Trip 20

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's POV

'LEE TAEMIN!' A girl's voice emerged from behind.

Who could be calling me? All of us turned to see who was the caller.

'PA!' A loud slapping sound was heard and I felt heat radiating from my left cheek. I looked at the caller and was totally in shock. Why did she hit me? Did I provoke her in some way?

'Eun Hee baby!' Jonghyun gasped, shock written all over his face.

'Hey girl! Chill! Why did you hit him? Everything can be settled if you discussed.' Key tried to calm Eun Hee who was apparently still hot in the head.

'WHY SHOULD I DISCUSS SETTLEMENT WITH A CASANOVA LIKE HIM?' She bellowed, her eyes staring firmly into mine.

Everyone turned to look at me, puzzled and shocked.

'Jamsimanyo, he a Casanova?' Onew asked while pointing at me.

Her gaze still firmly fixed on me, her silent stated clearly her answer.

'But..' I tried to ask but was immediately cut in by her.

'Because of YOU, my dear friend let herself get drenched in the rain.' She said as she poked my chest hard with her finger. 'Because of YOU, her eyes were all swollen and puffy. Because of YOU, she collapsed and now she was having high fever at home.' she belled out, I could see red in her eyes. I could still feel the pain from her constant poking in my chest.

Her best friend? An image of that someone popped out instantly.

'Do you mean...' I tries probing. 

'So now you remember! Yes, Kang Min Hye, my chingu.' she shouted.

My heart constricted then, causing me to recall the scene the day before.

'I like you, could you be my bf?' Min Hye asked me at her secret spot behind the school.

I was confused at what to do. It was totally different from the feeling I had when Hannah had asked me the same question just 15 minutes ago. I was very happy that I immediately agreed to her. But my heart sped up and hit strongly against my rib cage when Min Hye asked me that same question. Wae? It was something totally unfamiliar, something I never had experienced before.

'Can we be just friends?' was the solution that I could think of just then.

'Can I know the reason?' She asked next.

I could only find myself muttered that I got a girlfriend. She laughed in response and congratulated me instead. Her eyes were turning red as she smiled, the smile was not reaching her eyes. I tried talking to her but..

'Mianhae Taemin, I suddenly remember i got something on. I need to rush off now.' She avoided my eyes and grabbed her bag. 'Introduce your gf to me next time. Annyeong!' She dashed off, my hands hanging in mid air as I tried to reach for her. My heart ached as I recalled the looks on her face before she left, deeply imprinted in my mind.

'How is she now?' I asked, trying to swallow through my dried throat.

'It's none of your business.' Eun Hee snapped back. 'Stop giving her false hopes when you don't like her. She is not those type of girls who can be played around on your finger.'

'I didn't..' I tried to explain.

'YOU DIDN'T?' She screamed at the top of her lungs. All the passerbys turned and looked at us.

'Chill girl!' Key tried talking to her.

'I'm not talking to you.' She ignored key and continued. 'Why did you offer to accompany her when I am not free. Why did you keep haressing her when she already irritated? Why did you ask her out when you are not interested in her? Do you know all this can bring her hopes high up? Did you even consider her feeling when you rejected her?' she said, wiping away a tear that had slid down from her already teary eyes. 'Stop hurting my friend!'

'Eunnie!' Jonghyun touched her shoulder gently but she shook it off.

'Don't touch me. You are in the same cahoot as him. Why did I even think that you guys could be good in the first place. I thought with time, you guys would mature but apparently I was wrong. Totally wrong.' her eyes glared at all of us. Her eyes filled with disappointment when Jonghyun's eyes met hers. 'There's no way I would ever believe in a kingka again. Never! Kim Jonghyun, from now on, stay out of my sight!' She stormed off, pushing Minho and Onew who were in her ways. Jonghyun dropped open his mouth in surprise.

'Lee Taemin, look at what you had done,' Jonghyun retorted when he finally regained back his senses. 'I just gotten closer to her but it's all destroyed by you. Do you know how long I took to finally get her to look and talk to me? Aish! Why did you do such thing to her friend. Don't you know that this kind of girl cannot be played with. They are not into fling. They are looking for true love. TRUE LOVE!' He sighed, his hand grabbed his forehead as if he was in pain right then.

'Hyung, stop scolding him, I guess Eun Hee ssi had clearly bring the ideas into his head.' Minho patted Jonghyun's back. 

Jonghyun shook his head in response. 'I have to start all over again. I don't want to lose her too.'

'That's why i loved chicken.' Onew stated out of the blues.

Everyone gave him a glare.

'Wae? At least food won't bite.' Onew pouted.

'Hyung, we understand your good gesture but it's just not the right moment.' Key nodded his head in my direction.

My mind was in a state of blank, only a question kept flashing in my mind.

'Are you ok, Min Hye?'

At night, I laid in bed pondering over what Eun Hee and Jonghyun had said earlier. Did I really mislead her to think that I like her? Did I really treat her exceptionally well? Why did I treat her differently from the other girls? Did I really think as her as a temporary love shelter? Or was I ...

I dared not think further. Hannah was my gf now. I shouldn't think of other girl right now but...

'Brrrr, brrrr!' my phone vibrated on my table. I grabbed my phone and read the message, lying down sideway.

'Hi Taemin,

This is my first message. Just want to say good night and have a good weekend!

From Hannah.'

I smiled while I read this. That was so sweet of her. My eyes caught sight of a pair of vouchers for Hotel Lotte high-tea buffet on the beside table. I guessed Min Hye couldn't be going with me anymore, I thought as I picked up the tickets from the table. I also didn't want to hurt her any further. It was because of my brainless impulse that broke her heart. 

Maybe... An idea suddenly came to my mind and I started texting.

'Hi Hannah,

Do you want to go to a high-tea buffet with me at hotel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter