Figured out?

Twilight

Wooyoung came into the class thinking he was the first to enter it like usually. When he came closer to his seat, he found San already in his seat, his head on the table and he seemed to be sleeping.  Wooyoung quietly sat on his chair, glancing at a sleeping San. In the last couple of days they got along a little better. They were still constantly bickering and annoying each other, but they were much more civilized around each other. Wooyoung looked at San. Today he wore black ripped jeans with chains, a black T-shirt and red Dr Martin. He had piercing and wore a leather jacket. His overall outfit radiated bad boy, add to that the constant smirk that was hanging on his lips and his flirty personality, and you got yourself the perfect playboy. 

San sighed softly in his sleep diverting Wooyoung's attention to his face. Wooyoung could not lie, San was a very attractive person. He had sharp eyes that made him look like a fox when he smiled, he had his tiny nose and his dimples were so defined that he could probably fill them with jelly beans. Wooyoung saw that San's hair was in his eyes. He reached out to gently place the strands behind his ear,  when San suddenly opened his eyes. Wooyoung froze with his hand halfway to San's head, feeling his cheeks heat up. 

"What are you doing exactly?" San asked half asleep. "Also how long have you been staring at me?"

"I-I nothing, I wasn't doing anything. I just thought I saw a bug in your hair." Wooyoung stuttered his cheeks getting warmer.

"Hmm, let's pretend that I believe you." San said straightening up in his seat. 

"Hmp, I really wasn't doing anything." 

"Sure baby, whatever makes you feel better." San said yawning.

"Why are you so tired?" Wooyoung asked without looking at San. San raised an eyebrow. 

"Why? Do the Jung Wooyoung actually care and worry about me? I suddenly feel special."

"I was just trying to be nice to you for a change, but if you want to be a jerk then never mind." Wooyoung huffed pulling his things out of his backpack. 

"I've just been a little stressed lately. I have a lot going on and I'm starting to doubt some of the things that used to be so clear and right for me." San said ruffling his hair.

"What do you mean?"

"It's really complicated to explain."

"Well if it helps, I hope things will be less stressful for you. I know what it's like to be stressed and unsure, so I really hope things will calm down and become clearer for you soon." San looked at Wooyoung surprised. 

"Thank you, I appreciate it." he smiled, his dimples on display. 

"O-of course." Wooyoung said turning away from him. 

"Hey guys what's up?" Yunho sat down next to Wooyoung. "Hey Woo why are you red? You good?"

"Y-yes of course I'm good. And I'm not red, you're not seeing well." he huffed feeling embarrassed. 

"YOU GUYS WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME JUST NOW." they all turned their heads to Mingi who stormed into the class not seeing the professor right behind him. 

"Mr song, if you could not yell so early in the day, I would very much appreciate it." he said making Mingi jump in surprise causing the entire class to laugh.

"Y-yes of sir I'm sorry."

"Please take your seat Mr Song. Quietly."

Mingi nodded, heading to his seat and flopped on his chair with a huff. 


 

"Alright everyone," Mr Kim said at the end of the class. "before you leave, I would like to inform you that you have a project to do." the entire class sighed and protested. "Hush, you will be doing the project in pairs. So please come by my desk before you go and I'll let you know who your partner is."

Wooyoung, Yunho, San and Mingi packed their things heading towards the professor's desk. 

"Mr Choi you will have the pleasure of being Mr Jung's partner. While Mr Song will be Mr Jeon's partner. Since I saw that the four of you are constantly together, I expect great projects from all of you. Not to mention some of you could use this to get their overall mark higher. Good luck." he said eyeing Mingi who scratched the back of his head nodding. 

They left the class not even complaining about the professor's decision. Mingi and Yunho were happy to be paired up with each other and San and Wooyoung didn't care that much about it since they were getting along a little better. 

"-and then there was a huge sheep in the middle of the road and we couldn't move it so the bus didn't move for like twenty minutes. That's why I was late."

"Gi hun, are you sure there was a sheep? We're in the center of the city, where would people raise sheep?" Yunho asked. 

"Is that all you got from my story?" Mingi whined. 

"That actually doesn't make sense to me as well." San said. 

"Good at least someone is on my side and pays attention to the right things."

"Where would a sheep come from? We have no place to raise them here. Maybe you saw a big looking dog?" San asked.

"You're supposed to be on my side San, not the other way around!" he exclaimed making everyone laugh. 

"Let's go get some lunch before the break will be over." Wooyoung suggested. 

He was answered by  loud cheers which made him giggle and the four of them went to eat. 

 

"Where do you want to do the project?" Wooyoung asked San as they were finishing up their lunch. 

San hummed thinking about it. He couldn't bring Wooyoung to his apartment since neither Yeosang nor Hongjoon would appreciate the company. They were not very friendly towards humans, or anyone in general. 

"How about your place?" he suggested. 

"Um, I'd rather not do it in my apartment since my roommates are always there and they will constantly distract us."

"Alright then, how about the library?"

"That's a great idea! How about right after our last class?"

"Sure why not?" San shrugged his shoulders. 

"Hey guys I think I'm gonna take Yunho home. He's really tired and it looks like you guys are enjoying each others company and I don't want to disturb you." he said winking at them. 

"W-what are you talking about?" Wooyoung asked baffled. 

"I think we will actually join you since I haven't slept well in a few days and I'm sure Wooyoung is also tired."

"I actually am, but I'm surprised you noticed and that you actually care."

"I'm trying to be nice to you so don't be annoying." San said with a roll of his eyes. 

"You're right I'm sorry." Wooyoung said fumbling with his sweater. 

"It's alright." San smiled at Wooyoung softly, which he didn't see since he was looking at the ground. 

"I'm gonna call a cab do you guys want me to call another one for you?" Mingi asked while Yunho was resting his head on his shoulder. 

"I'd actually rather walk, so no thanks." Wooyoung said. 

"And I'll walk him home to make sure he gets there safely."

"I don't need your protection." Wooyoung huffed, pouting cutely. 

"I didn't say anything about protecting you, you baby. It just happens that your apartment is on the way to my apartment as well. That's all." San explained with a shrug. 

"Wait, we still have a bunch of classes left today." Wooyoung said whining. 

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you," Mingi said looking at him. "The last classes were cancelled."

"Really? How come?" Wooyoung asked while San looked at Mingi suspiciously. 

"I'm not really sure but that's what they said."

"In that case we can go home now." San said.

Though he didn't believe a word Mingi said, he really didn't feel like going to three more classes right now. 

"Well if you say so, let's go home." Wooyoung said happily. 

San and Wooyoung watched as Yunho and Mingi got inside the cab, waving them goodbye. 

"Let's go home." San said and Wooyoung nodded. 

 

As they walked through the streets in silence, Wooyoung suddenly spotted an ice cream booth. He turned to San with sparkling eyes. 

"San look there's an ice cream booth, let's go have some."

"We literally just finished eating lunch, how in the world are you still hungry?" 

"I'm not hungry, I just really want ice cream. I can go without you if you don't want to come with me." Wooyoung said, crossing his arms and pouting again. 

San shook his head lightly and chuckled. 

"Alright alright you baby, let's go get some ice cream." he smiled as Wooyoung jumped a little. 

"Yayy let's goo." he said excitedly, pulling on San's hand. 

When they got to the booth, Wooyoung's eyes were shining looking at all the ice cream flavors. He had a hard time deciding, but in the end he ordered cookie dough ice cream in a cone, while San asked for salted caramel ice cream in a cup. They thanked the lady for the ice cream and resumed to their walking. 

"Do you want a bite out of mine?" Wooyoung asked, biting the ice cream. 

San watched him in shock. 

"D-do you, you bite your ice cream!" 

"Um, yes, yes I do. Why?"

"Who in the world bites their ice cream?"

"Well I do." he shrugged. 

"That is so wrong. I'm sorry I don't think we can be friends." San said in mock seriousness. 

"Were we even friends to begin with?" Wooyoung asked. 

"Hmm I guess we weren't." he watched Wooyoung carefully. "D-do you want to be? Friends, I mean."

"I mean I wouldn't mind being your friend if you'll stop flirting with me and being mean to me." he said honestly. 

"Well I wouldn't mind being your friend if you will be nice to me and not call me stupid anymore."

"I never said that you were stupid!" Wooyoung protested. 

"But you implied it in a very clear way."

"You know I didn't mean that. Plus I already apologized for it." Wooyoung complained. 

"I know, and I'm not mad. I'm just messing with you." San laughed when Wooyoung hit his shoulder lightly. 

"You're so mean to me." he pouted. 

"You have that effect on me. You make me wanna bully you." San mumbled. 

"Hmm? What did you say?"

"I said I don't know what you're talking about. I'm absolutely charming. And a lovely company too." he said making Wooyoung laugh. 

"You forgot humble and modest."

"That goes without saying baby."

"Stop calling me baby." Wooyoung scoffed, looking like a little angry kitten. 

"Would you prefer to be called something else? Most of the people are quite pleased when I call them baby."

" Well I'm clearly not like everyone. And you can just call me Woo."

"Alright then, Woo." he winked at him. 

"You're so annoying I swear." Wooyoung rolled his eyes, but the smile on his face showed that he wasn't really annoyed. 

"Right."

After a few silent moments Wooyoung turned to San again. 

"You didn't answer my question." San raised an eyebrow. 

"What question?"

"I asked you if wanted to have a bite of my ice cream."

"You sure?" 

"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't sure." Wooyoung put his cone next to San's lips. 

Wooyoung watched as San looked at him for another second before bringing his lips to the ice cream and it. All he could focus on were San's lips and how his tongue darted out to the ice cream off of his lips. He didn't notice that he was staring until San smirked.

"You are staring again Woo." he said teasingly while Wooyoung blushed and looked at the ground. 

"I-I was definitely not staring." he said taking back his ice cream. 

"Sure you weren't." San said still smirking. "Do want to try my ice cream?"

Wooyoung's eyes lit up, looking like a kid. 

"Can I?"

"Yeah, here." San stepped closer as he held out the small spoon full of ice cream. 

"W-what are you trying to do?" Wooyoung stuttered a little flushed. 

"What do you mean? I'm trying to feed you some ice cream." he said nonchalantly. 

"I can eat alone." Wooyoung said grabbing the small spoon and shoving it in his mouth before San could say or do anything else. 

When the flavor reached his taste buds he sighed happily. 

"It's so good." he said smiling at San. 

"I know, that's why I picked this flavor." 

"So irritating." he said playfully while giving San's shoulder another hit. 

They kept walking in silence until they were close to Wooyoung's apartment. Wooyoung didn't bring them all the way to his apartment cause he couldn't decide yet whether he trusted San or not. He turned to San. 

"That's where I live so I, um, I'm gonna go?"

"Are you asking me?" San chuckled. 

"No, no I'm definitely saying. I'm gonna go!" Wooyoung said making San chuckle again. 

"Alright, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, and don't forget that after classes we need to work on our project in the library."

"How can I forget?" San sighed. 

Wooyoung nodded and turned to leave. After taking a few steps he turned back to see San still standing exactly where he was. He ran up to him giving him a soft peck on the cheek and a muffled "Thank you for the ice cream." and ran to his apartment as fast as he could. Closing the door behind him, he took a deep breath. His face completely red. 'What the heck was that?! Why did I just do that?!' he thought ruffling his hair. 

"Why are you home so early?" Seonghwa asked as soon as he spotted him. 

"Yeah and why is your face so red?" Jongho asked.

Wooyoung flopped next to him on the couch. 

"Our last classes were cancelled." 

"Okay, now tell us why are you so red? Did you embarrass yourself again?"

"Yaa I never embarrass myself you annoying child!" Wooyoung whined.

"Sure you don't." Jongho said in mock seriousness, making Wooyoung hit him with a pillow.

"Hwa tell him to stop bullying me all the time." he complained. 

Seonghwa came back into the room from the kitchen to see the youngers are having a pillow fight. 

"You guys stop throwing pillows at each other, you'll break something."

Both boys nodded and stopped fighting immediately. 

"Now seriously, why were you so red?" Jongho asked once they calmed down a bit. 

"Well you see-" 

"How about you'll talk about it while taking out the trash?" Seonghwa asked. 

The two sighed but agreed. After a couple of minutes the door slammed open. 

"Ahahaha I told you that you like him!!" Jongho said as they came in, making Wooyoung pout. "Hey Hwa guess what?"

"Hmm?"

"Wooyoung is crushing on the new kid. And he embarrassed himself again." he said laughing. "That means you owe me five bucks."

"You guys bet on me?!" Wooyoung asked shocked. 

"We-"

"Yes absolutely yes." Jongho said before Seonghwa finished talking, receiving a smack on the back of his head in return. 

"You guys are the worst." he pouted. 

"Alright, how about we'll make it up to and we'll go get some ice cream?" 

Seonghwa looked confused as Wooyoung blushed deeply and Jongho muffled his laugh with his hand. 

"Wha-" he started. 

"Wooyoung already ate some ice cream, isn't that right Woo?"

"Yeah." he said fumbling with his fingers. "But we could eat out tonight."

"Sure why not." Seonghwa answered, still feeling confused. 

"Alright, now that that's settled. Woo let's play some games till it's dinner time." Wooyoung nodded and they both went to living room while Seonghwa went to his room to nap. 

 

Meanwhile, San was still standing at the same spot, completely frozen. He lifted his hand to his right cheek, touching the same spot Wooyoung had just kissed him. He was confused as to why he kissed him just now, or why was he so effected by it. But the feeling of Wooyoung's soft lips on his cheek made him think about how soft they would feel against his lips. He shook his head trying to clear his head enough to start walking home, when he smelt something familiar. He didn't know where it was coming from but there was this vanilla and cookies scent. It was a comforting scent, light and warm. He sniffed the air a bit, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from. After a few more seconds of looking in the direction Wooyoung had ran, he left to his apartment with a smile playing on his lips. 

 

"Do I see San smiling?" Yeosang whispered to Hongjoong as soon as he saw San. 

"Yeah he is." 

"That's really weird, he never smiles that much. It's actually creeping me out a little."

Hongjoong just shook his head as Yeosang approached San. 

"Yo, why are you so smiley today?"

"Oh what? I don't know what you're talking about." he shrugged. 

"You've been very smiley since you walked through the door. It's very unusual for you to be that smiley. So what's going on?"

"It's really nothing, I just grabbed some ice cream with a friend."

"You did what? But you don't even like ice cream!" Yeosang said feeling more and more confused. 

"I never said that I didn't like it, I just don't love it so much that's all."

"Something very suspicious is going on with you." Yeosang said narrowing his eyes at San. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." San said. "Joongie what do you wanna eat for dinner?" he turned to Hongjoong. 

"Mm, we could order something." he said taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. 

"How about-"

"We are NOT eating fried chicken again." San said making Yeosang huff. "How about burgers?" 

"Sure let's go with that." Hongjoong said shrugging. 

"Alright then it's settled. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to wash up and take a nap." San said walking to the bathroom before any of them could say anything. 

Laying down in his bed twenty minutes later, his thoughts drifted to the scent he smelled in Wooyoung's neighborhood. It was then when he was laying down almost falling asleep that he realized why this sweet scent of vanilla and cookies was so familiar. His mom smelled like cinnamon, it was also a very warm and light scent. It was a very common scent for… 

San sat up quickly in his bed when the realization hit him. It was the scent of an angel. 


 

To be continued….