At the beginning

Twilight

Wooyoung entered class. Looking around, he spotted the one he was looking for. He walked to him and sat on the chair next to him. Yunho was busy watching a video of Mingi trying to sing and failing miserably. He was giggling, finding Mingi's attempts amusing. Wooyoung met Yunho a few weeks ago. And if he was honest, you could tell Yunho had a crush on Mingi since day one. He didn't understand why he didn't confess to him. But oh well, humans are weird, so he didn't spend to much time thinking about it. He had other things to worry about. As Yunho's guardian angel, he was responsible to make sure no harm would be caused to him. Before he was assigned to watch over Yunho, he watched over an old lady. But she passed away and he was given a new human to guard. Since Yunho was a student in university, Wooyoung had to join as well. He preferred to become friends with Yunho, that way it will be easier to know where he is in case he needed protection. Since both Yunho and Wooyoung were extremely friendly, they became friends really fast. 
Wooyoung tapped Yunho's shoulder. 
"You watched that video like a hundred times." he said smirking at Yunho. The tall boy blushed. "I really don't understand why won't you just go and tell him that you like him?"
"It's not that easy Woo. I'm just really shy when it comes to this." he looked back at his phone. "Also, if he doesn't like me back, that would ruin our friendship. And I don't want that to happen. Never." Yunho said just as the professor came in. Both boys averted their gaze to the professor. 
"Hello everyone, I have some news for you guys." said Mr. Kim
"Are you canceling the test tomorrow?" someone yelled. Wooyoung suspected it was Mingi but he said nothing, giggling with the rest of the class while  Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. 
"No Mr. Song, the test will not be cancelled tomorrow." the students sighed, booing a little. "Hush now," Mr. Kim waited for the class to calm down. When they did he continued. "The news are that we have a new student joining us." there were hums and mumbles all over the room. "Please welcome our new student, Choi San." Mr. Kim said motioning to his right. Wooyoung turned his head to look at the new student. He was wearing a black leather jacket  with black ripped jeans. His hair was black with red stripes and he had dimples. He was standing there with his hands in his pockets. There was something about his aura that was familiar, but Wooyoung couldn't really put a finger on what. He looked as San stepped forward looking at the class. 
"Hello, my name is Choi San I hope we can get along." the class was silent for a couple of seconds. Then all at once it was really loud, clearly everyone  were happy to have such a good looking guy in their class. The girls and boys were completely losing it. Wooyoung didn't look so fazed by his good looks. He lived for a long long time, and he's seen too many good looking faces to care much about this one. Mr. Kim asked for silence again. It took a while, but when everyone quieted down he looked at San. 
"Well Mr. Choi, it doesn't look like you'll be having much trouble with making friends here." San chuckled. "Please find a seat and let's start." San nodded, looking for a seat with his eyes. When he locked eyes with Wooyoung, he looked surprised for a second. Then, he smirked. Wooyoung looked confused, not understanding why he smirked at him. San made his way to the empty seat next to Wooyoung. When he sat down, he turned to Wooyoung, making him look at him. This close Wooyoung could see something interesting, something he didn't see when San was far away. San had something unique about him, he had heterochromia. That means he had eyes in two different colors, one green and one brown. Wooyoung found that his eyes were quite captivating. San smirked at him again, which made his dimples appear. 
"Um, I don't know if you've noticed, but you're starting." San said, the smirk never leaving his face. Wooyoung looked at him, knowing he was right. He rolled his eyes. 
"You wish. Besides you were the one who stared at me." he turned his head from him, focusing on the bored. 
"Well, since I'm nice I'll pretend like you didn't stare at me, while we both know you did." he said opening his bag  to pull out a book and a notebook. Wooyoung ignored him, taking notes. "All I wanted was to ask you is if I could borrow a pen." San said looking at Wooyoung again. Wooyoung sighed and turned to San. 
"If I give you a pen will you stop disturbing me? I'm trying to listen." San nodded with an amused expression and Wooyoung gave him the pen. They were both quiet after that, just focusing on Mr. Kim.  Mr. Kim was the math professor. Wooyoung hated math, but he had to watch over Yunho. If Yunho has to take math classes, then so does Wooyoung, even if he wasn't happy about it at all. He looked to his left. Yunho wasn't even paying attention, he was doodling all over his notebook. 
"Ya Yunho," Wooyoung hissed at him. Yunho looked at him with a questioning look on his face. "What are you doing? You should pay attention, I'm not helping your again." Yunho pouted. 
"noo Woo, it's just really boring."
"Then why did you take math?"
"I had too." he whined. "Help me when we finish here?" he looked at Wooyoung with his puppy eyes and Wooyoung smiled. 
"Of course, since this is the last class let's head to the library when it ends?" Yunho smiled making his cheeks bunch up in a cute way. 
"Yess thanks Woo." he gave Wooyoung a hug. 
"I'm so sorry for interrupting whatever hugging session you have over there with my boring class." they both jumped apart in their seats, turning to see their very unamused math professor. "If you've finished, may I continue with my class." he didn't wait for an answer and turned back to the board. Wooyoung was embarrassed, his cheeks becoming a little red. He looked back at his notes when he heard a chuckle to his right. He turned to see San bending over the table his body shaking with laughter. Wooyoung felt his cheeks turn red and this time not in emberrassment. 
"What's your problem?" he whispered. San laid his head on the table, looking up at Wooyoung. 
"Nothing, am I not allowed to laugh?" he raised an eyebrow at him. Wooyoung rolled his eyes. 
"No, not when you're laughing at me. I'm pretty sure that if I were to laugh at you, you wouldn't appreciate it either."
"Hmm, I don't get offended that easily, unlike someone" he smirked at Wooyoung again. 
Oh how much Wooyoung hated that smirk. He wished he that smirk  would go away forever. 
"Is that how you plan on making friends? Cause the fact that you're good looking won't help you if your personality is absolutely ugly."
"Oh, so you think I'm good looking huh?"
"Is that all you got from everything I said? You're unbelievable." Wooyoung felt his cheeks turn reder. San looked at him with growing interest.
"I don't really think I'll have a problem with making friends here, I'm pretty sure my face will do the trick." he saw Wooyoung roll his eyes. "Like you said, I'm good looking." Wooyoung was getting worked up.
"Can you please just shut up?" he said that way too loudly, making everyone turn his way, Including Mr. Kim. He did not look pleased. 
"Is there a problem Mr. Jung? Because you keep interrupting my class." he gave Wooyoung a harsh look. 
"N-no, I'm sorry professor it won't happen again." he looked down. 
"I hope it won't. This is your last chance, next time you interrupt you'll be getting extra work. Have I made myself clear Mr. Jung?" Wooyoung was on the verge of tears, he never got called out like that. 
"y-yes I'm very sorry sir." Mr. Kim returned to teaching. San looked at Wooyoung. He saw his eyes were teary, he felt kinda bad. The worst part was, that he didn't understand why was he feeling bad. 
He was a demon, a demon that feasts on fear. He was sent to eliminate a certain human, and was suppose to start getting close to him. But instead he was annoying this guy, and on top of that, feeling bad for doing it. What was wrong with him? Yunho patted Wooyoung's back gently, which drew San's attention back to reality. He saw Wooyoung was sniffling quietly and nodding to whatever Yunho was whispering to him. 
"Damn it" he said under his breath. He tapped Wooyoung's shoulder. Wooyoung turned to him still upset, he lifted his eyebrows in question. San realized that he doesn't want to get yelled at again, that's why he's not talking. He chuckled to himself and ripped a page from his notebook. 
Wooyoung didn't know what San wanted from him. He didn't like this guy at all. He was being mean to him, and an overall playboy. The thought of having to spent every math class with him gave Wooyoung a headache. Something landed on his table. He looked down seeing a note, he turned to San with a puzzled expression. San was gesturing with his head towards the note. Wooyoung picked it up opening it. 
'I'm sorry, I made you so mad that the professor  yelled at you. If you're still upset, you can look at my face, if that won't make you feel better then I don't know what will;)'
Wooyoung looked at the note shocked. It was unbelievable how full of himself this guy was. He looked at San who was smirking again. Wooyoung gave him a big fake smile. He took his pen and wrote down an answer. He gave it to San. 
'The next time you feel like flexing about your face, please don't come to me. Ps. I'm not upset anymore, cause looking at your face made me laugh :D'
Just as San finished reading that, Mr. Kim dismissed the class with homework. San was left sitting there while watching Yunho and Wooyoung leave to the library, giggling and chatting. He got mocked, this guy mocked the way he looked. It was impossible, he was a demon, he was suppose to be everyone's wet dream. Well apparently everyone but this guy. He was so deep in thought he didn't notice the people swarming around him. He shook his head, smirking at everyone. 
