The truth pt.1

Twilight

 "NOOOO SANIE"

Wooyoung watched in horror as San's body dropped to floor with a loud thud. He ran to him, placing a hand on his heart. He was crying so hard he could barely even see San, who weakly placed a hand on Wooyoung's, his breath heavy. Wooyoung turned to Mingi as soon as Joong, Hwa, Yunho and Yeo came through the balcony door. 

"What happened? Why are you yelling Woo-" Joong's eyes fell on San's body on the floor, cutting his sentence short.

"Someone better explain what the hell is going on right now before I'll get pissed." Yeosang said, looking directly at Mingi who seemed silent but at the same time heart broken.

"I-"

"Mingi sh-shot S-sanie." Wooyoung sobbed out.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Yeosang yelled, his hands going for Mingi's neck, only to be stopped by Joong.

"Relax Yeo."

"How can I be relaxed when he ing shot Sanie?!" He made a move towards Mingi again.

Joong caught him by the hand, making Yeo look at him and flushing his yellow eyes at him.

"I said, relax."

Yeo looked at Joong, taking a deep breath and looking at Mingi with a murderous look.

"Explain what the is going on before I kill you."

Mingi didn't look afraid of Yeosang but he did seem to regret shooting San.

"Gi," Yunho said, making Mingi look at him. "What did you do Gi?" Yunho's eyes were filled with tears and it broke Mingi's heart.

"Yun, I-"

"Mingi's not the only one to blame." Jongho said, making everyone look his way.

"W-what do you mean by that Jong?" Wooyoung asked with a shaky voice.

"Choi Jongho you better explain yourself right now before I'll get mad." Seonghwa said looking directly at Jongho.

"There-there's something you should know first." He turned to Wooyoung. "When I first came up with the plan I didn't know you loved him so much Woo and I'm so, so sorry."

"I don't want your apologies, I want an explanation. Now." Wooyoung said, his hand still in Sanie's heart feeling the faint heartbeat.

"You remember when we went looking for Yunho? That night when he was attacked?" Wooyoung nodded while Yunho looked confused.

"Why did you look for me the night I was attacked?? Did you know I would get attacked??"

"I'll explain later," Jongho said. "Anyway, I told I smelled something wrong and I went searching for it. I followed the scent until it stopped and I couldn't find it no more, so I came back to you. That was until I smelled it again the day you went to eat ice cream with San. I smelled the same rain and woods scent I did that night. And when you told me he walked you home, I started spying on you two making sure you were okay. But after you came home one day, smelling of rain and forests after being on a date with San I knew it was him." He took a deep breath. "He was the demon who attacked Yunho that night." 

There was a silent pause, Jongho waited for someone to say something but no one did. Yunho was too confused to talk and the rest didn't seem surprised by that statement. Wooyoung took a deep breath, looking at Jongho with tear stained face.

"I knew that already." 

"Wha- you knew??" Jongho was shook.

"Yes, yes I did." 

"Did you all know this too? Cause you seem way too calm to know nothing." He turned to Seonghwa, Hongjoong and Yeosang.

They exchanged looks.

"I think it's time to tell them." Seonghwa said and Joong and Yeo nodded.

"T-tell us what?" Wooyoung asked.

"It's-"

Seonghwa was cut short when San started breathing heavier, his eyes slowly closing.

"San? San stay with me! Pls don't fall asleep just stay with me!"

San looked at Wooyoung and slowly lifted his hand to his cheek.

"I-I love you angel, I really do. I just wanted to spend my entire life with you, get a house, start a family." He wipped Wooyoung's tears away. "I wanted to invite Seonghwa and Joong and go on double dates. I wanted us to hang out with everyone." San's voice broke. "I wanted you, that's all I ever needed. Just you, my angel. My actual guardian angel, the love of my life, my one true mate. I'm so sorry this happened, it was all my fault."

Wooyoung was sobbing hard, almost choking on his tears. Seonghwa was crying softly into Hongjoong's neck while Yunho looked on the verge of a panic attack. San turned to Yunho.

"I'm sorry I tried to kill you that night. I had orders to kill you, but couldn't do it. When I almost lost control, Yeo came and saved my as well as yours. I'm sorry Yunho but I really didn't have any other choice." Yunho shook his head.

"You're forgiven. I mean you only tried to kill me once and didn't even succeed then, so I'd say you're a bad demon." Everyone let out a teary chuckle.

It was then that San revealed his biggest secret.

"That's because I'm not only a demon."

Jongho was the one who broke the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you see," San coughed a bit, drops of blood in his lips. "My dad was a demon, a fear demon. But my mom, my mom was an angel. A peace angel." Everyone seemed surprised except for Seonghwa, Joong and Yeo. "So while I got my hair from my dad, my eyes reflect who I truly am." He flushed his red and blue eyes. 

Wooyoung couldn't look away. He loved Sanie's eyes so much. They reflect exactly who he was, a corrupted angel. 

"You're what the heavens call a corrupted angel. When your mom is a fallen one." Seonghwa said. "What even you two don't know, is that you're each other's soulmates."

Wooyoung and San exchanged loving looks, smiling through tear stained eyes. 

"That would explain why your demon went crazy." Hongjoong said. "While the angel in you wanted to be with his mate, the demon in you tried to fight it. Until your angel found a way to shush it."

"What does that mean?" San asked weakly, his eyes fighting to stay open.

"You remember that night you attacked that ?" Yeosang asked. "That night your demon would have controlled you forever if you hadn't talked to Wooyoung. When you said he's your anchor I didn't understand what you were talking about. But then Seonghwa explained that you two are soulmates and it all clicked."

"You were the one who attacked Mingi that night weren't you?" Yunho who was quiet until now, asked.

"Yes Yun, I lost control and attacked him." He looked at Mingi. "Not so sure I regret it now."

Mingi looked at the floor. He wasn't supposed to feel bad for shooting a demon, but he did. Cause that demon was also his friend. That's why he understood why San couldn't kill Yunho. 

"I think it's time I explained everything no?" He asked.

Everyone nodded just as San started shaking, his eyes rolling back.

"San?! San!! No pls no!! Oh God!!" Wooyoung started sobbing, touching San's face and tapping his cheeks to keep him awake. "I'm losing him, I can't lose him I'll die if I lose him!"

"There's a way to save him." Mingi said. "But he has to want it. He must be ready to deal with the consequences."


 

To be continued…

(Next chapter might be the last one:")