A Love So Beautiful (3)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-3 years later-

 

“Take me to Jen’s place..and leave the car with me.”

 

“Again? You know how I can’t get a cab there and uber is expensive.”

 

“I’ll reimburse you.”

 

“Will do boss. Enjoy your date with Ms. Jennie. I hope you guys build a wonderful family together.”

 

“Just keep quiet or I’ll take it back.” Doyeon smiles.

 

In front of Jennie’s condo, Doyeon leans on the hood of her car, calling Jennie.

 

“Are you off from work yet?”

 

“I didn’t work today, my boss isn’t at the office so I’m just watching Netflix at home.”

 

“Lisa asked me to help her pick out a ring for Chu, do you want to come?”

 

“No, let her pick whatever he wants. Chu’s not into those fancy things anyway.”

 

“How about you, what kind of ring do you want?”

 

“Big ones…Ah wait, I have another call.”

 

“Alright.” Doyeon chuckles and soon enough she sees Jennie running out of her condo in a rush.

 

“My dad…they took him to the hospital.”

 

“C’mon get in.”

 

~

 

“You head in first, I’ll park the car.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nods, her hands trembling.

 

Running inside Jennie looks left and right trying to find her family.

 

“You haven’t been back for that long but you’re already a deputy director…at this rate you’ll be the hospital director by next year. But what are you going to say at the committee meeting?”

 

“Hello? Hello? Earth to Dr. Park? What are you looking at?”

 

“Nothing.” Roseanne shakes her head, “C’mon let’s go before we’re late.

 

Inside the conference room, Dr. Lim was introducing Roseanne as the new deputy director when the girl abruptly stood up in her chair.

 

It was her..right? It had to be.

 

“I..excuse me. There’s an emergency.” She lies, the need to confirm what she saw far greater than the meeting.

 

Rushing out of the room, Roseanne runs around the direction she last saw her. There were more people at the hospital and it made it harder to find her.

 

“I know you’re here..where..where.” Roseanne looks around until her eyes finally catch her figure.

 

“Jennie…” Roseanne whispers to herself..after three years the person she missed the most was just a few feet away.

 

Feeling eyes on her, Jennie looks up from the sheet of paper in her hand and like in the movies, time slowed.

 

“Rosie..” Jennie found the, now blonde, girl right in front of her.

 

“Jen! How’s your dad!” Doyeon walks in, wrapping an arm around Jennie’s shoulder. Something Roseanne kept a lingering gaze on.

 

“He hurt his back and needs surgery, I just need to find the cashier’s desk so I can settle his insurance claim.”

 

“Long time no see.” She speaks up.

 

“Yeah, it has been a while.” Doyeon nods, while Jennie is still confused.

 

“Excuse me.” Doyeon stops a nurse walking by.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you point me towards the direction of the cashier’s office?”

 

“Su..wait aren’t you Kim Doyeon the sprinter?”

 

“Ah yes I am.”

 

“Can I get your autograph?”

 

“Can you show me to the cashier’s office first?”

 

“Please, my dad hurt his back and is waiting to go into surgery.”

 

“Oh well, that list is currently backed up..he’ll have to wait at least a week.” The nurse explains.

 

“Can’t you push it up further?”

 

“Yeah, can you do us this favor?”

 

“I’m sorry but that’s above my pay grade.”

 

Wordlessly, Roseanne leaves the two heading back towards the conference room.

 

“I need to talk to you.” Roseanne goes up to her friend from earlier.

 

“The boss says he’ll fire you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Tch how boring, you never fall for lies.”

 

“Suzy, can you do me a favor? My friend’s dad hurt his back and needs surgery.”

 

“Why should I help you? We don’t know each other that well.” Suzy says while playing on her phone.

 

“I’ll cover your shift for a week.”

 

“Because you're such a good friend..two weeks.” Suzy looks up from her phone.

 

“Deal.” Roseanne nods.

 

~

 

“What room number was it?”

 

“She didn’t include it in the text.”

 

Jisoo and Lisa walk around the hospital hand in hand, trying to find the room Mr. Kim is admitted to when they ran into an old friend.

 

“If it isn’t the great Dr. Park.” Lisa says with slight sarcasm.

 

“Long time no see.”

 

“You practically disappeared from the face of the planet.” Jisoo says.

“Just because you broke up with Jen…did that mean you had to break up with us too?!” Lisa asked, clearly upset.

 

“I thought it would be awkward if I kept in touch with you guys.”

 

“Why would it be awkward?”

 

“Yeah why, tell us.” Lisa was demanding.

 

“Aren’t they together now?”

 

“Who?” Lisa asks, confused.

 

“You think that Jen and Doyeon are together?”

 

“Aren’t they?”

 

“I’m not telling you. Let’s go Lis, I don’t want to see her face.” Jisoo pulls Lisa away, who turns back and yells out, “Now I hate you too!”

 

~ ~

 

“Get in. I’ll take you home.” Roseanne pulls up in front of Jennie.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll just catch a cab.”

 

“It’s late Jen..just let me?”

 

“No.” Jennie was adamant.

 

“I won’t leave until you come with me.” Roseanne was being stubborn, even as the cars behind her began to honk.

 

“Move it! You’re blocking traffic!” A driver yells out and Jennie knows that Roseanne is serious so she was left with no choice, “Fine.” She grumbles, about to ride in the backseat only to find it occupied with all kinds of things.

 

“Jen.” Roseanne calls out as she pulls to a stop at a redlight.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Seatbelt.”

 

“Ah right.” Jennie quickly puts her seatbelt on.

 

“What are you doing?” Jennie asks when Roseanne suddenly leaned over.

 

“There’s antacid tablets in the glove compartment..can you give me two pills please?”

“Sure.” Jennie does as asked, handing Roseanne the tablets, “Are you sick?” She couldn’t stop herself from asking.

 

“I didn’t have time to eat today, so my stomach hurts a bit.”

 

“That’s not good..you should have eaten something. Skipping your meals is bad.” Jennie scolds.

 

“Hmm.” Roseanne nods.

 

The two drive in silence for the rest of the ride, Roseanne stealing glances at Jennie every now and then.

 

“Here we are.”

 

“Thanks for the ride.”

 

“Yea..ah..” Roseanne grips her stomach, “No problem.” She smiles at Jennie, who finally lets the worry she’s been hiding out, “Do you wanna come up real quick? I can make you a quick sandwich and then you can go.”

 

“No no it’s fine really. I’ll be okay.”

 

“I insist.”

 

“My place is just a few minutes away.”

 

“Mine is a minute.”

 

“Alright.” Roseanne nods, hiding her own smile. She doesn’t mind the pain as long as Jennie is talking to her.

 

~

 

“Uhm so just make yourself comfortable..I’ll be back quick.” Jennie nods, as Roseanne looks around her place.

 

“Thanks.” The taller girl nods, taking a seat on the couch.

 

“No problem.”

 

In the kitchen Jennie tried her best to focus on making the sandwich and not so much on the fact she let Roseanne up..that she let her in.

 

“I’m just worried and she did get dad’s surgery moved up…It’s not like we can’t be friends.” Jennie talks to herself, “Yeah..friends..we can be friends..just like before..” Jennie sighs, because she knows they can’t be ‘just like before,’ not when she still feels that pull towards the now girl, “Why blonde?” Jennie groans, before finishing the final touches of the chicken sandwich that took longer than 10 minutes to make.

 

“Rosie.” She comes out, tray in hand, only to find Roseanne sleeping deeply on her couch. Jennie doesn't want to worry, she doesn’t want to care..but she can’t help it..not when it comes to her, “You must be really tired.” Jennie whispers, setting the tray carefully on the coffee table.

 

It was half a Disney movie later, when Roseanne finally stirred, “Are you up?”

 

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep. I..”

 

“It’s fine, just eat up.” Jennie interrupts, she decided earlier that she needs to keep the distance between them. She won’t let her in..she can’t..it’ll hurt too much if history repeated itself.

 

“Thanks again Jen.” Roseanne smiles and Jennie ignores the pounding of her heart.

 

“Sure..no problem.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Suzy..” Roseanne sighs, she was desperate for help.

 

“Hmm?” The girl doesn’t bother looking up from her phone screen.

 

“How do I know if someone still likes me?”

 

“Likes you…like as a friend?” The girl was still focused on her phone.

 

“More like an ex..” Roseanne elaborates, the word ‘ex’ leaving a bitter taste in .

 

“Still pining over your ex Dr. Park?” Suzy finally looks up from her phone, this was interesting..the cold hearted, emotionless Dr. Park was still hung up on her ex..Suzy almost teared up, “You are human.” She says dramatically.

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“I’m not sure I can help..I’m the type that if we dated and broke up that’s it. No second chances. I don’t take back trash after I’ve thrown it out.”

 

Roseanne stays silent, she didn’t think about that..What if that was their only chance? What if Jennie really has moved on…what if she’s with Doyeon…

 

“Seeing how quiet you are..I’m assuming you didn’t think about them moving on?” Suzy chuckles, “I just humbled you a bit right?”

 

“Shut up.” Roseanne sighs, “I..I was too stubborn, if I had just..”

“Okay Imma stop you right there.” Suzy interrupts, “There’s no point in you wallowing in the what-ifs. I’m assuming she broke up with you?”

 

“I just never ran after her.” Roseanne dodges the question.

 

“That’s a yes.”

 

“Suzy.”

 

“Look Rosie..this is my advice to you.” Suzy had a playful glint in her eyes, “The best way to see if she still has feelings is by making her jealous.”

 

“Jealous huh.” Roseanne nods, Jennie had always been the jealous type, “Thanks Suzy, I’ll try that.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

It’s our bachelorette tonight at XXII, it’s a club. You can come if you want. - Lisa

 

Roseanne smiles at the text from Lisa.

 

I’ll be there. -Roseanne (Traitor) Park

 

“LISA? WHAT DID YOU DO?!” Jisoo yells when she sees the notification from Lisa’s phone.

 

“It’ll be fine Chu. Remember she even had dinner at Jen’s place.”

 

“The girl was literally in pain because of hunger.”

 

“But she’s still our friend.”

 

“Is she?”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

“Fine. But she ghosts again..”

 

“Okay okay..let’s just go get ready hmm?” Lisa coaxes her soon to be wife.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“AYYY MY PARTY PEOPLE!” Lisa happily greets Jennie and Doyeon who just walked in.

 

“Why a club?” Jennie looks around, she never liked clubbing..but it did help get her mind off of things so she would go every now and then.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Cause we all know how you get at a club.”

 

“Yep won’t be surprised if Chu leaves you after tonight.”

 

“First of all, do you guys hate me that much? Second, I promised Chu I won’t drink too much.”

 

“Okay everyone it’s shot o’clock.” Jisoo comes out from behind Lisa with three shots.

 

“I promised her I won’t drink too much, because she wants to get wasted.” Lisa looks at Jisoo with heart eyes.

 

“Ah…well CHEERS CHU!” Doyeon yells and the trio take the shot straight.

 

“Yeah I needed that.” Jennie nods.

 

“You’ll want more after you see who my idiot invited.” Jisoo whispers in Jennie’s ears.

 

“Who?” Jennie asked, even though a part of her already knows that answer.

 

“ROSIE!” Lisa goes over and hugs the blonde who was dressed to impress. A cropped top that revealed her toned body, pants that hugged her hips just right, and to top it all off she let her hair down flowing like waves as she walked.

 

“Well .” Jennie whispers.

 

“Yeah.” Jisoo nods.

 

“Do you want to grab another drink?” Doyeon decided to pull Jennie out of there.

 

“Yeah, let’s go.” Jennie nods.

 

As the two leave, Jennie doesn’t see the way Roseanne’s eyes followed her.

 

“Thanks for the invite.” Roseanne peels her eyes away from the direction Jennie went off to.

 

“Look Rosie, we’re adults now. I think we can let bygones be bygones right?” Lisa says, swinging an arm around the girl’s shoulder, “You look really good tonight by the way.”

 

“Exactly. But ghost us like that one more time and I swear..”

 

“I won’t. I promise.” Roseanne smiles.

 

“Perfect…now let’s get drinks and get this party started for real!” Lisa yells only for Jisoo to pinch her ear, “Remember your promise or else.” She threatens.

 

~

 

“Who are you looking for?” Jisoo asks while Lisa got them more drinks.

 

“No one.” Roseanne says, turning over to look at her friend.

 

“That’s a lie.”

 

“I’m really not.”

 

“There’s Jen.” Jisoo points somewhere random, watching as Roseanne whipped her head towards the area Jisoo thought she broke her neck.

 

“Gotcha.” Jisoo chuckles.

 

“Where is she?” Roseanne finally asks.

 

“She and Doyeon went to grab drinks…not sure what’s taking them so long.”

 

“I already checked the bar though..” Roseanne mumbles.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing…I’ll go look for her.”

 

“I don’t think you should.” Jisoo stops her, “She’s with Doyeon, which means she’s safe. Doyeon won’t let anything hurt Jen.” Jisoo’s voice sounded more like a warning than a statement made in passing.

 

“Right.” Roseanne nods. The two sat in silence while the loud music played on.

 

“I’ll go check on Lisa…she’s taking way too long.” Jisoo gets up.

 

“I’ll..” Roseanne was about to offer help, when her eyes caught her.

 

“You’ll what?” Jisoo asks, but Roseanne doesn't hear her. All the blonde girl’s focus was on the brunette in the middle of the crowd dancing very closely to Doyeon. Roseanne didn’t like this, her fist was clenched so tightly her knuckles were as white as paper.

 

“Rosie?” Jisoo frowns and follows the girl’s line of sight.

 

Ahh..that’s why. Jisoo had to stop herself from laughing at the jealous blonde.

 

“I see you’ve found her.” Jisoo gently nudges Roseanne.

 

“Hmm.” Roseanne nods, eyebrows still furrowed.

 

“She’s really pretty right?” Jisoo sits back down, wanting to see just how far she can take this.

 

“Beautiful.” Roseanne’s eyes never leave Jennie.

 

“That’s why she’s so popular. After you, she matured quite a bit. And well Jen’s always been pretty but her breakup glow-up is no joke. I mean she was asked to model at that height!” Jisoo chuckles, mostly at the blonde who’s so obviously jealous.

 

“Plus it doesn’t help how endearing Jen is. People just gravitate towards her. Thank god Doyeon..” Jisoo was stunned when Roseanne suddenly got up.

 

“Wait where are you..oh hell nah.” Jisoo squints her eyes recognizing the other girl in the crowd with Jennie and Doyeon.

 

The two made their way quickly to the center.

 

“Lalisa, we’re going home now.” Jisoo pulls Lisa away from the crowd, who grabbed at Doyeon.

 

“Yah yah let me go.” Doyeon says, trying to peel Lisa’s vice grip from her arm.

 

“No, she won’t kill me if there’s a witness.” Lisa slurs, she clearly had more to drink than promised.

 

“I’ll help you get her home.” Doyeon says instead, “Kill her after.” She chuckles.

 

“How about Jen?”

 

“She’s in safe hands.” Doyeon nods, refusing to turn around.

 

The trio left, and Jennie was stuck with Roseanne.

 

“C’mon…I’ll take you home.”

 

“I think I’ll stay.”

 

“It’s dangerous for you to be here alone.”

 

“I’ve gone out alone before. I’m not a child.”

 

“Let’s just go. Please?”

 

“You can go.”

 

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

“It’s you who’s stubborn. Just leave, I don’t need you.”

 

“I won’t leave unless you come with me.”

 

“Hey hey, she says she doesn’t want to leave.” Some guy got in between the two.

 

“It’s time that I take my friend home so if you’ll excuse us.” Roseanne made a move to grab Jennie’s hand.

 

“No can do. Lady wants to stay and party..why don’t you leave. I’m sure I can take very good care of her.” the guy smirks.

 

“Let’s just go.” Jennie grabs Roseanne’s hand and drags her out before any blood is shed.

