First Place (8)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-3rd Person POV-

 

“Yeah I know.” Jisoo smiles.

 

“But,” Jennie continues, “I’m married.”

 

“And? You can get a divorce you know, you guys did sign a prenup.”

 

“You say it like it’s so easy.”

 

“But it is Jen. What’s the point in staying married if you don’t love each other?”

 

Jennie stays quiet

 

“Unless.” Jisoo speaks up after a few moments, “it’s not the divorce you’re worried about.”

 

“Chu I…” Jennie’s hands began to shake, “what if I’ve already lost Rosie?”

 

“Jennie..” Jisoo pulls the girl into her arms, “Rosie has been in-love with you for so long..do you really think a year is enough to let go?”

 

“I don’t know...but I’m scared, because if she’s really moved on, then I can’t do anything about it.”

 

“You won’t even put up a fight?”

 

“Am I even allowed to?”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

-6 months later-

 

“Well it was nice being married to you.” Jennie chuckles, hugging Irene who gladly hugged her now ex-wife, back.

 

“It was a good few years.” Irene pats Jennie’s back, “But we’re still friends right?”

 

“Yes, of course.” Jennie pulls back.

 

The last 6 months have been crazy for the two. Irene decided not to pursue her growing feelings for Jennie after she told Irene about her true feelings for Roseanne. It was hard at first for Irene, but after she let go of those feelings, she and Jennie got along better than ever. But still, the two didn’t want to keep their marriage, afterall what’s the point if they don’t love each other?

 

As for Jennie and Roseanne...well it’s been the same but different. The two started communicating more after that first phone call, but there’s a wall between them. A wall that neither one has tried to tear down.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Alright my newly divorced bestie, when are we going to do something reckless like fly to Santorini?” Jisoo asks only half-jokingly.

 

“Jisoo I literally just got my divorced finalized an hour ago.”

 

“Exac…”

 

“Okay let's go!” Lisa, followed by Irene, enters Jennie’s condo with suitcases in tow.

 

“Uh where?” Jennie looked at the two.

 

“Santorini.” Irene replied casually, “This one,” She points to Lisa, “said that was the plan.”

 

“Guys.” Jennie sighs, “Again, I..no we..” Jennie gestures to herself and Irene, “Just got divorced like an hour ago...don’t you think we should wait a bit?”

 

“No.” The three chorsued, looking at Jennie seriously.

 

“Plus we don’t even have pl..”

 

“Already got that covered.” Jisoo smirks.

 

“Of course you do.” Jennie rubs her temples feeling a headache coming.

 

“Jen...you know sitting here waiting for her to come back won’t get you anywhere.” Irene takes a seat next to the girl, replacing Jennie’s hands with her own.

 

“I know..but Rene~” Jennie whines.

 

“Babe...are they really divorced?” Lisa whispers to her girlfriend.

 

“It’s just how they are after everything that’s happened.” Jisoo whispers back.

 

“Stop being scared. We’re all going to be there with you when you go see her.”

 

“I’m not scared.”

 

“You so are.” Lisa says, “And that’s okay. But Irene is right, waiting won’t get you anywhere.”

 

“Mhm I agree, which is why we all better get going or else we’ll miss that flight.” Jisoo lifts the mood, finally getting Jennie to get off her couch and into her room to pack.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Okay, let’s see I went on tripadvisor and I think the..eh? Guys?” Lisa panics as the three other girls leave her behind, heading towards the hotel’s elevator, “Hey! Wait for me!”

 

“Right so, ignoring Lisa..should we go find Rosie first or do you want to rest today?” Irene says as the four make their way to their suites.

 

“Maybe rest.” Jennie says, yawning, “It was a long trip.”

 

“Alright..we’ve got a week here anyways.”

 

~ ~

 

“So, I called Aly last night and got Rosie’s address here.” Lisa says as the four enjoy breakfast by the water, “She said the best time to see Rosie would be before 5.”

 

“Why 5?”

 

“Ah it seems that Rosie opened herself a bar here.”

 

“A bar?!”

 

“Mhm. Seems like something Rosie got pulled into by one of the locals. You know she’s too nice for her own good.”

 

“I think it would be better for us to go see her at the bar.”

 

“Yeah...I think this one here will need some liquid courage for sure.” Jisoo points to Jennie, who’s been eating quietly listening as the others talk.

 

“Mhm mhm.” Irene and Lisa nod.

 

“I’ll go ahead.” Jennie suddenly says while the three talked about some sightseeing they planned on seeing.

 

“Go where? Hey! Jennie!” Jisoo calls out, but Jennie doesn't look back.

 

“Something’s up with her.” Jisoo says, sitting back down, “She’s been quiet all morning, and my little quip earlier didn’t even get a reaction from her.”

 

“I agree.” Irene nods, “Did something happen after we got back from dinner last night?”

 

“Who knows...this is why we should have all just roomed in one big suite.” Jisoo groans.

 

“Okay in my defense, I thought the two ex-wives wouldn’t be comfortable in one room.” Lisa puts her hand up in surrender.

 

“We’re friends Lisa, why would we be uncomfortable?” Irene chuckles, before turning serious, “But for now, I think we should go after her. Something might happen.”

 

~ ~

 

-Jennie’s POV-

 

What happened at the beach last night won’t leave my mind. I should have stayed in my room, but what if it wasn’t her..it could be anyone..Yeah it could be anyone they probably just look li...

 

“Hey it’s you again.” A light airy voice from next to me says, pulling me away from my thoughts.

 

Looking around, I realize I’m at the beach again.

 

“Oh h-h-hi, Talia.”

 

“Yassas Jennie, nice to see you again.” Talia greets me, her ash brown hair making her glow so early in the morning.

 

“Yeah.” I nod, not really in the mood to continue this conversation.

 

“You look familiar.” Talia suddenly says.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I wanted to tell you last night, but you suddenly looked…” Talia trails off, watching me intently, “Nevermind...I don’t think it’s my place to say. After all, we’ve only just met.”

 

“I appreciate it.” I say with a small smile.

 

“Hmm.” She hums, “Anyways, I have to go...I’ll see you around Jennie avtio.”

 

“Goodbye.” I return her smile.

 

“Are the locals here this nice to everyone?” I chuckle to myself.

 

“Jen! There you are!” Jisoo comes up to me just as Talia disappears.

 

“Chu? Why are you so out of breath?” I ask, worried.

 

“Goodness for someone so small you sure walk fast.” She pants.

 

“Excuse me, you’re not any taller.” I roll my eyes, “Come here.” I led her under some shade, “Where’s Lisa and Rene?”

 

“I don’t know, I saw you and ran over.”

 

“I have a phone Chu.” I deadpan.

 

“Yeah, but you weren’t answering.”

 

“Oh.” I sheepishly smiled, after seeing the 20 missed calls, “Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, but what’s gotten you so out of it?”

 

“Maybe we should all go home.” I don’t answer her question.

 

“What? But we haven’t even seen Rosie yet.” Jisoo frowns. I turn my head away to avoid her eyes. Jisoo knows me almost as much as Rosie does.

 

“Jennie.” Jisoo says in a serious tone, “What happened last night.” It wasn’t a question, but more of a demand.

 

“Nothing.” I deny.

“You saw her.” Jisoo’s frown deepens, trying to piece it all together, and she does, “You saw her and you saw something..something that can affect you this much.” She says in a tone telling me that she probably knows what I saw.

 

“I’m a bit late Chu.” I say with a small smile on my face.

 

-Flashback: Last night-

 

It was close to midnight, but I couldn’t sleep. I was feeling anxious, nervous, and jittery. And the fact that Rosie and I are in the same place again isn’t helping at all.

 

“You were right Rosie.” I whisper, while walking along the beach, “It’s beautiful here.”

 

The moon was full and bright, casting a glow over the water. Some of the stars were out and even though it was late, there were still a few people enjoying the evening.

 

As I walked further down I noticed a group of people having a bonfire. They were drinking, laughing, and dancing to whatever was being strummed on the guitar. It reminded me of the old days, when it was Me, Rosie, Lisa, and Jisoo. When we would do things together like that at god knows what time.

 

“Must be fun.” I whisper, turning around to head back to the hotel.

 

“Oh yeah.” A voice suddenly says from behind me and I turn around to see green eyes and ash brown hair, “I’m Talia.” the girl introduces herself.

 

“I’m…” I pause, my eyes catching someone familiar behind Talia, “Jennie, nice to meet you.” I managed to finish.

 

“Well Jennie, do you want to join us?” Talia asks, and I shake my head no, “Thank you for the offer, but it’s late and I’m worried my friends might start looking for me.”

 

“Okay, maybe next time if there’s one.” Talia smiles at me and I nod, “Then kalinixta Jennie” Talia waves goodbye, and I turn my back, trying to get the image of her smiling so widely while being wrapped in someone else’s arms out of my head.

 

“I knew it.” I bitterly chuckled, trying to fight the urge to cry but failing miserably.

 

-End flashback-

 

“So..yeah..maybe we should all just head back home.”

 

“They could just be friends, you know how Rosie can be a tad clingy. Plus it’s not like you saw them kiss or anything.”

 

“That’s true, but Rosie looked so..” I paused trying to find the right words, “free. No problems, no drama, no lousy best friend she always has to take care of..”

 

“Jen..you know that’s not…”

 

“It’s okay, we still have 6 days here. Why don’t we just try to enjoy this as a vacation.”

 

“Jennie.” They all looked at me with worried eyes.

 

“It’s okay..I’ll be okay.” I force a smile, getting up from my bed and heading towards the door, “Now c’mon let’s go do those things Lisa saw on tripadvisor.”

 

“Fine.” They sigh.

 

~ ~

 

“Are you really just gonna move on?” Irene asked me as we walked through the streets, trailing behind Lisa and Jisoo.

 

“Move on from?”

 

“C’mon Jen.”

 

“Rene..” I stop walking, and turn towards my ex-wife, “I love her..you know that I do. That’s why I need to move on. Because I love her. That’s why you moved on from me right?” I cheekily replied.

 

“Yah! You brat it was just a cru…”

 

“Irene? Jennie?” I hear a familiar voice call out to Irene and I, interrupting her.

 

I shut my eyes, wishing that my brain would just forget her voice.

 

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I opened my eyes and turned my head towards her, “Rosie.”

 

“What are yo..”

 

“Babe!” Someone interrupts Rosie and suddenly her hand was being held by someone else. Suddenly her attention was on someone else. Suddenly her smile was directed towards someone else.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Who can that be? Hmm….

 

But hey Chaennie met again whooo!!

 

Till next time.

 

Byebye~