[ Yuri p.o.v ]

Strawberry milk~

 

Chapter 5

 

Holding my breath, I immersed my head into the bath. As the warmth of the water seeps into my cold bitten skin, I reminisced on the series of unfortunate events today.

 

 

Five times. Five times I bumped into Mr. Freak; of all places – in the changing room, in the gents, in the bus and outside the convenience store.

 

 

Coincidental? I doubt so. Stalk? Probably.


 

 

 

I shot up as I feel my lungs screaming for oxygen. Hyperventilating; I glanced around, just to make sure Mr. Freak wasn’t leaning at one corner, flashing his annoying smirk.

 

Oh my god. Did I just pictured him, in my bathroom? I must be suffering from extreme mental exhaustion to hallucinate about some whatever guy.

 

Besides, I’ve got tons of other stuff to worry about. Like monthly expenses and university fees. Monthly expenses shouldn’t be a problem as long as I keep to my work shifts and pray for a raise; but university fees…I’ll settle that tomorrow. Yes, a trip to the university first thing in the morning. Make enquiries about scholarships or loans, or whatever that’s available. Sigh.


 

 

 

 

 

Get a grip on yourself, Kwon Yuri!

 

 

 

 

 

As soon I reached my room, I didn’t bother turning the lights on; instead I collapsed immediately into the embrace of my fluffy comforter. Talk to the hand, M.I.A. boy, no way I’m giving up this room for you and your darling fiancée tonight.

 

 

 

 

A soft noise on the end of the room broke the silence. I sat up instantly, wondering if it was another hallucination.

 

 

 

Maybe it was just me. I lay back once more.

 

 

Wrong move.

 

 

 

The moment I lay back, a broad hand with bony fingers covered my mouth, pushing me down to stop me from resisting. Thinking fast, I slapped the silhouette hard.

 

 

Instead of blowing the wind out of him, I made him even more aggressive. His grip round my mouth hardened and he got on top of me. I felt as if I was caught underneath a huge rock, barely able to move, yet alone breathe.

 

 

 

‘Okay, Kwon Yuri,’ he said, ‘let’s talk.’

 

 

 

All my life, I’ve always thought robbers break in, get valuables, and then get out. I’m surprised that this one is actually initiating a negotiation, on such compromising position.

 

 

 

 

‘On one condition,’ he continued, ‘you do not scream when I let go,’

 

 

 

He did not let go, so I started struggling to get him off me – in vain.

 

 

‘Bad idea, it seems,’ he continued, in a deadlier tone, ‘to try negotiating with you. So, I talk, you listen’

 

I continued struggling and screaming with all the strength left in me. The silhouette stayed still on top of me, and finally spoke again when all my energy is drained.

 

‘I don’t wish to waste each other’s time, so I’ll get straight to the point.’

 

I felt his weigh on me increasing as he leaned forward. As it was dark, all I could see was the outline of a broad shoulder-ed male. The dim light from the balcony reflected part of his chin, down to his neck with its veins protruding.

 

 

 

 

‘I will give you 30 thousand dollars if you agree to be my fiancée.’

 

 

 

 

 

I widened my eyes. Am I dreaming? Did an intruder just barge in without the alarms alerted, sneaked into my room, attacked me, and then offered me money so that I can be his fiancée?

 

 

 

 

 

Fiancée?

 

 

 

 

 

‘You’re taking too long to consider,’ his grip loosening a little, ‘any girl would die for such offer.’

 

 

 

You’ve got the wrong lady, dude. Disgusted with his arrogance, I turned to look somewhere else.

 

 

 

He let out an irritated sigh, saying, ‘I am Shim Chang Min, in case your bird-brain has not got everything figured out by now.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shim Chang Min? I turned to face the silhouette on top of me. Why does it sound so familiar?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could he be…Mrs. Shim’s eldest son?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As if I was possessed, I pushed him away from me. So what if he’s Shim Chang Min; what the hell is he doing on top of me?! Grabbing the nearby alarm clock firmly, I strike at him continuously until I hear a loud exclamation of pain.


 

 

 

 

 

I switched on the lights – and dropped the alarm clock in surprise.

 

 

Loud ringing filled the room.

 

 

 

 

 

Shim Chang Min, eldest son and also the one who’s said to inherit the best genes of the Shim family equals to Mr. Freak?

 

 

 

That brainless Mr. Freak – whom has jinxed me throughout the day – has just claimed himself as Shim Chang Min?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Freak, is Shim Chang Min?

 

 

 

 

 

For the love of God, my head hurts. Please end this nightmare.

 

 

 

 

 

Shim Chang Min picked the ringing alarm up and shut it off. ‘Watch it, bird-brain,’ he the alarm clock to me, ‘it’s a present from my fans.’

 

 

 

I noticed DBSK on the clock and barfed. Even Shim Chang Min is into DBSK.

 

 

 

Then I paused; and looked into the picture once again. I looked at Shim Chang Min, and looked at the picture once more.

 

 

 

 

Oh my god.

 

 

 

Shim Chang Min is in DBSK?

 

 

 

SHIM CHANG MIN – MRS. SHIM’S SON – MR. FREAK – IN DBSK?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I screamed at the top of my lungs. Shim Chang Min lunged at me as I dashed towards the door.

 

 

‘LET GO!’ I screamed as he pushed me on the wall, covering my mouth once more. Even if all our encounters were coincidental, it’s scaring the freak out of me.

 

 

 

‘Kwon Yuri!’ he said with raised voice, ‘I have overestimated you. Stop being a lunatic, or you’ll get us both in trouble.’

 

 


I took in deep breaths to calm myself down. Maybe my shock was over exaggerated and over reacted. Maybe I should let him justify himself before jumping into conclusions. Maybe I should cooperate, despite the fact that he’s the last person I want to see right now.

 

 

 

Seeing that I’ve managed to calm down, he let out a ‘tsk’.

 

 

 

‘Listen Kwon Yuri,’ he said, ‘I won’t take no as an answer. ’

 

 

I looked into his eyes. I can even see his contact lens. We were that close.

 

 

 

‘Who knows what a rejected person will resort to,’ he said, ‘you might end up jobless, account frozen, blacklisted among anti-fans, get thrown out of school, and get sent back to Hawaii.’

 

 

 

 

My eyes narrowed at him. That wasn’t just blackmail, its terrorization. What a sick sadist.

 

 

 

‘Okay,’ I answered, ‘give me a minute. I need to get this situation right.’

 

 

 

 

 

Now, this guy I barely know is asking me to be his fiancée. In exchange, I get 30 thousand dollars. Not that 30K is a large sum; but it isn’t a small sum either. With this money I would have more time to come up with the remaining university tuition fees. Or get my studying materials. Or whichever comes first.

 

 

But it’s Shim Chang Min from DBSK we’re talking about here, and that alone is a big deal. Their fans sure did look bloodthirsty especially during the concert. The idea of being slaughtered, barbequed and divided amongst the Cassiopeians, lovely.

 

 

The worst part is, he’s Shim Chang Min, son of Mr. and Mrs. Shim, brother of Ji Yeon and Ji Eun. I cannot imagine myself a fraud, living off them like a friggin freeloader.

 

 

But if I refuse, I might lose this roof to cover my tiny head; my allowances, my freedom, everything.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

‘Don’t you already have a fiancé?’ I blurted suddenly.

 

 

 

 

‘Bang bang!! Bang bang!!’

 

I jumped at the abrupt knocking from outside.

 

‘Yuri? Yuri? Are you alright?’

 

 

Mrs. Shim must have been startled by my screams.

 

 

 

 

Shim Chang Min and I exchanged stares. ‘Leave the questions for later,’ he said, ‘I want your answer now.’

 

 

 

 

‘Yuri! Open up the door!’

 

It was uncommon to hear Mr. Shim shouting. Even the sound of the sisters scurrying around trying to look for the key could be heard. Mrs. Shim sounded like she was on the verge of breaking through the door. Great, now the whole family is awake. Thanks to Shim Chang Min.

 

 

 

 

‘Dear,’ said Mr. Shim, ‘call the police. Yuri might be in danger.’

 

 

 

 

 

I stared hard at Shim Chang Min. This better be good. Or I will personally slaughter, barbecue and divide him amongst his darling fans

 

 

 

 

 

 

-End of Chapter 5-