You

1% chance

“So, you managed to talk it out with her?”

 

“I didn’t…” Yunho replied simply.

 

“It’s alright, it takes time. In the meanwhile, you can maybe think of what you would tell her when you meet her?”

 

“No.”

 

“Sorry?”

 

“No… we can’t.”

 

“Alright… if you don’t want to do it today, maybe we can-”

 

“That person is dead.”

 

“Wha-”

 

“I’m sorry I didn't tell you this in the first place. I was afraid that you would think that I’m crazy… that I… that I lost my mind… I… I was afraid…”

 

Soo Jin took a deep breath to process what she just heard… 

 

“Maybe… maybe what you were really afraid of is admitting that she’s dead… and maybe you were hoping that she’s alive, somewhere, out there?”

 

Yunho smiled at that… “Maybe… maybe…”

 

“Well, I know how hard it is to lose someone we love… it’s never easy. And it’s never easy accepting it either. Sometimes when we think that we have gotten past it, sometimes we think that it doesn’t hurt anymore, but it does… it always does.”

 

“Thank you… I really don’t know what to say now…”  

 

“Then perhaps you can think about what you want to do? And when you are finally ready, you can swing by anytime...” 

 

“Yes… That would be very useful… Thank you, once again.”

 

Yunho got into the car, started the engine, and drove off… to where? He had no idea. 

 

Half an hour into his drive, his vision started to get blurry… he wiped his eyes, thinking that it was the tears, but it was not…

 

Wake up Yunho… focus. Focus. FOCUS. 

 

Before anything, he felt a strong force from the rear of his car and he started to lose his consciousness… bit… by bit. 

 

Maybe… this is how it should have ended…  to finally…  be with you. 

 

***************** 

 

“Stop the car. I said stop the car!!”

 

“I won’t.  I will not. If I stop the car you will leave.”

 

“Yunho please! You are putting both of us in danger!”

 

“I would rather both of us die together than to leave you!”

 

“Jung Yunho! Please calm down! This won’t change anything…” 

 

“We can leave this place. Together.”

 

“You know that we can’t.”

 

“Hell yes we can. And no one is going to stop us. No one.”

 

“Yunho please, I’m begging you… knowing that you love me, is enough for me…”

 

“But it’s not for me! It’s not! I love you, I LOVE YOU! I want us to be together!”

 

“I know you do, but right now, what I need to hear are not those three words! Our love is not enough to get us through all these! Please, just stop the car and we can talk about it.”

 

“No! No, I won’t. I would rather die than---”

 

“Watch out!!!!”

 

***************** 

 

“Patient’s awake.” 

 

“Oh my god Yunho…” Yuri rushed to his side. “Can you hear me?”

 

“Please give the doctor some space.” The nurse quipped as she pulled Yuri away.

 

“Jung Yunho, can you hear me?” The doctor said calmly. 

 

He nodded.

 

“Can you see the light?”

 

He nodded again.

 

“Good. I will need to speak to his family members.”

 

“That’ll be me.” Yuri raised her hand. “His… his parents are in America. I’m… his guardian.”

 

“Right. Follow me.”

 

“Rest well my dear, I’ll be back…” Yuri bent to give a kiss on his forehead before leaving… 



***************** 

 

“Tumor?! How could that be? He has always been eating healthy and I have been monitoring his health as well… How could this happen?!”

 

“There are various reasons as to why his cancer recurred. But from the initial check, we have found tumors in his brain. We will need to do more checks to confirm if it is benign or malignant. If it is malignant, it is highly possible due to his lung cancer that he recovered from a few years back.” 

 

“Then get it done.”

 

***************** 

 

“Why are you in the hospital again?”

 

“I… I think my cancer may have relapsed…”

 

“We won the fight the first time. We can do it again.”

 

“But this time, there is no we…”

 

“Yunho… you still have Yuri by your side don’t you?”

 

“It’s different. She is not you.”

 

“But I am not there. She is. And she can help you through this…”

 

“No. You don’t understand… I thought I could forget you but I can’t, I really can’t…” 

 

“You have to! You have to survive this no matter what. I will not forgive you if you don’t pull yourself together.”

 

“Why should I?! I don’t need anything in this world. I just need you. I just need you! Even if that means death.”

 

“You don’t know what you’re saying…”

 

“I’m sorry I said those words to you before the crash… I shouldn’t have said that I would rather die… I caused your death. I killed you.”

 

“Don’t say that. It was an accident.”

 

“No. If I swerved in time, then you --- no, if I didn’t speed and drive recklessly then…”

 

“Stop. Just stop… It’s over… no matter how much you blame yourself, nothing will change…” 

 

“I’m sorry… Please… Come back to me…” 

 

“ I’m leaving. I never should have come.”

 

“Don’t. Please don’t go.”

 

“Did you stop the car when I asked you to? Did you?! I begged you, Yunho, I begged you! You killed me. And now, you. Live in guilt. Forever.”

 

“No please. Please stop. Stop! Don’t---”

 

***************** 

 

“Patient is having a seizure!”

 

“. Yunho!”

 

“Please wait outside”

 

“Yunho please be alright…” Yuri paced outside his ward nervously.

 

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, the door opened again. 

 

“He’s fine. But we will need to monitor him closely. I know it’s hard but do give him plenty of time to rest.”

 

“Thank you. Thank you!”

 

She rushed in immediately and sat beside him…

 

“Thank god… you made it... please, don’t scare me like that again…”