Dead

Twilight

"San? San! I need you to calm the down before you kills someone!"

San could hear Yeosang in the back of his head but he couldn't focus on what he was saying. He felt blood, and a lot of it. He was losing himself to his demon side very quickly and dangerously. He needed to focus but there was so much blood and it tasted too good and his mind was foggy. He remembered something about a ert but other than that all he remembered was fear and blood. He felt someone behind him and bared his teeth at them growling deeply. 

"San, San it's me Yeosang. You have to get it together or we'll die. Do you understand what I'm saying? San?"

San really tried to, he did. But he could never focus enough to get his glamour up and his demon under control in this mess. He tried thinking about calming things, like his mother, Joong and Yeo, Woo. When Woo crossed his mind he could feel himself relax just a tiny bit. He looked at Yeosang with urgency. 

"Call Wooyoung right now!"

To say Yeosang was confused would be an understatement. 

"What the are you talking about?!"

San shook his head trying to regain whatever control he still had over his demon. 

"CALL HIM RIGHT NOW QUESTIONS LATER"

Yeosang was still extremely confused but he did as he was told. He pulled San's phone from his pocket and unlocked it trying to find Wooyoung's number. 

"Ugh, what did you name that kid? I can't find him" he grumbled. 

Not receiving an answer, he looked up to see San almost banging his head on the near wall, trying to fight his demon. Yeosang didn't dare come near him cause San could attack him in this state. He waited until San regained enough control to mumble the word 'angel' between his lips. At first, Yeosang thought he was talking about smelling an angel. But in his state he couldn't even smell Yeosang who was right next to him. He then looked at San's phone typing 'angel' and receiving a contact. He called the number. 

"Sanie?" a soft tired voice answered after three rings. 

If Yeosang had to guess he'd say he just woke up the kid. He approached San slowly, not making any sudden movements, and handed San his phone. San looked at him with the last bit of control he had left, snatching the phone from him. He put it next to his ear, listening. 

"Sanie? Are you there? Is everything okay?"

Hearing Woo's voice made his heart beat slower and his mind a little clearer. 

"Y-yeah I'm here." he grumbled out, the demon in him still trying to take control. 

"Are you okay Sanie? Are you feeling better? Did you drink and eat and rest? Oh no I'm rambling, I'm sorry." he heard a soft chuckle from the other line and it made him smile.

"Yeah I'm okay angel, I just missed your voice. I did drink and eat and rest, but I think I might skip the first few classes tomorrow to rest." he could feel himself calming down and his demon relaxing. 

"Of course! I actually wanted to suggest that but thought you might get upset."

San could practically feel Woo pouting on the other line and chuckled. 

"How could I ever be upset with you, angel? I, it means a lot to me that you care for me so much. And I wouldn't trade it for nothing."

He could hear Woo giggle his squeaky giggles, and his body completely relaxed. His mind clear, and his demon quiet. 

"Angel," he could hear Woo hum sleepily. "You should get some sleep, it's late. And we'll talk tomorrow okay, baby?"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Sanie. Sleep well and don't come tomorrow if you're still feeling bad!"

"Of course angel, anything for you. Goodnight baby, dream of me." he heard Woo yawn. 

"That would actually be nice. Night Sanie."

San could feel his heart full of fondness for the shorter man, his lips pulled in a giant smile. 

"Night angel."

San hung up the phone, putting it in his pocket and looking up at Yeosang. Yeosang was standing there, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. 

"What's wrong with you?" San casually asked. 

"He calmed you down. He did it with his voice and a five minute call. Do you know how long I've been trying to calm you down? For over an hour San, an hour! This kid gotta have some special powers or something."

"He might, but I just think that I relaxed cause he's my anchor. He makes me feel grounded."

Yeosang observed him in silence for a few moments, as if thinking about something he already knew. 

"You really like that kid, don't you?"

San looked up at him, not feeling the slightest bit of shame and answered without much thought. 

"Yes, I like him a lot. I like him too much Yeo, and it scares me but I also feel so happy and calm when I'm with him. He makes me feel normal, and not this," he gestured at himself. "creature of the night that feeds off of fear and blood."

"Hmm I see, I'm happy you're happy. And whatever makes you happy, is good for me even if it's a human."

"Thanks Yeo it means a lot. And I'm sorry I always cause so many troubles for you and Joong." he looked at the ground, feeling guilty and ashamed. 

Yeosang came closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder, side hugging him. 

"It's okay Sanie, but now we have to deal with the dead man on the floor behind you."

"Dead?!" San quickly turned back, seeing a body on the floor. 

"I… I did this?" he was disgusted with himself. 

"Sanie, listen,  it was ar. He was about to someone, a girl and you saved her from him. And before you ask me how I know, you told me that yourself before you lost it to the scent of fear and blood." he put a hand on his shoulder again. "So you're a good guy Sanie, you did nothing wrong."

"I killed someone, it doesn't matter who he was. I took someone's life." he was looking at the ground, drowning in guilt.

"Hey, hey! Look at me." he waited until San slowly lifted his eyes to meet him. "You are not a bad person. You're actually the opposite which is weird cause you're supposed to be a demon. You didn't have any choice. Your demon took over, it happens sometimes and I'm gonna check again with Joong maybe he knows why okay? But right now we have to go."

"But what about him?" he pointed at the old man's body, feeling grossed out. 

"That's okay, he looks like he had a heart attack and died, imma call the ambulance when we get home and make sure they take him. I erased your teeth marks off of him so you're safe."

"Thank you Yeo, I'm really sorry I'm always causing problems."

"It's okay Sanie, but now we have to go. We've stayed here for too long and angel combats are not very nice. Especially if they find out you accidentally killed a human."

San nodded and they both walked fairly back to their apartment. Unknown to them, someone saw the entire thing, the killing, San's demon form, Yeosang's golden eyes when he tried to call out for him. Everything. That person disappeared in the shadows, going unnoticed by the two demons going back to their apartment. 

 

To be continued…