Va Bene Così

Lovers on A Leash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

va bene così (it.): the equivalent of the English "this is fine"

“We can’t keep doing this,” she muttered under his lips.

“I know.” And yet his hand went up her thigh. “We really, really shouldn’t be doing this,” he continued, hesitating for a second, eyes darkened with desire. But Song Yiseo looked too alluring to be able to stop his hands from running down her back, her body fitting perfectly in the space between his arms. What they were doing was wrong on so many levels that he no longer bothered feeling guilty. Instead he kissed her rougher, enjoyed her touches on an extra sensorial level.

“Jongin,” her fingers fanned on her chest where his heart was beating heavily.

It was a dance only they knew. Her palm on her chest, next his fingers around her wrist hesitating just a second before pulling it away. A finger under her chin, lifting it up so that she would look him in the eyes.

“Don’t over-complicate this, Chief Song.” And oh yeah, a classic smirk. “I don’t love you.” Word by word, he carefully encrusted them on her heart and in her mind before mercilessly stepping on her. “You’re just easy to be with.”

Oh, he saw it for sure, that one single tear that slipped from the outer corner of her eye right before he kissed her again. But she didn’t push him away. So, he continued to eat at her heart in the darkness of his office, the unlocked door just adding to the danger.

* * * 

He watched her as she slipped back into her own skin, her perfect clothes wrapping that body he had marked as his. The fingers that had just combed through his hair were dexterously buttoning the shirt he took off, zipping pants he had stripped off her. And as she put back the layers he had peeled off, he knew just exactly what she was thinking of. Those words he kept throwing at her, words which ate at all the years they had been together. After all, everyone knew them as this perfect power couple even when they were at their lowest. This was their lowest.

“Yes?” He answered his phone without taking his eyes off her. “I will be right there. No, I didn’t forget I just had something to take care at the office. Sure, I see you there. I love you too.” His words hit her back like spears, piercing through her now fragile armor. “Yiseo –” But his words could no longer soothe her.

“I think we’re done here, Director Kim,” Yiseo looked him dead in the eye. “Looks like you have places to go and I have a meeting that’s starting in five minutes. I’ll let you know on the outcome with our foreign investors.”

“Please do so, Chief Song.”

“Of course,” she agreed, her smile betraying her.

* * * 

It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter