Can I trust you?

1% chance

“Good and bad news. The number of tumors did not increase and it didn't spread to other places. But the tumors are at locations that are not accessible for surgery. So we will have to go through with radiation therapy.”

 

Yunho nodded solemnly. 

 

“You already know how it will go… so I shall not go into details. But, you need to know that it won't be easy this time as we are dealing with the brain. You will get fatigue easily and travelling back and forth for treatments will also take a toll on your body. You sure you don’t want to stay in the hospital?”

 

Yunho shook his head, “If I were to stay here, he will be very worried…” 

 

“Where’s Jae--- I mean Yunjae? He wouldn't leave you here, knowing that you---”

 

Chang Min stopped and studied Yunho’s expression… 

 

“You didn’t tell him the truth... Sigh… I don’t know what to say… But I believe you know what's best for both of you…take a rest, I’ll come back later.” 

 

Yunho nodded, avoiding eye contact with Chang Min. 

 

*************

 

“Hi… you must be Yunjae?”

 

Yunjae nodded nervously as he gestured to the guy in front of him to sit down. 

 

“Great, let’s get started then. I have all the things Mr Jung asked me to look into. Your family history, background and also your own information since young.” The guy passed a thick envelope to him slowly. 

 

“Thank you.” Yunjae took it over nervously. 

 

He sat for a long time alone before gathering courage to open the envelope. He read through all the documents carefully and let out a deep sigh after reading them… 

 

“Seems like I led a hard life~ no parents, no family, never dated, took up many part time jobs…. I guess that's a good thing too! Means I can start afresh~" 

 

Yunjae took another deep breath, stood up slowly and strolled back to the hospital…

 

*************

 

"You're back!" Yunho sat up quickly as Yunjae entered the ward.

 

"Mm~ I got to learn all about myself today…" 

 

"Come here~" Yunho called him over but afraid to meet his eyes. 

 

Yunjae walked towards him and laid down on Yunho's legs. 

 

"Yun…jae ah…" 

 

"Let me lie here for a while…" he closed his eyes and took a deep breath… 

 

“I’m… sorry…”

 

“Hmm? What are you sorry for~?” 

 

Everything… 

 

“Ah… what…” Yunjae opened his eyes as he felt a drop of water on his face. “Are you crying?!” 

 

“O...oh… no… I just, maybe I slept too much, my eyes are a bit irritated now…” 

 

“That’s good... I hate to see people cry~” Yunjae raised his arm up to touch his face gently, tracing his features slowly… 

 

Yunho stayed still as he felt the warmth of his hand on his face… 

 

“So handsome~” Yunho sighed as he traced Jaejoong’s features through the glass door. 

 

“Look, it’s him again…” 

 

“Who?” Jaejoong frowned as he looked towards Yunho’s direction.

 

He waved excitedly when he saw Jaejoong look in his direction.

 

“...” Jaejoong looked away, without giving any reactions. 

 

“Well, you’re so handsome~ no wonder you are so popular with both genders!” Jaejoong’s colleague teased. “Many ladies are just here to see you... I wonder if they even know what they’re eating~” 

 

“Shut up…”

 

“Alright… alright…you’re so boring~! I’m knocking off! Remember to clear the thrash before you lockup!”

 

“Ok...” Jaejoong nodded and started to pack. 

 

“Yah you!” A voice shouted behind Jaejoong as he put the thrash out. 

 

Jaejoong turned around slowly, “Who… are you?”

 

“My girlfriend has been frequenting your cafe…”

 

“It’s not my cafe.”

 

“That’s not the point! And I came to realise that it’s because of you. It must be their marketing gimmick to place such a pretty boy at the counter uh?” He walked towards Jaejoong and grabbed hold of his chin.

 

“Let go.”

 

“What if I don’t? Are you going to fight me? Huh, pretty boy?”

 

“He said let go.” Yunho came up from behind. 

 

“And who might you be?”

 

“Me? Well I should say that I am one of those who visits the cafe everyday to look at him~”

 

“What?! You disgusting gay!!”

 

“What do you mean by disgusting gay?! How is being a gay disgusting, you!!” Yunho swung a punch at him. 

 

“Ouch?” He said sarcastically and threw a punch back at Yunho, sending him flying to the ground. 

 

“Jung Yunho-ssi!” Jaejoong rushed towards him. “You alright?!” 

 

“So embarrassing…” Yunho smiled wryly. 

 

“You disgusting---” Just when he was going to throw another punch, Jaejoong stood up and grabbed hold of his arm. 

 

“I think that is enough.” Jaejoong warned as he twisted his arm in an odd angle. 

 

“YAH YAH LET GO!”

 

“Yeah yeah get him, Jaejoong!” Yunho cheered on as he hid behind him. “Don’t come running here when you can’t control your own girlfriend!”

 

“Get lost.” Jaejoong said as he pushed him to the ground. “And apologise to him.”

 

“Why should I--- AH” He fell back to the ground as his knee buckled after Jaejoong kicked him in the side of his knees. 

 

“Say it.” 

 

“OK OK. S---sorry! Happy?!”

 

“Run along now~” Yunho said as he peeked behind Jaejoong. 

 

The man stood up and walked off shouting, “WATCH OUT! I will not let this go!”

 

“BLEH. Bring it on!”

 

“Childish…” 

 

“What… did you just call me childish~? After all that I did for you?” Yunho slumped to the ground. 

 

Jaejoong looked down slowly, “You crying?” He asked as he noticed Yunho’s shoulders moving up and down. “I hate seeing people cry… take this.” 

 

Jaejoong squatted down to pass his handkerchief to him, only to see Yunho laughing… 

 

“You!”

 

“I’m happy~ you actually remembered my name! Jung Yunho-ssi!” Yunho beamed as he mimicked Jaejoong.

 

“...” 

 

“Oh come on~ we are in our twenties! It’s the time to enjoy life and have fun! Why are you always so serious?!” 

 

Jaejoong sighed as he sat on the ground, “There’s nothing worth smiling about anyway…” 

 

Yunho shifted himself to face Jaejoong, “Well, let me give you a reason to smile then. I will bring the spark back to your eyes.” 

 

“You must be mad…” 

 

Yunho laughed at that memory… 

 

“Hmm? What’s so funny?”

 

“Nothing~ I just got reminded of something that happened in the past…” 

 

“Oh…” Yunjae sat up slowly, feeling uneasy seeing the smile on Yunho’s face. 

 

I’ve never seen him laugh like that before… 

 

“Are you feeling better?”

 

Yunjae nodded, without saying anything. 

 

Yunho pulled him into his embrace and let out a long sigh… “Yunjae ah… I love you…I know that you are still taking in everything that is happening now, trying to figure out who you are and recovering your memory… but I will be here with you… just come to me if you’re having a hard time, alright?”

 

Yunjae nodded again… 

 

I… want to trust you… I can trust you...right?