New beginnings?

1% chance

“Yunho, my child?” She called out lightly, behind the doors. 

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“I… I cooked you some food, I figured you should be hungry… It’s… your favourite kimchi pancake~”

 

Yunho peeked out of the room slowly… “You know that’s not my favourite…”

 

“I know… but it was the first and last dish that I cooked for you, and him.”

 

“You remembered…” 

 

“Of course, my boy… “

 

“I remember that day… Dad stormed out of the house and Joong was so scared. But you asked him to stay to finish his meal. We all ate that awful kimchi pancake you made in silence…”

 

Both of them laughed at that memory… 

 

“When you first brought him home, I knew how serious you were… Although you are already so big, you still brought him back because you respected us… And I am thankful for that, especially when you know how strict your father is. Of course I got a huge shock as well, but… I can’t stop my son from pursuing his love, right?” Yunho’s mother put her hand on his shoulder softly. “But he’s gone… I’m sorry, I can’t help to bring him back but… can I do something to ease your pain…?”

 

Yunho turned towards his mum and pulled her into his embrace.

 

“This is enough mum… knowing that you supported us…”

 

But I have to go… I have to go to him… I’m sorry mum… 

 

As if she could hear his thoughts, she replied with a smile, “If you really have to go, go. But please. Come back. There are still people here who love you. Who cares for you. And would wait for you…So please. Promise me you’ll return.”

 

Yunho nodded. But he knows… it is a promise that he may not be able to keep… 

 

Just then, the doorbell rang…

 

“Oh, eomeoni~”  Yuri greeted as she stepped into Yunho’s house. 

 

“Oh Yuri ah~ Come on in…” 

 

“You stayed over with Yunho oppa?” 

 

“Yes…”

 

“Is… he in?” Yuri asked slowly, sensing something wrong. 

 

“Come here Yuri…” She held Yuri’s hand and led her to sit down beside her. 

 

“I’m sorry… I let him go.” 

 

Yuri’s eyes widened and tears started to well up in her big eyes. 

 

“I know how much you have done for him these years and I am really thankful. But… as a mother, I can’t bear to see him in so much pain… Maybe you’ll hate me for this… But I believe that this is the best decision for the both of you…” 

 

“Eomeoni…” Yuri finally broke down in tears and hugged her tightly… 

 

“I knew… I knew all along that his heart wasn’t with me… but I still stayed with him because I thought that one day, maybe one day he will finally forget him... but I still lost… I still lost to him… someone who no longer exists…”

 

“That’s the thing...There are special people in our lives who never leave us .... even after they are gone.” Yunho’s mother said softly.

 

“Thanks for comforting me…I… I’ll go talk to him.” Yuri smiled faintly and wiped her tears away before going into Yunho’s room.

 

“Done packing~?” Yuri said as she walked into the room slowly, trying to sound as cheerful as she can. 

 

“Oh Yuri ah… I…” Yunho knelt down in front of her slowly, holding her hands in his… "Yuri ah, I really am thankful towards you, if you didn't save me that day, I wouldn't be here now. All the time and effort you have spent on me. And all the love that you've showered me with… I'm really thankful for that. But I can't lie to you anymore…" 

 

" I know. I know… but oppa, both you and I know that some things are out of our control isn't it? I chose to fall in love with you. I chose to devote my time and effort to you. Although it didn't work out, at least I've tried… and I don't regret it…" Yuri smiled at Yunho while wiping his tears off his cheeks. 

 

"I don't know what to say… I don't deserve someone like you…" 

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to say anything… I heard from your mother… I’ll let you go too. But please… please take care of yourself. Not for anyone.. But for yourself.”

 

"Thank you…and sorry…"  Yunho whispered before giving Yuri one last hug… 

 

"Go. I've done my best and now it's your turn. Don't live with regrets…"  Yuri gave him a light kiss on his cheeks before leaving. “I’m sorry I can’t wish you happiness, but I won’t wish you to suffer as well…” 

 

Yunho nodded and sent Yuri out. 

