Trip 21

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's POV

Looking towards the seat at the back of the bus, the familiar face was not there. How was she? Was she still sick?

'Hyung! Could Min Hye still be sick?' As if reading my thought, Kai whispered the question to me. I just shrugged my shoulders in response.

'Yah, what are you guys being so secretive about?' Key enquired, his feline eyes trying to explore our inner thoughts.

'Hyung, don't let your imagination run wild. I was asking him when would be his first date with his first gf. But he refused to answer me.' Kai joked.

'Jinjja?' He glared at us suspiciously. 

'Ne!' Both of us answered.

'Ok!' Key let down his guard but instead,

'BOO!' Jonghyun popped out from nowhere, giving all of us a fright.

'YAH! PABO! Is it so fun to see us mentally tortured by your silly prank early in the morning?' Key snapped at Jjong.

'Mianhae Taemin, I shouldn't have reprimanded you last week.' Jonghyun ignored Key and turned to me.

'Gwenchana! I understand. If it were me, I might do the same too.' I smiled at him.

Suddenly Minho grabbed me with one arm and ruffled my hair with the other. 'You little rascal, now you gotten the prettiest girl to be your girlfriend.' He teased.

'Talking about that, why didn't you fetch her to school?' Key stated.

'Mwo? Why should I?' I asked.

Key slapped his palm on his face while the others just shook their heads.

'Poor Hae Na, she has gotten herself a love idiot as boyfriend.' Jonghyun sighed. 'No wonder he didn't know that he had broken the heart of ..mmmmm' Jonghyun's voice was muffled by Key.

I just looked away instead, guiltiness overwhelmed me.

Kai's voice suddenly entered my ear. 'Don't worry, I will help you as promised.'

We joked all the way from the bus to the class, of course I was the main target of their jokes. They imparted their knowledges of dating (especially from Key and Jjong) to me, making my head throbbed at the large influx of data. Dating is another mastery that I couldn't comprehend at the snap of the fingers. No wonder Key and Jjong were so popular with the girls. They really knew them well.

'Stop thinking about girls you two!' Onew knocked both Jonghyun's and Key's heads with his knuckle. 'It's time for lesson. Jjong, kaja! Study hard!' Onew went off in the direction of his homeroom with Jonghyun, hand rubbing his head, trailing behind.

'Serious dubu! Mehrong!' Key stuck his tongue out at the disappeared back of Onew and turned to enter the classroom.

'Annyeong guys!' Soo Ra's infamous high-pitched voice and her face welcomed us as we entered.

'Annyeong!' Key greeted her. My brain immediately shut off, blocking any more high frequency wave from entering. I decided to go to my seat. When I finally wriggled out of the crowd at the door, a girl with short bob hair immediately caught my attention. She was wearing red top that show off her figure but I couldn't see her face as she was looking out of the window. Who was she? Was she a new Classmate? That top did look familiar though, where did I see it before? I rampaged my brain for that piece of memory until a sweet voice called me.

'Taemin ssi, annyeong!' Hannah stood in front of me, giving me a sweet smile revealing her set of perfect white teeth.

'Annyeong!' I greeted back, my heart was melting at her sweetness.

'Min Hye ssi?' Kai called.

Min Hye had reached? Where? I looked over to Kai and saw him talking to the bob-haired girl.

That girl was Min Hye? She looked so different. Sporting a short hair, she looked fresh and alert. The short hair accentuated her long neck, revealing her once covered white flawless skin. Her long bangs was tucked neatly behind her ears with a few short fringes covering her forehead. She also changed her spec to the frameless type, which highlighted her big dark brown eyes.

'Taemin ssi?' Hannah's voice rang into my ears, jolting my attention back to her.

'Mianhae, I was thinking of something.' I told her.

'Min Hye ssi does look different today, doesn't she?' Hannah stated as she looked over.

'Ne!' I answered absentmindedly, my eyes were on her.

'This look suit her. She looked beautiful with this new looks and style.' Hannah concluded.

Looking at both of them chatting happily, smiles slowly unveiled on her face. Kai really kept to his word. He did know how to cheer people up.

Soon Mr Jung entered class and we went back to our seat. Once we sat down, my focus was all on her. Even the back view looked different now.

'Ok, here's an announcement. Our school annual dinner and dance will be held 1 month from now. This year, it will be special event as it is the first time, our school has same number of boys and girls.' Mr Jung smiled happily as he announced.

'Don't you think that he seems to be announcing his marriage news.' Minho whispered, cracking us up.

'It seems like the guys behind are also very happy over this.' Mr Jung stared at us which caused us to shut up immediately. 'To celebrate this, we will be holding this at the event hall.'

Everyone cheered and clapped at the good news.

'Finally we are out of the sport hall. I can't imagine me wearing my best attire dancing in the sport hall again.' Key rolled his eyes as he 'reminisced' the dinner and dance the past two years.

'Finally our ears can have a rest!' Minho whispered to me but apparently it reached Key's ears.

'Yah! What do you mean by that?' Key challenged Minho.

'The two of you, keep quiet!' Mr Jung scolded before continuing, 'There's a rule this year. All students have to attend this event in pairs.'

'Huh!' The class exclaimed.

'Wae?'

'You mean guy pair with guy?'

'Guy and girl?'

The homeroom was filled with commotion.

'Keep quiet!' Mr Jung hit the table with his ruler to get attention. 'The theme for this year is ballroom dance. The guys have to get a girl each to attend the ball just like a gentleman.'

'Awww!'

'Why can't the girls be the one asking?'

'Omo, who should I ask!'

Discussion carried out openly.

'I'm sure all the girls wouldn't resist my invitation.' Key relaxed and leaned backward onto his chair, his hands supporting the back of his head.

I couldn't worry much about this since my presence or absence won't affect the event much. 

I looked forward and saw Min Hye resting her chin on her hand supported by her elbow, looking out the window. Apparently this event didn't mean much to her either.

'You guys don't think about escaping this. Is either you attend the D&D or you stayed back during vacation to do community work.' Mr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter