Trip 22

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Hye's POV

I could fully understand now why I was rejected. Hannah was so pretty and cute. She was the dream girl of every guys. Handsome guy and beautiful girl! They were definitely the perfect match.

'Annyeong Min Hye ssi!' Kai suddenly slumped into the seat next to me.

'Annyeong, Kai ssi!' I greeted back and turned back to my novel. I must have been in deep thoughts that I didn't realize the bus had reached the next stop.

'So have you decided?' Kai asked.

'Mwo? Decided on?' I looked at him, confused over his question. Did he ask me any question earlier on?

'The dinner and dance event. Please go with me.' Kai pleaded, showing his aegyo.

'Why me?' I was still puzzled why he invited me to be his partner. I'm sure many other girls would be more than willing to be his other half for the event.

'I am new here. You are one of the few friends I had and you're the only female friend I had. Please don't reject me! Unless you don't treat me as your friend.' he explained.

My heart skipped a beat. This reminded me of him. No wonder they were cousins. Not only they looked alike, their character were almost the same. They just won't give up until I agreed. Just like that time when Taemin seeked my permission to join me in my cake session.

Taemin?!? I looked up and scanned the bus. He was not here today? Was he sick?

'Who are you looking for?' Kai asked as he craned his neck and looked around. 'Are you expecting someone?'

'Aniyo!' I turned back to my book, hiding my eyes with my hair.

I was avoiding him the whole of yesterday even though he might not even notice my presence. Now I was actually looking for him. Just what was I thinking. I knocked my head with my knuckle. Kang Min Hye, didn't you swear by the moon last night that you would forget him? 

Suddenly a force froze my hand action. I turned and saw Kai's hand on my wrist.

'Why are you hitting yourself with your hand?' Kai chuckled.

Why did all these words sound so familiar? Even his smile. Lee Taemin, why were the memories of you still haunting me by your cousin?

'Nothing! Just thought of something silly.' I smiled. I didn't want others to know about Taemin and me. Especially now. I didn't know how to explain our relations. Friends? Classmates? 

'Please do consider my invitation for the dance. I will be waiting for your reply.' he said.

I just smiled plainly. I was also unsure of what to do. Even though I have no partner but I didn't have any intention to go. I told him my reply later then. Just say no. As easy as ABC. At least that what I thought.

Kai just sat by my side as I continued reading my book. Kai accompanied me all the way from the ride and walked to school.

'Who is that walking next to Kai?' Girl 1 said.

'She is the nerdy girl who is in the same class as Taemin, Key and Minho.' Girl 2 answered.

'Are you sure? She don't look nerdy to me.' Girl 1 questioned.

'She...' The girls continued their discussion like I was absent. But I could hear them clearly.

Ever since I changed my outlook, I could hear people discussing about my look. This did make me feel uneasy. I decided to change as I wanted a change of feeling. I wanted to throw away the old me so I told Eun Hee that day at the mall. Her response was full excitement and enthusiasm.

**************

Flashback 

'I will be your image consultant today.' Eun Hee announced.

'I..' I wanted to say I just want a change of wardrobe but she hushed me.

'Shh.. Let me see! Hmmm!' She scanned me from top to toe.

I fidgeted nervously, shifting my weight from one to the other. I felt like I was being x-ray by her big serious eyes. 

'Aha!' She suddenly exclaimed, hitting her fist onto her palm. 'Kaja!' She grabbed my wrist and dragged me along.

'where are we going?' I asked, hesitated. A feeling of uneasiness filled me. Ok, this was not good.

'Trust me!' She declared, looking straight into my eyes and I found myself being brought towards the saloon.

End of flashback

**********************

As a result, I had a haircut and not only that, she brought me to buy a lot of clothes that was fitting and bright, neon green, pink, red... Colours that was non-existent in my wardrobe. Shorts was SHORT and skirts... She even asked me to wear contact lens but I managed to change her mind and settled for a new frame instead.

Now I was wearing the new pink top with the black shorts. 

A guy whistled, making me froze in my path. I should have wear my knee length skirt but I was afraid my mum would threaten to throw my clothes. 

A hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me. I looked to my right and Kai gave me a assuring smile. I felt heat raising in my face ad I turned away.

'Annyeong Min Hye!' a sweet voice called and I turned 180 degree to look at the caller.

I saw Hannah smiling at me and next to her was Taemin. He had a shocked look on his face. Wae? A gentle force on my shoulder made me realize how close Kai and I was. I immediately stepped one step away from him, releasing his hand on my shoulder. I looked at Hannah who was now walking toward us, her hand pulling Taemin's hand. A suffocating pain rose in my chest just then. I forced my gaze away from their finger locking hands and looked at Hannah. She was sweet looking a usual with her floral knee length dress. They looked so ... I had to admit, they looked so compatible.

'Annyeong Hannah! Annyeong Taemin ssi.' I greeted and looked at Hannah after a brief look at Taemin.

'Min Hye, is Kai your boyfriend?' Curiosity filled her eyes.

'Aniyo!' I immediately denied.

'But soon she would be my gf.' Kai declared, giving me a wink as I turned to glare at him at his statement.

'Kyaaa! That means Kai is chasing you. That is so sweet. Unlike me, I am the one who asked Taemin to be my boyfriend.' She smiled sweetly at Taemin who smiled back. 'I was so lucky that he didn't have a girlfriend.'

My heart tugged in pain as I watched them. I looked at Hannah, trying my best not to look at Taemin. It was not polite to look at your friend's boyfriend. So Hannah actually confessed to Taemin. I thought it was the opposite.

'Kai ssi, fighting. I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter