The "first" encounter

1% chance

“... I have fought off cancer and became the successful me today! If I can do it, you can do it too!” 

 

“BRAVO!!” The audience stood up unanimously and applauded as yunho ended his speech. 

 

“That was a good one! The audience loved you!” Yuri beamed at him as he walk down the stage. 

 

“I don’t need the audience to love me~ I only need yours…” Yunho winked at her. 

 

“Hul~ stop lying! Since when do you love me this much~” 

 

She’s right… Yunho took her hands guiltily, “Let’s have a good meal tonight. My treat!” 

 

“Awesome! Let’s go now!” 

 

“I… have something to settle. Shall we meet at the restaurant at… say… 7pm?”

 

“Arraseo~” She nodded reluctantly. 

 

----------------

 

“Good evening! Can you do me a favour?” Yunho slipped a diamond ring towards the manager. “Can you help to hide this in the lady’s food later?”

 

“Ah a proposal! Sure sure! Good luck to you!” He patted Yunho’s shoulder before walking off. 

 

“Ah~~~ tsk. Why did he pat my shoulders… it’ll bring me bad luck…” 

 

Yunho walked over to his table and began rehearsing… 

 

“Ahem. Yuri… Miss Yuri… No no. My dear… we have known each other for so long and… no. Too cheesy. My dear, will you marry me? Will you be mine? Ah~!!!! I should have prepared earlier! Gah~” 

 

“What are you doing? Not ordering yet? I’m famished!” 

 

Yunho looked up immediately, with a look of disbelief. 

 

“I’ve decided! I’m going to order lobster salad and a sirloin steak~! You?”

 

“What the… how on earth… what are you doing here?!” Yunho replied, almost shouting. 

 

“What why? What’s wrong? You look like you’re going to cry ---”

 

“OF COURSE I AM! What ---”

 

“Is everything alright sir?”

 

Yunho turned face to face with the manager and grabbed him by the collar. “See that person there?--- ” Yunho let go of him and stood up scanning the restaurant. 

 

“Who?” The manager looked at him quizzically. 

 

“That person! Sitting right opposite me…right there---” Yunho slumped back into his chair and took deep breaths to calm himself down. 

 

Am I dreaming? What the hell is wrong with me… He gulped down a glass of water and loosened his tie to catch some air. 

 

“Do you need help?” 

 

Why is he still here?! Yunho looked at him annoyingly, but still replied to him with a smile. I’m sort of a public figure afterall~  “No thanks. Sorry for the commotion.” 

 

The manager smiled wryly and went back to the kitchen. 

 

“Oppa! Sorry I’m late~!” Yuri sat down hurriedly. “There was a huge jam! Have you ordered?”

 

“I uh--- uh no. Of course not. How could I order without you?” 

 

“Good boy~ Let’s see what they have here… What are you having? Oppa?”

 

But Yunho’s attention was not on her, he was still scanning around the restaurant in case that person reappears… 

 

“Oppa! Oppa?!” Yuri reached out to shake his hand, for attention. 

 

“Oh! Oh~ sorry. I thought I saw someone I know. So have you decided?” 

 

“Yup! I’m going to have lobster salad and sirloin steak!” 

 

Lobster salad and sirloin steak. Lobster salad and sirloin steak. Lobster salad and sirloin steak. 

 

These words started ringing like sirens screeching in his mind.

 

“Gah!” He held his head in his hands and started rubbing his forehead. 

 

“Oppa! You alright?!” Yuri walked over to him. 

 

“I… I think we better go. I don’t… I don’t feel quite well I’m sorry…Let’s go.” 

 

Yunho grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the restaurant, flagged a cab for her hurriedly and shoved her in. “I’ll call you later alright? Sorry about this. Text me when you’re home!” 

 

“But… oppa…!” 

 

Yunho started walking back to his car before Yuri could protest. “What’s wrong with him…” 

 

Yunho got into the car and sped home. 

 

He fumbled to open the door, ran into the storage room and tore the sealed carton boxes open. 

 

But before he could reach the content inside, his legs gave way… 

 

His vision blurred as he fell to the ground… 

 

----------------




“Do you remember what happened after that?”

 

“I woke up in my bed and… the boxes were in the storage room… like I’ve never touched them…” 

 

“And that was what? The first time you saw that person? After how many years?”

 

“Five… Five years.” 

 

“Can you maybe tell me more about this person?”

 

“That person… is my ex.” 

 

“I see. So… what happened? Did something remind you of that person?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Do you think you still miss that person?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Do you think that you imagined that person?” 

 

“I don’t know!!!! You’re the therapist! You tell me!” 

 

“Okay. I understand that you’re under a lot of stress but I need you to calm down… Take deep breaths… Alright? We can stop if you wish to.”

 

“No. I want to continue.”

 

“Do you think you want to meet up with her and talk about it?”

 

Yunho looked up at her and laughed softly… “That’s the main problem…”

 

“Okay one last question, what do you want to achieve out of these sessions?”

 

“I guess… I want to stop seeing that person…stop all the hallucinations...I feel like I… I will go crazy if this doesn’t stop...”