Memories

1% chance

“Hi~ Good to see you back here again…”

 

“Yeah… I just wanted to tell you that I know why I kept having those hallucinations... “

 

Soo Jin nodded slowly, not asking any questions. 

 

“I’ve cancer. Here.” Yunho jabbed his head slowly. “I guess I sort of knew… How could a cancer patient not know how it’s like, right?”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that… But you said you had cancer before, I believe that you could--- ”

 

“Don’t be. Don’t be. I’ve come to terms with it and… I just wanted to have a closure with you. That’s all. And, I have no thoughts of curing it this time round… I’ve lost my only motivation to do this again.”

 

“Well, she must be someone amazing to help you through it all, but there must be something or someone out there who can pull you through…”

 

“No… No. No one can be as important. It's alright… at least I can be at ease now." Yunho took a deep breath and stood up slowly. "Well then, I guess I should get going. Thank you for all your help during this period of time.” 

 

“You’re most welcome. I didn’t even do much~”

 

“Well, You’re the only one who knows what’s going on in my life... “

 

Soo Jin smiled at that. “It doesn’t have to be this way… I hope you can find someone as special as she is.”

 

“You know… actually my ex… is a he.”

 

“He? You mean--- ”

 

Yunho looked up and smiled calmly… “Yes… and that will be the final thing that I was hiding from you. My ex… is a guy… “

 

“I see… Why didn’t you---”

 

“Maybe I was scared of getting judged? But anyway, it feels good to let it all out now… “

 

“Thank you… for opening up to me even if it is at your last session. And I would never have judged you… love has no boundaries and it’s never easy finding someone you love so much. He is a lucky guy to have met you. And so are you.”

 

“Yeah… especially me.”

 

Yunho gave one final bow and headed out… he drove on again, although he knows it’s dangerous but he wants to get there, right now, on his own… while he still can… 

 

Wait for me… I’ll be there soon, Joong. 

 

*****************

 

“It’s good to be finally here again…” Yunho sighed as he sat down on the grass and leaned against the tombstone.

 

He slid his hands across the stone and traced the words on it slowly… “Kim… Jae… Joong… How long have I not called that name… your name…” 

 

“Who would have known that things will end up this way…? If I had known, I would have jumped down from the hospital building that day when you left me… I was a coward… I should have just died…If Yuri didn’t stop me… I would be lying beside you now… fate has a funny way of coming around, isn’t it? What do I do now…? Tell me… please…” 

 

“Live your life.”

 

Yunho smiled. He’s lying on his legs looking right up at him… 

 

“Joong… I’ve missed you so much, I didn’t know that you can miss someone this much…” 

 

“I missed you too…” Jaejoong reached up to wipe his tears away.

 

“This hand… this warmth…” Yunho grabbed onto his hand once again, afraid that he would disappear again… 

 

“Let’s travel.”

 

“Travel?”

 

“That’s what you said you wanted to do isn’t it? Get out of the country, where no one can find us…” 

 

“Right, that’s what we’ll do.”

 

*****************

 

“Yunho you're finally back!” 

 

“What are you doing here?” Yunho replied coldly. 

 

“Why didn't you tell us that you're sick?!” Yunho's father shouted at him. 

 

“What could you have done?” 

 

“Don't be rude to your father…” Yunho's mum tried to calm the both of them down. 

 

“I'm kind enough to let you stand in my living room…” Yunho quipped and disappeared into the storage room.

 

“What are you doing?! We're trying to talk to you--- what are all these boxes?!”

 

“Doesn't matter, dad. Move, I need to look for my luggage.” 

 

“Luggage?! Where are you going in this condition?! Have you gotten the doctor's approval?!” 

 

“I'm not a kid anymore… and I'm dying anyway.” 

 

“Don't say that to us! We're your parents… we care for you.” Yunho's mother said, her voice breaking… on the verge of tears. 

 

“Care for me?! If you cared for me, you wouldn't try to break us apart.” 

 

“That again.” 

 

“Yes, THAT again, dad. You want to know what's in these boxes? I'll show you. I'm not going to hide them anymore.” 

 

He reached for one of the many boxes, tore it open and emptied its content. Photos after photos fluttered out from the box… photos of him smiling, laughing, cooking, eating, drinking, sleeping, walking, running, stoning, crying, cheering, lying on his leg, in his arms, kissing him, feeding him, teasing him… 

 

“WHAT THE HELL---” Yunho’s dad flew in rage. “I can’t believe after all these years you still kept them! Get rid of them this instance!!”

 

“Go ahead.” Yunho smiled. “I don’t need them anymore… I’m leaving with him.”

 

“Yunho ah… What are you…”

 

“I’m travelling. With him.” Yunho repeated as he pulled his luggage out of the storage room. 

 

“You must be out of your mind…” 

 

“Yes dad… I am… Not only that, there are things growing in my brain as well… How about that?”

 

“You’re not going anywhere.”

 

“Yes I am. And this time, don’t even think of stopping me. I need to go with him”

 

“Don’t do this…” 

 

“Joong… we don’t have to bother about what they say anymore… I’m dying anyway…”

 

“Who are you talking to?” Yunho's dad demanded. 

 

“And you were the one who asked me to live my life. Isn’t it?! Are you backing out now?”

 

“Yunho dear, you’re scaring me… Please talk to me…” Yunho’s mum said, her voice trembling. 

 

“I’m not backing out, but let’s do this the right way, alright? Try to convince them and---”

 

“There is no way we can do that and you know it. We tried this, we tried to ask for their approval for us to date and--- did you forget how they treated you?!”

 

“Stop right this instance!!!” 

 

“Shut up, dad!”

 

“Please don’t treat your dad this way, Yunho, you’re scaring me.”

 

“Sorry Joong, but this is the only---”

 

*Slap*

 

“Hubby!!!” Yunho’s mum rushed towards Yunho to check on his now reddened cheek.

 

“Go.”

 

“Yunho please…” His mum begged.

 

“Just go. The both of you.” Yunho repeated coldly, marched back into his room and slammed the door. 

 

“We shouldn't have come.” His father quipped. “He is not only ill. He’s out of his mind.” 

 

“I’ll stay.” 

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll stay with our son. He clearly needs someone to be by his side. How can a mother leave her son when he is in so much pain?”

 

“Suit yourself. I’m leaving.” He too, marched out of the house and slammed the door shut.