Strange

Twilight

San was on his way to university. He woke up early, not really being able to sleep after he came to the understanding that there was an angel in Wooyoung's neighborhood. He decided to walk by his neighborhood to try and see where the scent was from, maybe find the angle. What was he gonna do when he found the angle? He had no idea. Not even the beginning of a plan. He just had to see if he was right, maybe it was one of the angles that chased them the other night. He reached Wooyoung's neighborhood, stopping casually to tie his shoes though his shoes had no laces. He just needed an excuse as to why he was stopping, so it won't look suspicious. He lowered the cap on his head when people walked passed him while he sniffed the air. The was still a very faint scent of vanilla and cookies in the air, most of it gone with the night breeze. He stood up after a couple more minutes, realizing that he won't be able to find that angle. At least not now. He headed to university contemplating whether he should have told Yeosang that he found a possible area where an angel lived or not. Probably not, cause what could they do about it? Nothing. They can't attack angles, and he didn't want to attack one as well. Then why was he looking for him? He didn't have an answer to that as well. The whole situation was a mess. He ruffled his hair when he heard a voice behind him. 

"San? Is that you? What are you doing here?"

Swearing softly under his breath about being discovered, San turned to him. 

"I need to get to uni as well you know. And it so happens that my apartment is not very far from here, which is why I take this route every day."

"why are you attacking me like that? I was curious since I haven't seen you walk this way, ever." Wooyoung asked slightly  offended by San's sudden lash out. 

"I wasn't attacking you I was simply asking. Don't get so sensitive about it." San rolled his eyes. 

Wooyoung looked at him in silence for a few moments. 

"I see you're back to being a jerk to me. So I guess all the stuff you said yesterday about being friends and all was just nonsense."

San looked at Wooyoung. He looked mad, but beyond that he could see the glint of hurt in his eyes, making San mad. He didn't know why he was mad and lashed out at Wooyoung like that. After all he did nothing wrong to him. But the angle issue was worrisome and the fact that he hasn't gotten a good night sleep in a while, was starting to effect him. Also, he was starting to think that something was wrong with him, since everytime he saw Wooyoung he felt something weird, something he never felt before. He rubbed his eyes sighing deeply, not even trying to hide how tired he is. 

"Woo wait, I didn't mean that. It's just that I have so many things going on right now and they frustrate me. On top of that, I haven't been sleeping well lately, so I guess that got me mad over nothing." he rubbed the back of his head. 

Wooyoung just looked at him for a few moments. He looked exhausted, his hair a mess, his eyes a little red and he kept sighing an ruffling his hair. Wooyoung came closer to him. 

"If you haven't slept well lately, why didn't you just stay home and rested? It's unhealthy to be up for too long."

 San chuckled. "I have a roommate that barely ever sleeps, we literally have to remind him that he should sleep. And he's managing just fine."

"Well I don't know what kind of supernatural being your friend is," he paused to giggle, not noticing how San tensed. "but most of us need sleep. And so do you." he watched San with worried  eyes. 

"You're probably right." he sighed. "But since I already walked halfway to uni, I think I'll just sleep in class."

"That's probably a good idea. And don't worry, I'll take notes for you  and we can go over them at the library today."

San looked confused. "Why would we be in the library?"

"Are you serious? We have the project to work on. We said we'll meet today at the library and work on it."

"Oh right right, sorry that must have slipped my mind."

Wooyoung just nodded starting to walk towards their university, San following right next to him. Wooyoung wanted to ask him why was he so frustrated and sleep deprived, but he had a feeling that San wouldn't say anything or will just brush it off. So instead, he walked next to him, glancing at him from time to time. As they walked in a pleasant silence, Wooyoung's mind drifted off to last night. 


 

They ordered food and played games until there was a knock on the door. Seonghwa opened the door since the youngers were busy playing games and pushing each other. He opened the door smiling at the delivery guy, leaving him speechless for a few seconds. He then told Seonghwa how much he needed to pay for the food. When Seonghwa paid him the delivery guy spoke up hesitantly, clearly never seeing such a pretty person. It was an angel trait, they were all exceptionally beautiful. So beautiful, that it left many people speechlessly staring at them. And that was with their glamour on. 

"Do you have a bakery in the neighborhood? Or did someone bake something?"

"I think the closest bakery is a few blocks away, we have no bakery in the neighborhood if I remember correctly. As for someone baking, it's highly unlikely since most of the people who live in this neighborhood are college and uni students. Why are you asking?"

"Oh it's just that as I came here there was a smell of vanilla and cookies, so I just assumed that it was because someone was baking."

Seonghwa hummed, thanking him and closing the door. He came to living room where Jongho and Wooyoung were still playing loudly. He stood in front of them, blocking the TV screen. The youngers made sounds of protest, but seeing Seonghwa's serious face, made them turn off the game and look at him. 

"What's up hwa?" Jongho asked. "Is something wrong with the food?"

Seonghwa ignored that and looked at Wooyoung. 

"Are you serious? What is wrong with you?"

"W-what are you talking about? What have I done?" Wooyoung asked a little offended by the sudden attack. Why was everyone attacking him today for no reason?

"Did you drop  your glamour before you came in the house?"

"I'm pretty sure I dropped it when I came in why?"

"Cause the neighborhood smells like vanilla and cookies, which is YOUR scent. So tell me again, did you or did you not  drop your glamour before you came inside of the house?"

Wooyoung thought about it, but he could definitely remember dropping the glamour inside the house. So why was his scent in the neighborhood? He didn't have an answer for that. And if it was vanilla and cookies it was unmistakably his scent since hwa smelled like peaches and honey and Jongho like berries and hot chocolate. He looked at Seonghwa again. 

"I definitely dropped my glamour only when I came in. I don't know why my scent is out there, I'm literally as confused as you." 

Seonghwa looked at him, he trusted Wooyoung but it was strange. If he didn't change outside then why.. 

"I had the new kid walk me home so I couldn't change in front of him. That's why I remember that I changed inside the house." Wooyoung added. 

Seonghwa seemed to be in deep thoughts for a while before he spoke up again. 

"Hm, alright. I'm sorry I got angry, but you must understand that I feel responsible for the two of you. And you letting out your scent could draw demons and other creatures to us."

"Yeah I understand, it's okay." Wooyoung smiled understandingly. 

"Alright let's eat!" Jongho exclaimed, breaking the silence. 

**

 

Wooyoung was still confused as to why was his scent let out without his knowledge. But he decided that thinking about it was not helping him in any way. Looking to his right he saw San laying his head on the table, his eyes slowly closing. San was also another mystery he couldn't seem to solve. There was this mysterious aura around him and his personality was just as confusing. One second he was nice and the other he was a jerk. Wooyoung's attention was drawn by a loud thud next to him. Looking to his left he saw Yunho sprawled over his chair. 

"Morning Yun, what's up? You look half asleep."

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I slept since after we finished lunch till this morning." he sighed. 

"Doesn't it mean that you should be extremely energetic?"

"You would think so but I just feel even more tired than before."

"I blame Mingi for letting you sleep for so long." he watched as Yunho blushed. "Yun, did something happened yesterday? Why are you blushing like that?"

"Well it's nothing really, but yesterday he carried me from the cab to my bed and I-" 

"MORNING, LOOK I CAME EARLY TODAY." they were interrupted by Mingi's yells. 

Wooyoung quickly looked at San making sure he was still sleeping. San only stirred mumbling something incoherent, but other than that he was sound asleep. Personally, Wooyoung couldn't understand how he could sleep through Mingi's yelling. He turned to the tall boy who just entered. 

"Gi, San is sleeping so don't yell so loudly please."

Mingi looked at San then at Wooyoung then at Yunho and back at Wooyoung. This time, with a smirk and a wiggle of his eyebrows. 

"So," Wooyoung didn't like Mingi's tone. "did something happen yesterday that suddenly you care so much about San?" he sat down next to San. 

"N-no why would you say that? I care about everyone he's not that special."

"But he is special to you in a way then." Yunho joined the conversation. 

"Yun you're supposed to be on my side." he whined. 

"I'm on my side, plus don't let me choose between the two of you."

"I won't, but only because I know who you'll choose." Wooyoung said just at the professor walked in, leaving Yunho a blushing mess. 

 

The first few classes were over and Wooyoung sighed, trying not to think about the fact that he had three more classes after lunch break and then studying in the library. He look to his right where San was still sleeping and a small smile creeper to his face. He put his hand on his back shaking him softly. 

"San, you need to wake up the classes are over and it's lunch break." 

San opened his eyes slowly, looking disoriented for a moment. He looked around unsure of where he was until his eyes landed on Wooyoung. He smiled a small tired smile and spoke, his voice coming out hoarse from sleep. 

"Hey, is it over already?"

"Yeah, how did you sleep?" his hand was still on San's back, rubbing it in a comforting manner. 

"Really good, it's the best sleep I had in days. Even if it was only what?" he lifted his head. "Wait what time is it?"

"It 14:30, you slept for more than four hours. You look much more refreshed." he watched as San stretched. 

"Alright let's have some food." he looked around confused. "Um, where are Yunho and Mingi?" 

"Oh,  Mingi asked Yunho to eat with him. Just the two of them." he wiggled his eyebrows at San. 

San chuckled. "It's about time. So do you wanna grab some food or..?"

"Sure why not." Wooyoung got up, packing his things and placing his backpack on his shoulder. 

San did the same and they both left the already empty room. They decided to just get some sandwiches and soda and have a small picnic on the campus grass. It was a perfect day for a picnic. The sun was shining high in the sky and there was a nice breeze so it wasn't so hot to sit in the sun. They were enjoying their sandwiches in a peaceful silence when suddenly someone dropped himself on San's back. 

"What the fu-"

"We have some good news." mingi said lifting his body off of San's. 

"Is that why you dropped your whole body weight on me?" San laughed. 

"Oh shut it and listen, there's a party on Friday night and we're going." he left no place for arguments. 

"Who's party?" Woo asked, cleaning the crumbs off of his blue jeans. 

"Jackson's, so it's gonna be lit." Yunho said while Mingi nodded excitedly. 

"Sure I'm in, I love parties." San said high fiving Mingi. 

"What about you Woo?" Mingi looked at him. 

"I don't know you guys, I'm not really a party guy."

"Woo you have to come." Yunho said. "If you're not going then I'm not going as well." He added when he saw Wooyoung was going to protest. 

"Hey that's not fair." Wooyoung whined. 

"I said what I said." 

Wooyoung looked at San and Mingi who shrugged, huge smiles on their faces. 

"Ugh, fine I'll go." the three boys cheered. "But you have to get ready with me. So come over on  Friday at noon?"

"Yeah sure!"


 

The classes ended and they were on their way to the library. Mingi and Yunho were going to work on the project at a nearby cafe. Usually Wooyoung would feel anxious about Yunho being out at night with no protection. But for some reason he felt that with Mingi beside him he'll be protected. Reaching the library they walked in, going to a table at the far end of the room. San was feeling a little off since lunch break, but Wooyoung assumed that it was because he was still tired. 

"Let's just start the project so you could get some rest tonight. How does that sound?" Wooyoung took a seat next to San. 

San just hummed nodding. They started working on the project, but something was off. San was constantly scratching his head and rubbing his eyes. His leg couldn't stop bouncing underneath the table. Wooyoung tried ignoring it thinking it was because of his tiredness  but after an hour it was clear that something was absolutely wrong with San. 

"San are you okay? You don't look too good." he asked worriedly. 

"Y-yeah I'm just tired so I'm gonna head home if you don't mind." he said packing his things and getting up. 

"Of course I don't mind, do you want me to walk you home?"

"NO." San yelled. "I mean I just wanna get home I'm sorry." he left not waiting for an answer. 

Wooyoung was left standing at the almost empty library absolutely confused. He contemplated whether to follow San or not. Eventually, he came to the understanding that if he'll follow San and be discovered by him, San will be furious. 

"I hope he's gonna be okay." he said to himself and headed home. 

 

San was not okay. He was absolutely NOT okay. He was restless, anger building inside of him dangerously fast. He only felt this mad and restless when he needed to feed. It was strange because the last time he fed was a few day ago so he was suppose to be satiated for at least the next few weeks. But right now all he felt was the burning desire to rip someone's throat off. And he wasn't even the kind to kill humans. He should call Yeosang, Yeosang would help him find someone to feed off of. He took out his phone when he spotted Mingi walking alone in the dark streets. He liked him, he really did but right now all he could think about was the fact that he was hungry. He came closer slowly, his eyes turning bloody  red and ice blue. He started working his magic, seeing how Mingi slowly came into the alley he was in, completely drawn there. He was so close to San when his phone suddenly went off. Continuing to draw Mingi in he quietly answered the phone. 

"Where in the name of all flying s are you?" he heard Yeosang's annoyance through the phone. 

He then remembered that he forgot to let them know he was coming home late. That didn't matter right now anyway. 

"You have to come here right now. And I mean right ing NOW." he breathed into the phone. 

"San what's going on." he could here Yeosang getting up and leaving the apartment. 

"I'm very close to killing someone so get your here RIGHT NOW."  

"Okay I'm a minute away. Your scent is all over the place, a combat angle can find you in no time. Just don't move I'm coming." he hung up. 

But it was too late. Mingi was way too close and San could almost taste the fear radiating from him. He lost all control and decided to just attack Mingi. He was in his full demon form, horns tail and wings out, eyes burning  as he slowly came closer to Mingi ,hiding in the darkness. He waited another second and hoping maybe Yeosang would show up. Seeing there was no one stopping him, he attacked. 

 

To be continued…..