 

Once out of the club, Jennie immediately let go of the taller girl’s hand.

 

“My car is this way.”

 

“I’ll just grab a taxi.”

 

“Jennie, just let me have peace of mind tonight?”

 

“Fine.” Jennie relents, knowing if she insisted the blonde girl would wait until a cab actually came.

 

~

 

“We’re here.” Roseanne stops in front of the main entrance.

 

“Thanks for the ride.” Jennie says, getting out of the car when she notices Doyeon calling her.

 

“Hey, you home?”

 

“I’m at our dear friend’s place…Lisa’s convinced Jisoo will kill her in her sleep or something.” Doyeon chuckles, “What about you? Are you back home?”

 

“I’m right in front..I’m actually looking for my keys..can I call you back?”

 

“Yeah, call me when you get in.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie hangs up, “Where…”

 

“Jen.” Roseanne suddenly shows up next to her, “It was on the seat.” She hands Jennie her keys.

 

“Thank you.” Jennie says.

 

“You know I’m busy right?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“I have a million things to do.”

 

“I know…sorry you had to come down and give this to me.”

 

“You know that’s not what I mean.”

 

“Huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Do you have to make me spell it out?”

 

“Spell it out.”

 

“You really don’t know?”

 

“I really don’t.”

 

A moment of silence passes over the two.

 

“How come you never know anything?”

 

“You know everything, why don’t you tell me?”

 

“Apologize to me.”

 

“What?”

 

“Apologize to me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Apologize.” Roseanne says sternly and Jennie was just so lost, she ended up muttering, “I’m sorry.”

 

“There won’t be a next time..understand?”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nods, the gaze Roseanne had on her was keeping her rooted in place.

 

And a smile showed itself on Roseanne’s face and in a blink of an eye she pulled Jennie towards her, kissing her.

 

~ ~

 

A Week has passed since the night Roseanne kissed Jennie. It’s also been a week since Jennie left a very stern voicemail for Roseanne to never do that ever again and how it was completely inappropriate. And it’s been a week since Roseanne responded to that voicemail with a simple text that read “Hmm.”

 

“Her turn for what? For what Chu?” Jennie grumbles, while helping Jisoo into one of the wedding gowns.

 

“I don’t know.” Jisoo shakes her head, although she does have an inkling in what the blonde meant.

 

“Ugh whatever. I need to…” Jennie’s second or was it the third rant of the day was interrupted by a phone call from her boss.

 

“I’ll be right back.” Jennie says, taking the call outside.

 

“Are you done yet?” Lisa calls out after seeing Jennie leave the dressing room.

 

“Yeah she is.” One of the attendants helping Jisoo says, and when the curtain was pulled back revealing her soon to be wife, Lisa forgot how to breathe.

 

“Wow.” She was so enamored by Jisoo, her eyes taking her in, “You’re beautiful.” Lisa’s voice was soft and Jisoo felt her heart swell at the sight, but then she thought of something quite devious. Quickly she sat on the couch with Lisa, who’s eyes were following her every move, a lovesick look plastered on her face.

 

“Call someone.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Call someone on the phone?”

 

“Huh who?”

 

“Rosie or even Doyeon. Get them to come see it for themselves. Give them a bit of a push.”

 

“Push?”

 

“At this rate, when will Jen get her happy ending?”

 

“Just call, hurry.”

 

“Okay okay.” Lisa pulls out her phone and sends a voice message to the two, “Jen’s going to try on wedding dresses come over if you want. Bye.”

 

~

 

“You’re so lucky Chu.” Jennie smiles when she sees Jisoo in the gown.

 

“You will too.”

 

“I don’t know. Is anyone even interested in me?” Jennie chuckles.

 

“So that night with…”

 

“What about this one? Do you want to try it?”

 

“Jen..please don’t interrupt me.”

 

“Okay..what is it?”

 

“Rosie’s back.”

 

“She is.”

 

“So what are you going to do about it?”

 

“She tried to test me..with a fake girlfriend.”

 

“Wait, you mean that girl we saw her with at the mall wasn’t actually her girlfriend.”

