a backup plan.”

 

“Alright..let’s go then Love.” The nickname slips out of my mouth naturally, but Rosie doesn’t seem fazed.

 

“Hmm lets.” She pats my head.

 

~

 

“Pizza, strawberries, and canned wine..what a combination.” I comment seeing the food Rosie brought.

 

“Well...I didn’t really have a chance to prepare a more romantic meal...so..”

 

“I’m just kidding Rosie..the ambience makes up for it.” I pat the spot next to me on the blanket she laid on the beach.

 

“Thank goodness the sky is clear tonight.” Rosie comments as she finishes lighting the small bonfire.

 

I nod in agreement taking a bite out of my pizza.

 

“Good?” She asks and I nod my head, “Really good.” I mumble.

 

“Such a kid.” She wipes the side of my mouth.

 

“Do you remember our 1st year anniversary? You also planned a picnic right?”

 

“Of course I do..our first picnic was cancelled, but I still got my first dance with you.”

 

“Hmm...had my romantic movie moment.”


 

“Rosie! Get over here!” I yell over the rain. Our 1st year anniversary picnic she planned got ruined, but she still has that wide smile on her face.

 

“Jeez look you’re all soaked. I told you to just stuff it all back in the bag.” I scold her, using my handkerchief to wipe some of the rain from her face.

 

“It’s just a little rain Jen, I won’t die from it.”

 

“Yeah yeah..c’mon let’s just..”

 

“Rosie?” I look at her with a raised brow because she suddenly began to play Eric Claptopn’s Wonderful Tonight.

 

“Dance with me?” She asks and I let her guide me back out.

 

“I said my darling, you look wonderful tonight.” Rosie sings in my ear as we slow dance under the pouring rain.

 

“I love you.” The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them.

 

“I uhm..” I pull myself away from her arms. Cursing myself for the awkward situation we’re now in.

 

“Jennie.” Rosie pulls me back, “I love you too.” I knew...by the loving gaze on her face that she wasn’t lying, so I grabbed her by the collar, sealing our lips in a burning kiss. The rain was cold, but my body felt like it was on fire.

 

As Rosie and I stay under the rain, dancing to whatever song comes on her playlist, stealing kisses here and there..do I think to myself that maybe books, movies, tv shows weren’t wrong about falling in love in the rain.

 

“It was also the first time we said I love you to each other.”

 

“It was…” Rosie nods.

 

A silence fell over us for the first time today. The weight of what the next few hours will bring to us comes to my mind.

 

“Wait here.” Rosie suddenly gets up.

 

“But.” I hold onto the hem of her shirt.

 

“I need to grab something from the car. I’ll come back to you quickly.” She ruffles my head playfully and I let her go. Watching as her figure gets smaller..and trying not to lose all that’s left of my resolve.

 

The cracking of the burning wood, the light breeze of the seaside, and the full moon accompanied me while I waited for Rosie to come back to me.

 

Is this really right? ...this isn’t what I thought would happen to us. Maybe it’s me that needs to come back to her.

 

“Jennie? Are you okay?” I’m suddenly face to face with Rosie..and I swallow my tears away, “Yeah..I just got a bit scared because you were taking so long.”

 

“Silly..it was only for 5 minutes.” She let my lie go and I finally realized that she brought her guitar along.

 

“Singing around the campfire?” I ask.

 

“Something like that.” She gives me a soft smile.

 

“I’ve always found you super attractive when you play, you know.”

 

“That I know very much.” Rosie teases me, and I playfully push her away.

 

“So what are you going to play for me today.” I ask, while she tunes her guitar.

 

But she doesn’t answer, but I know by her silence, the deep breaths, and rapid blinking...that she’s trying her best to keep her composure as well.

 

“I’m sorry…” I whisper the words so softly, I know she didn’t hear.

 

“Ahem..uhm so..I just..you know what I’ll just play.” Rosie gives me a small smile and I nod.

 

She begins strumming and I don’t recognize the song at all.

 

And it's the simple things you do

I just can't get enough of you

It's that perfume that you wear

And the way you do your hair

That I love so much

And it's the simple things you say

And how in bed we play

It's the way you kiss my cheek

When you think that I'm asleep

I love it so much

 

Only after the first two verses do I finally understand.. When it finally hit me...Rosie, she wrote a song for me. And whatever composure I had left is out the window and I let my tears finally fall.

 

"I love you", words I never say

Friends make fun but I tell you every day

Anyway, lately you've been getting me home safely

Wake up, love the coffee that you make me

Ask me how my night was, I like us, it's so easy

And we don't ever fight 'cause

You don't blow up my phone when you're home alone

Assuming that I'm doing what a guy does


 

“You and Roseanne I swear..even people in a relationship feel single around you two.” Jisoo teases me, as I watch Rosie by the counter waiting for our drinks.

 

“Shut it Chu..she’s just so..” I try to express the way I feel for my Rosie, but words aren’t enough.

 

~

 

“Love? Rosie? Wake up..I made us breakfast, with my special coffee you’ve been craving.” I whisper, planting soft kisses on Rosies face to get her up faster.