 

“I---”

 

“If you apologise to me once more, I will hit that pretty face of yours” Yuri joked as she swung her arm in the air. 

 

“Goodbye now… Till we meet again...” 

 

*****************

 

Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing in Prague Airport shortly. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated while we prepare for landing. 

 

"We're finally here, Joong!" Yunho smiled to himself. 

 

Yunho gave his body a good stretch as he dragged his luggage out of the airport. 

 

"Let's see… where is the shuttle transfer…" Yunho glanced around the crowded airport looking for signages to point him to the right place. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Need help?" 

 

A voice called out from behind.

 

"Ah… a Korean! Annyeonghaseyo, yes please! I'm looking for the airport transfer?" 

 

"Oh dear the queue is very long for the transfer now, why not take the private taxi?" 

 

"I heard that it's quite expensive to take a private taxi, so…" 

 

"Hmm.. are you heading to the city? I'm going back to the city too, why not take my car? I'll charge you at a lower price!" 

 

"That would be great! Thanks a lot" Yunho beamed and bowed quickly to thank him. "Right I've not introduced myself, I'm Yunho, Jung Yunho" 

 

"And I'm Kim Heechul. Come on, let's get going now!" 

 

*****************

 

"We're he---" Heechul called out but stopped as he noticed Yunho sound asleep. 

 

He slowly stretched his hands out towards him and waved in front of him. "Seems like he's really dead asleep… how can he trust me that much to fall asleep in a stranger's car in a foreign country~" 

 

Heechul bit his lips and shifted closer to Yunho, stretching his arm out again.

 

Just then, Yunho jumped.

 

"OH OH!!??" Heechul shouted. 

 

"Oh sorry, did I startle you?" Yunho mumbled, half awake.

 

"Oh… oh. Ahem… It's okay~ we're here." Heechul cleared his throat awkwardly. 

 

"I see, wait-- this is not my---" 

 

"It is…" Heechul sighed.

 

"No, I'm getting to---"

 

"Just get down." Heechul sighed again and pushed him to get out of the car. "Go!" 

 

Yunho, feeling frustrated, got down the car with no choice. "Well, thank you anyway for getting me to the city~" 

 

"Have fun~" Heehul called out from inside the car and sped off. 

 

"You can thank me later~" Heechul commented under his breath. 

 

"Sigh~" Yunho sighed as he his phone to check where he is. "I'm here… so I have to go left… no right…. AH!" 

 

Yunho's phone dropped on the floor as he bumped into someone. 

 

"S--sorry!" Yunho tried to apologise in English while picking his phone up. 

 

"It’s alright~" 

 

This voice. Even though it's in English, I recognise it. 

 

Yunho raised his head quickly and he was right.

 

"You're here…" He smiled happily. "We're finally here Joong~ although we're lost now, I'll get us to our hotel! Let's see…"

 

"Are you drunk?" 

 

"What… of course not! But you know my sense of direction right~" Yunho winked and placed his arm over his shoulder.

 

But he brushed Yunho's hands off.

 

"Alright alright don't be angry baby~ I'll focus on finding the right way alright?" Yunho commented as he went back to his phone to check for directions. 

 

"I don't know you." He replied coldly. 

 

"Joong ah, what are you…" 

 

Wait… This…. Is this... not my hallucination? 

 

Yunho gave himself a slap on his face and looked up again. 

 

He's there. He's still there. Looking right at him. But what is going on? 

 

"Are you alright, sir?" He looked at him, concerned. 

 

"What on earth….? You look exactly like my… my… dear friend…"  Yunho held his tongue, afraid that he would scare him away if he told him the truth. 

 

"Oh… well, I have a common face I guess. You alright? Are you lost? Did someone scam you and dropped you here?" 

 

Well, that person really did drop me at the right spot. 

 

Yunho smiled but before he could reply, he could feel his head spinning. 

 

No… not now… wait wait wait….