 

“Mhmh.” Jennie nods, remembering the day after Rosie kissed her. Where they accidentally saw her with a girl, hand in hand. The girl was clinging onto Rosie like a koala and as much as it didn’t want to bother Jennie it did.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I went to talk to Dr. Bae and she was there. I was confused and asked questions and Dr. Bae just fessed up. Turns out she’s her friend and they came up with the idea. The whole mall thing was also planned because she knew we were going.”

 

“With that in mind let me ask you again, what are you going to do?”

 

“Nothing. Rosie and I..it just won’t work. Maybe as friends, yes…but anything more would just be too much…Being given the cold shoulder all the time, it just gets old after a while.”

 

“Did you even talk to her?”

 

“Like closure?”

 

“Sure, we can call it that.”

 

“I don’t think there’s much left to be said about that part of our lives.”

 

“If that’s what you want. I’ve already given you what I think you both need, but if you think there’s no point then okay.” Jisoo nods, “Hmm how about this dress?It’ll look good on you , try it on?” She changes the subject.

 

“I’m only saying yes because you dropped the subject just now.” Jennie sticks her tongue and Jisoo chuckles, “I’ll be out there with Lisa.” Going off to find her fiance.

 

“There you are.” Jisoo plops down, still in the gown from earlier.

 

“Here I am.” Lisa chuckles, taking Jisoo’s hand in hers, “What is it?” She asks with a small grin. Jisoo had that mischievous smile on her lips.

 

“Want to make a bet?”

 

“Mhm, on if Rosie or Doyeon get the girl in the end.”

 

“Okay.” Lisa nods, “But if they find out about this, I’m blaming you.”

 

“Please they’ll think it’s you regardless.”

 

“I’m placing my $100 on Doyeon.”

 

“Hmmm…then I guess you don’t know that Rosie tried to make Jen jealous with a fake girlfriend.”

 

“Mall girl is fake?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Well I guess you don’t know that Doyeon plans on proposing.”

 

“What?! Really?”

 

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out.” Lisa smiles.

 

~ ~

 

“You came?”

 

“I wouldn’t miss this.”

 

“She should be out soon, go there.” Lisa pointed towards the red curtain.

 

After a few moments, the red curtain was pulled back revealing Jennie in a stunning A-line wedding dress, accentuating her beauty perfectly.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jennie asks, surprised to see who was there waiting for her.

 

“Are you dressed like this to get a proposal out of me?” Doyeon chuckles, her eyes looking at Jennie so softly, and with so much love.

 

“Get out okay?” Jennie laughs.

 

Meanwhile, outside the boutique, Roseanne watched as Jennie stepped out and she just looked so stunning the blonde thought she was going to cry. But the happy moment was short lived when she saw just who was there with Jennie already.

 

“Of course.” Roseanne bitterly chuckles, leaving with the image of Jennie in a wedding dress engraved in her mind.

 

~ ~

 

“Huh? You guys are already eating?” Jennie looks at her parents happily eating their dinner.

 

“Rosie had it delivered to us.” Her mom explains.

 

“But I brought some too.”

 

“That’s perfect you can bring it to Rosie. She’s on duty today.” Mrs. Kim sounded delighted.

 

“Why would she do that? You don’t need to, princess.” Mr. Kim, who is still admitted at the hospital, shook his head. It’s not like he doesn’t like Roseanne, he just doesn’t want his only daughter to get hurt again.

 

“She does, I heard that whenever Rosie is on duty she never eats properly. So go now Jennie Kim.” Mrs. Kim’s words were stern and delivered with the tone that neither Jennie nor her dad could say no to.

 

~

 

“Dr. Park you need to check on the patient in the ICU, bed 4. Also you signed the records as Jennie Kim again…”

 

“Right..I’ll go check on the patient and resign the records.” Roseanne sighs, getting up to check on the patient.

 

Arriving in front of Roseanne’s office, Jennie knocked once..twice with no answer.

 

“Well I tried.” Jennie nods, about to head back.

 

“What are you doing here?” Roseanne’s voice stops her from leaving.

 

“I bought too much food, mom told me to bring you some.”

 

“Come inside.” Roseanne opens the door for Jennie who nods.

 

Setting the food on the table, Roseanne begins to dig in right away..picking out the vegetables that she doesn’t like and setting them aside. This caused Jennie to chuckle.

 

“What?”

 

“You haven’t changed at all.” She pauses, thinking maybe now is the time to just cut the rope, “I don’t know why you always keep things bottled up..you were and have always been like this.Always wanting others to guess what you're thinking instead of saying it. You kissed me, you had that one girl pretend to be your girlfriend. But that stuff doesn’t matter to me, because I’m done guessing what it is you're thinking about.” With that, Jennie gets up.

 

“Three years ago it was you who asked for the break-up right?” Roseanne wasn’t going to let Jennie leave just like that, not without her saying anything as well, “With you thinking I was going to leave you to go to Switzerland for more training right?”

 

“Yes and no.” Jennie answers honestly, “I may have thought to throw a tantrum and yell at you to come to me, but you didn’t.” Her eyes never left Roseanne, “But none of that matters anymore.”

 

“The day we ended things, I lost my first patient in surgery.”

 

“I was almost attacked by the real estate agent. I went to find you at the hospital only to learn that you were going away to Switzerland.”

 

“I never wanted to go…I regretted it a few days later.” Roseanne admits, “I bought a ticket to fly back, but at the airport I saw you hugging Doyeon..she was off to a race or something.”

 

Jennie was beside herself, “So you thought that as soon as you left I got together with Doyeon? Is that how low you think of me?”

 

“I didn’t mean it like that, what I mean is…”

 

“It’s fine.” Jennie interrupts, “We’ll be together soon anyways, Doyeon and I.”

 

“Stop saying things you don’t mean.” Roseanne didn’t like hearing that, she wanted to say more but was paged to the ED.

 

“I have to go..please wait for me here.” Roseanne pleads.

 

“Fine.” Jennie agrees,thinking that maybe Jisoo was right when she said they needed closure.

 

After Roseanne left though, Jennie was being playful spinning in the chair only for her to fall and bump her head hard against the edge of the table. Her vision was blurred and she felt really dizzy.

 

“I..Rosie..” Jennie’s mind was thinking of the worst possible ideas, from a concussion to internal bleeding. Making her way to the Emergency department, Jennie became even dizzier. The lack of sleep wasn’t helping her.

 

“Rosie..” She slid down on the floor losing consciousness.

 

“Jennie!” Roseanne ran over when she saw Jennie collapsing by the glass doors, “Jen…can you see me? Hear me?”

 

“Mhm.” Jennie nods.

 

“What happened?” Roseanne asks worriedly.

 

“I fell and hit my head.” Roseanne places a hand over Jennie’s head and feels a bump forming, “You have a bump on your head..c’mon let’s go get you treated and check to see if you had a concussion.” Roseanne and a nurse help Jennie up.

 

“I can take care of this Dr. Park.” The nurse offers.

 

“It’s fine..I can do it.”

 

Leading Jennie to one of the examination rooms, Roseanne checked on the bump on her head. It was quiet between them, that is until Jennie’s phone rang.

 

“Hello Doyeon?”

 

“Hey, I'm calling to tell you that you left your maid of honor dress in my car. I’ll drop it off at your place tomorrow.”

 

“Oh okay.”

 

“I’ll call again later okay?”

 

“Hmm bye bye.”

 

“Bye bye.”

 

“Jennie Kim.” Roseanne calls out after Jennie hangs up her phone, “Let’s make up.”

 

“Make up?” Jennie sighs, “Do you think it’s only been some long three year fight between us?”

 

“Are you with Doyeon now?”

 

“It's none of your business.”

 

“Jennie Kim.” Roseanne’s voice was soft, “We will make up.”

 

“No we won’t.” Jennie was adamant.

 

“Lay down, see if you get dizzy. We need to make sure you don’t have a concussion, the scans won’t be out for a while.” Roseanne says and Jennie follows her direction, laying down and closing her eyes.

 

Roseanne watches her for a bit and when she can no longer hold it in, she leans down and places a kiss on Jennie’s cheeks. The girl immediately pushes Roseanne away, “What are you doing?”

 

“Just sleep.” Roseanne says, leaving Jennie.

 

~ ~

 

It was the day of Lisa’s and Jisoo’s wedding, everyone was already at the venue but Jennie was at her office.

 

“I can’t believe you left the bride’s bouquet at your office!” Lisa whines over the phone.

 

“I told you I’m getting it..can you just relax.”

 

“Are you at your office already?”

 

“I am!” Jennie says, sending her location to Lisa.

 

“Okay well then come back here already.”

 

“Yes yes.”

 

Leaving her office building, Jennie was surprised to see both Doyeon and Roseanne waiting in front of their vehicles. A part of her wanted to go with Roseanne, but in the end she made her way to Doyeon who gave Roseanne a smirk as she closed the passenger seat of her car.

 

“See you there Rosie.” Doyeon smiles, getting in and driving off.

 

Arriving at the venue, Jennie greeted the guests. Most of them were their high school classmates and it was good to see everyone again.

 

“Sana you came.” Jennie smiles.

 

“Mhm, but I’ll be heading to Japan right after.”

 

“I see, but still it’s great that you made it.”

 

“Yeah it is. Can’t believe the day is finally here for those two and then I’m assuming it’s you and Rosie next?”

 

“Oh we..”

 

“I was always so into her, but she only ever looked at you..she really adores you..so if you and Rosie get married don’t invite me, it’ll just make me sad.” Sana jokes.

 

“Ah well..actually Rosie and I…it didn’t work out..we broke up a long time ago.”

Sana was stunned at the revelation, the girl was sure the two would end up together, “C’mon let’s go find your seat together.” Jennie smiles.

 

The wedding was beautiful to say the least. It was simple and cozy.

 

“Now let’s hear the vows.”

 

“I’ll go first.” Jisoo smiles and Lisa nodded, “Lalisa Manoban.”

 

“Here.” Lisa stands up straighter.

 

“You wrote love letters to practically everyone in our school.”

 

“Not true, I never wrote you one.”

 

“But you gave me a star once.”

 

“You gave me a scarf.”

 

“Don’t interrupt me. That scarf wasn’t meant for you.” Jisoo says and the crowd chuckles lightly, while Lisa cutely pouts.

 

“You..you’ve dyed your hair for me, stood with me when I had to stand in front of the school to give a reflection speech. You’re noisy and annoying. You sometimes can’t keep the promises you make me.”

 

“Chu..don’t you think that now isn’t the best time for you to scold me?” Lisa says.

 

“Do you still remember that story I told you about Rosetta and Philae?”

 

“In the distant year of 200X, the Rosetta spacecraft was launched from Europe. It took Philae to space, when Philae landed it lost contact with Rosetta forever. They waited for news from each other in the vast universe.” Lisa says confidently.

 

“You memorized it?” Jisoo was in tears.

 

“I’ve had it memorized since high school, waiting for you to quiz me.”

 

“You know in the end Rosetta found Philae, and I found you Lisa.” Jisoo pauses, smiling a bit, “Lisa thank you.”

 

Smiling, Lisa takes a step forward, taking Jisoo’s hand in hers, “Kim Jisoo.” Lisa smiles, “You’re very welcome.” The two laugh, before Lisa turns serious, “Kim Jisoo.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you.” Lisa says sincerely and Jisoo who at this point was in tears smiles and nods, “I love you too.” She whispers just for Lisa to hear.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

a/n: Okay so this is already done…but it’s like 100 pages long, so I’m cutting it up. I’ll try to post the last part tomorrow :)

Ah also..about that poll…I’ve decided that no matter the outcome I will write that and the Memories Prologue that will center around Jennie and Chaeyoung’s relationship…but I’m sure you guys already know how that story will end right?

 

Anyways, the poll is almost over so if you’d like, vote on the next story? It’ll help my indecisive mind a lot..also, depending on which prompt wins, there’ll be a secondary poll.

 

Till next time.

 

Ciao~