 

“Hmm.” She opens her eyes, “Hi..Good morning.” She steals a kiss, “I love you.”

“So cheesy in the morning. Get up.” I ran away, trying to hide my blushing face.

 

~

 

“So..how was your night?” I facetime Rosie, who looks like she’s seconds away from falling asleep on call.

 

“It was lonely without you.” She yawns.

 

“I’ll be home soon.” I assure her and she nods.

 

“I know...I just miss you.”

 

“Me too Love.”


 

Trust, with just the right amount of lust

Even loved by my family, that's a must and fun

Everything we do me and you

My song comes on and you dance and sing too

With the windows down like G's

We don't care who's around or who sees

And everyone is jealous of my ride

Because you're sitting in the passenger side


 

“Who was that?” I look at Rosie with a frown on my face.

 

“Who was what?” She asks, taking my hand in hers.

 

“That brunette just now. Over there.” I motion behind her with a nod of my head.

 

“Ahh..you mean Yuna.”

 

“Yuna huh. She’s pretty..tall too.” I observe.

 

“Mhm..”

 

“Roseanne!” I pinch her side, “You aren’t supposed to agree I whine.

 

“Oh.” Rosie looks at me for a second before saying, “I don’t think she’s pretty and she’s not that tall..don’t see what Ryujinnie sees in her.” Rosie says with a straight face.

 

“Wait Ryujinnie? Like your twin Ryujin?”

 

“Mhm..that’s her girlfriend..remember you met her once?”

 

“Oh..right.”

 

“Love..you know I only have eyes for you..even though you mad cute when jealous.”

 

“I wasn’t jealous.” I deny.

 

“Mhm.” Rosie steals a kiss.

 

~

 

“Rosie, roll my window up please..my hair.”

 

“No way.”

 

“Whyyy...you always do this, drive with the windows down.”

 

“Of course..it’s my way of showing off.”

 

“People can tell you have a nice car even with the windows up love.”

 

“It’s not just the car babe.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I want people to be jealous not because of the car, but because it’s you in my passenger side.” Rosie briefly turns to me and gives me her version of a wink, which is just her blinking, “Tch..cheesy.” I look away, trying to contain the butterflies in my stomach.


 

It's the simple things you do

I just can't get enough of you

It's that perfume that you wear

And the way you do your hair

That I love so much

And it's the simple things you say

And how in bed we play

It's the way you kiss my cheek

When you think that I'm asleep

I love it so much

 

Everyday scrubbing it, loving it

Cruisin' freeways in our PJs 'cause that's the fun of it

Unless, you wear that pretty black dress, oh yes

Catch me in a suit so I can look as good as you but I don't

Oh well, with that smile that you wear so well

And the way that you cry in movies

Pass you the ball and you pass it back to me

Beers with the girls ain't nothing

It's your eyes and the simple things

That make this work like it should

When you rock my shirt, oh you look so good

So take my hand and stay as long as you can

With the man that tells all the jokes only you understand

And I promise to be honest if you promise to accomplish love

 

“Baby, you light up my world like nobody else/ The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed/ But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell/ You don't know, oh-oh/ You don't know you're beautiful” Rosie and I sing on the top of our lungs, dancing around crazily in our pjs at 2am, probably disturbing my neighbors, but who cares right?

 

~

 

“Love, our reservation is at...wow.” Rosie gawks at me and I smirk, “Like what you see?” I saunter over to her and she nods her head like an obedient child, “Very, maybe I should go change so I can be even half as beautiful as you are.”

 

“Oh jeez you and that sweet mouth. You look beautiful as well my Rosie.” I peck her cheek, “Now let’s go. I don’t want to be late for our dinner.”

 

~

 

“This move I--..why did we watch something so sad?” I cry in Rosie’s arms.

 

“It’s okay Love...it’s just a movie.” Rosie gently my back, placing soft kisses on the top of my head, trying to calm me.

 

“Besides, Buzz and Woody will always be friends. I’m sure they’ll figure something out..didn’t they use the computer?”

 

“But but…”

 

“Hush now my little dumpling, it’s alright. Why don’t we go get you a Forky plushie?”

 

“Really?!” I lift my head up from Rosie’s shoulder, “Yes really.” She smiles, while wiping my tears.

 

~

 

“You guys drank way too much tonight love.” I shake my head as I try to get Rosie in bed.

 

“Hmm..you look like my girlfriend.” She slurs.

 

“Because I am your girlfriend, you drunkard.”

 

“But my girlfriend is prettier...no one can ever beat my Jennie Kim. I love her so much. Her little dumpling cheeks, and the gummy smile. She has the best smile you know.” Rosie begins to ramble, her drunk habit.

 

“Jennie...I miss her.” Rosie says in a soft voice, before shooting up from the bed, “I gotta go see her.”

 

“Baby. I’m right here.” I dash to stop Rosie, cupping her face.

 

“Jennie?” She looks at me. Blinking rapidly, like she’s making sure I’m real, “You’re here Love!” Rosie pulls me into a tight embrace, sighing contently, “I missed you. I haven’t seen you in like 4 hours.”

