2010

Lovers on A Leash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was digging through the pile of clothes that had already formed on my dorm room floor. I needed something trashy enough to get me through to this party that I just knew everyone would be at. Anyone important that is.

Year was 2010 and I, Song Yiseo, was a freshman in the Finance and Banking Department. But I was far more interested in all the beginning-of-the-year parties around the campus than I was in the syllabus. Boys, alcohol and – these were the three things that were mainly on my mind.

“Could you be any louder than that?”

Right. Housemate.

“Hey! Can’t you hear me? Quiet down, please!”

I ignored her. As always.

“Song Yiseo, I swear to God!” And there she was in the doorstep, arms crossed over her chest, a deep crease digging between her brows. “God, you live in a pigsty!”

“Sorry that my mommy can’t come clean up after me every ing day,” I rolled my eyes while trying to match my jeans with a trashy top.

“You’re going to that party?”

“What party? Yeah, I am,” I exhaled after seeing her cocked eyebrow. “You?”

“As if!” Who the hell flips their hair like that?! “I compared to some, do not want to be know all around the campus as a .”

“And why is that? Oh, right, because you’d only be repeating what you’ve done during high school,” I finally decided on a top and began to strip. “You like what you see?” I smirked, posing under my shocked housemate.

“Song Yiseo!”

“Jung Krystal!”

“Oh, screw you! Just don’t bring any idiots around. I have classes in the morning.”

“I promise I won’t try very hard,” I laughed on my way out, my high heels clicking against the floor.

Year was 2010 and it was so much easy to forget that I, Song Yiseo, had witnessed my mother’s death than deal with all the pain that was threatening to gush out of her chest. Mostly because alcohol was always coming free after a smile a little exposed skin.

I remember that night with all its blurry moments. The music was loud, and the alcohol was coming in green bottles. Everyone was there, important or not. Because everyone wanted to become important.

“C’mon, just a little kiss,” someone begged in my ear, sending my head backwards in laughter. “What?”

“You’re funny,” I poked his shoulder before twirling around to the music. “Let’s dance!”

It was easy to forget who you were on the dance floor, among all those bodies dripping in sweat and pheromones.  Because there I no longer existed, my mind was no longer overcrowded with thoughts and my body was finally relaxing to the hypnotic rhythm of the music.

“Wanna get out of here?” The same someone whispered, tugging on my hand.

“Depends,” I opened my eyes despite having difficulties focusing, “do you have alcohol?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter