Rise

Beautiful Delusion

music, listen if you want
(right click>open link in new tab)

-----

You flick the lantern on as you bring your knees up to your chin, processing what just happened. Your gift. Youngjae had spent the rest of the evening explaining by a campfire while the others had fun.
The guys had come back to join in sitting by the fire and you left to change into something more comfortable.

You spot a pebble sitting by the edge of the tent and shift your weight. Concentrating, you watch as the pebble rises off the ground, no higher than a centimetre, then drops. All you.You aren't very good at it yet, actually, you aren't good at it at all yet, but you know the basics and had spent atleast 2 hours practising lifting pebbles with Youngjae gaping at your side.

---

"I can't believe this" Youngjae might as well be jumping with joy

"I don't think you understand how huge this is, Sunghee" he sets himself down on a blue portable chair and you take seat on the one facing.

"Youngjae, just calm down, please. You're not telling me anything, what is it?" You say impatiently.

Youngjae leans back into his chair and takes a long look at you, piercing his smug dark eyes on you. You shift under his stare and turn your head to look at your feet, flushing.

He sighs and leans forward, placing his elbows on his knees. "Control of elements, Sunghee. Earth, water, wind. That's your gift" You in breath and stop a smile from forming on your face.

You could control elements. This couldn't get any cooler. Snapping back into focus, you lock eyes with Youngjae. If that was it, why was he so giddy about it?

"And?" You say cooly and Youngjae puts on a playful smile.

"That's where it get interesting" he says, leaning back into his chair, he crosses his arm and smirks at you. "There's only one other vamp in this world who posesses that gift, you wanna know which one?"

You gulp and stare back, tightening your mouth into a straight line, you brace yourself. Youngjae gets up and approaches you, closing the distance between you two in three steps. He places his hands on the arm rests on either side of you, and bends over, leaning over your comfort zone until he's close enough that you can feel his icy breath tickle your skin. He smiles smugly and you hold your breath.

"Hyosung" he whispers so that his breath touches your skin. 

You stare back, stuck in your chair as you dig through your memories, trying to recall what Yongguk had told you about Hyosung until you push Youngjae away from you and rise to your feet.

You had the same gift as your own leader.

---

You pull your head through the opening of your sweatshirt and breathe a sigh. You flick the lantern off and the tent, and peek through the flap. The boys don't seem to be in sight so you zip the opening back up and start to make your way towards the lake.

You barely got to explore around and you needed some time alone. Plus, you knew your way back and you'd be at the campfire before the boys realize you're gone.

You make your way through the same rocky terrain as before, enjoying the peacefulness of the forest, when the lake comes in view.  You walk towards it, admiring the moonlight reflecting off the surface of the soft waves. 

Walking along the shore, you look for a smooth enough rock to sit on and watch the scenery, finding one you approach it and lift your weight onto it.

You stare out into the lake and relax. You haven't felt this great in a while and you breathe in the scent of nature as you drift into solemnity. The lake went so far off that it hit the horizon and you wonder if you could float away in it. You wonder if you could feel like this forever and just drift away, away from the confusion and emotions and adrenaline that you weren't used to, away from the unreal-ness of it all. You just sit there for a while.

How long have you been here? You hope not too long or the boys would get worried. You snap back into reality and lift your watch into vision.

"!" How has it been 20 minutes?! Had you dosed off? You climb off the rock and jog your way back into the forest.

You walk through the trees for a while until you realize you don't recognize where your going. You start to panic now.
*Where's the campsite?* You could be anywhere in this huge forest.
You pick up speed, tripping over rocks and branches. Where had your stability gone? Were you panicking too much?

You regain hope as you see light through the trees and sprint towards it.

The lake. You'd gone in a circle. You sigh as your willpower gets thrown out the window and find your way back to the rock.
*Idiot! You should've just stayed at the campsite*

You stare into the lake again, seriously considering floating away this time when a sound goes off behind you and you turn around to face a shadowy figure.

-----

Helllllo!
You guys I'm really sorry for being the biggest ever TT TT schoolwork piles up more and more everyday, and the only time I can find to write is when I get free time in english class TT TT

But anyways, thank you for all of the comments and subscriptions, you guys drill me to write more chapters! <3
I'll update ASAP!

-Isabelle'