 

“I missed you too.” I return the hug just as tightly. Drunk Rosie is very cute as always.

 

~

 

“What?” I raise a brow at Rosie who’s eyes have been following me since we got out of bed this morning.

 

“Nothing.” She shakes her head, eyes still on me and not on the Netflix series she wanted to binge today.

 

“I don’t think so. You’ve been staring at me all morning.” I pause the show, turning my entire body to face her.

“I just love seeing you like this.”

 

“Huh?” I was confused.

 

“You in my shirts..actually you in my clothes in general. It just makes me feel things..I don’t know how to explain it but..just know that I love it.” Rosie gives me a shy smile.

 

~

 

“Ready to go?” Rosie asks with a hand out for me to take.

 

“Always.” I smile, placing my hand in hers.



 

And it's the simple things you do

I just can't get enough of you

It's that perfume that you wear

And the way you do your hair

That I love so much

And it's the simple things you say

And how in bed we play

It's the way you kiss my cheek

When you think that I'm asleep

I love it so much

 

“Jen…” Rosie pulls me into her arms, because at this point I’m a sobbing mess wanting to take everything back…wanting her back.

 

“I’m sorry. I just..I’m..” I pull away from Rosie, “It’s just..you wrote me a song.” I point out the obvious.

 

“I did.”

 

“It took you until we broke up to write a song for me.” I try to have a playful tone in my voice, but of course I fail.

 

“I..uhm..” Rosie looks up at the sky, but I already see her tears welling in her eyes as well, “This wasn’t the only song...I don’t know why I couldn’t share them with you..but with this date being our last..I just..I wanted to fulfill that for you too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Nothing..it’s already 3am..we should head back.” Rosie gets up, extending a hand out for me to take, “Let’s go?” She asks..and I want to say no..I want to stay here..with her..I want to take it all back, but of course I can’t. So I it up and place my hand in hers for what may be the last time, “Yeah.”

 

The ride back to the bay area was quiet, except for the soft music coming from the stereo. Rosie told me to sleep before we left, reclining my seat for me, and putting a blanket over my body. She’ll wake me when we arrive is what she says, but I know Rosie. She won’t wake me, she’ll just carry me up and leave. Goodbyes really aren’t her thing.

 

So I try to fight my sleep, but as we get closer and closer to home, my eyelids get heavier..and I find myself falling asleep as Rosie sings along to John Mayer’s Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.

 

~ ~

 

“Hey Jen.” I see Jisoo sitting on my couch comfortably, Kuma on her lap, “How was it?” She asks.

 

“Uhm..” I trail off, realizing that I didn’t even tell Rosie my goodbye, “It was..” I try again.

 

“Why don’t you wash your face first? You don’t look awake just yet.” Jisoo suggests and I nod. When I walked back inside my room, I noticed a folded piece of paper with a sticky note with my name stuck to the top.

 

“What’s…” Once again I lose my voice. I know what this is.


 

Bucket List 2 - Things I want to do with my lover:

  1. Road Trips while singing on the top of our lungs the whole time

  2. Dance in the rain.

  3. Kiss in the rain.

  4. Late night picnic on the beach

  5. Write a song for me.

  6. Kiss on top of the ferris wheel

  7. Watch the sunset on top of the ferris wheel.

  8. Watch the sunrise together.

  9. Disneyland Date

  10. Marry Rosie.


 

Hi Love (Sorry...I just..it’s a habit, you don’t know how hard I tried not to call you that today.)

 

Hi Jen,

 

First of all, I want to apologize for keeping this even after I found it, but in my defense I found it stuck in one of my books, so yeah...Funny how I saw it right after you asked me for our last date, double funny how Taylor Swift’s Last Kiss plays when I read this too.. Life is funny like that.

 

I cried when I read this list. Especially the last. I wanted to fulfill all those things with you somehow. We already had done 3 together..there were only 7 left..too bad I could only fulfill 6..even though I reall

 

I don’t really know what I’m writing now. Not sure if it makes sense. But I can’t seem to put this pen down. Maybe it’s because I just don’t want to leave you, but I know I have to. I know you’re right.

 

We had a good run right? You and me. Us. It was amazing. We were amazing and just like in that damn T. Swift song..I never imagined we’d end like this.

 

Maybe..someday...we’ll find our way back to each other...but if not...just know that I lo

 

I hope life gives you all the happiness and love you deserve.

 

Take care always.

 

-Rosie


 

~ ~ ~

A/n: This is based on a tiktok I saw about a couple going on a “last supper” together..it was supposed to be lighthearted somehow, but you know Rosie just had to sing that John Mayer song and here we are.

 

The bucket list thing was supposed to be part of Swings & Sunsets so now that’s gonna have to change..which I’m still trying to rack my brain over..soo..that’s why it’s taking a tad longer for an update….

 

Also the song Rosie "wrote" is The Simple Things by Michael Carreon.

 

Anyways...let me know what you think.

 

Till next time.

 

Ciao~