"I'm sorry lovelies, but I must go study now. I have some stuff to catch up on." he said heading towards the exit. "I'll be doing my catching up alone." he said firmly, seeing that a bunch of people were following him. He heard some signs which made him chuckle. He turned around and headed to the library. If he was going on undercover as a uni student, he might as well do it right. Plus, going to the library gave him the opportunity to get closer to the human. When he was on his way, he texted his roommates that he'll be late tonight. He lived at an apartment in the human world. The elders said it was something to do with responsibility and being independent. He just saw it as a way to get away from them and explore the human world. He lived with two roommates, Hongjoon and Yeosang. They were both demons, Hongjoon was a demon who fed on desire while Yeosang fed on envy. They were like a small family, they took care and helped each other. He was grateful to have them though he'd never tell them. Without noticing he reached the library. He opened the door to the library, his eyes searching for a certain tall human and his sassy friend. After a few moments of awkwardly standing at the entrance, staring inside, he spotted them. Wooyoung was explaining something to a very pouty and frustrated looking Yunho. Wooyoung looked like he had all the patience in the world when he explained it to Yunho again seeing he didn't understand anything he said. San didn't want to be too creepy, so he didn't join them. Instead, he sat a few tables away where they couldn't see him, and pulled out his book and notebook. As he put them on the table, he heard someone sit next to him. He sighed quietly and turned to see a tall looking dude. His hair was bright brown with blue and purple highlights. He had bright brown eyes and a smile stretched on his lips. 
"Hey, my name is Mingi." he extended his hand. San took it and shook it. "I wanted to know if you wanted some help with the math homework?"  San gave him a suspicion look. 
"You only want to help me with my homework? You want nothing else? Are you sure?" Mingi laughed. 
"What else would I want from you? I really just want to help. That is, if you even want my help. You don't look too excited about it." he looked at San's frown. 
"No no, I'm sorry it's just that hu- I mean people, usually want something from me if you know what I mean." he wiggled his eyebrows at Mingi. Mingi just chuckled. 
"Oh, I understand. Well, that's not the case here since I already have someone in mind." San gave him a confused look but said nothing about it. 
"So, would you like my help? I can tutor you." 
"Yes that would be great. I absolutely hate math." he huffed in anger. 
"Well show me one person who doesn't." San chuckled at that shaking his head. 
"Let's get started." San said already dreading it. Mingi nodded and they started their study session. After a couple hours San groaned. 
"This is bull! Why is it so hard I don't get it." he was being way too loud in the library, drawing everyone's attention. Including a certain angel. Mingi put a hand on his shoulder. 
"Bro, you got most of it right it's just this subject." he watched as San banged his head on the table a few times. "okay, I think you need a break. How about we'll go get something to eat, and if you'll feel continueing the stuffy session then we'll continue there" he gave San's shoulder another pat. "How does that sound?" San nodded packing his things. When he was standing with his bag on his shoulder, he saw two people aprroaching them. 
"Hey Gi, do you mind if we join you?" Yunho said looking at Mingi. He looked exhausted. 
"Well sure I don't mind but.." he turned to San. 
"Oh I'm sure he wouldn't mind, isn't that right San?" Wooyoung said before San had a chance to answer. He gave him a firm look that said 'you better say yes' . San rolled his eyes. 
"Yeah sure, why not? The more the merrier right?"  Yunho smiled, happy he could join, while Mingi looked at San a little confused. San just shrugged his shoulders. He turned to look at Wooyoung who was smiling at Yunho's excitement. 
"Can we head out now? Cause I'm starving and if I won't get some food in me soon I'll have to eat one of you." Yunho joked. He didn't notice how San and Wooyoung tensed up at the words. Mingi chuckled and so did San and Wooyoung understanding it was a joke. 
"Okay.. So before we have him eating people I guess we should get some food." San said. The three boys nodded chuckling softly. 
They left the library, heading to a nearby cafe that Yunho recommended. Naturally, Yunho walked first with Mingi, leaving San and Wooyoung to walk together. The silence was getting painful for San.
"So.." Wooyoung hummed, "They like each other huh?" San said clearly stating the obvious. Wooyoung didn't even look surprised that he knows. 
"Yes, yes they do. The problem is none of the is willing to confess." he sighed quietly. 
"Can't relate to that really." 
"What do you mean?" Wooyoung looked confused. 
"Well you see, when you have a face like mine, you get confessed to at least three times a day." he gave Wooyoung a smug smile. Wooyoung just rolled his eyes. 
"Again with your face? Really?" 
"Well Wooyoung, you said I was good looking too. Didn't you?" he raised an eyebrow. 
"You're so childish." San just chuckled. "I would have you know, I get confessions all the time as well." he looked at San. "You ain't special. Also, you ain't the only good looking guy here." 
San looked at Wooyoung. Really looked at him. He realized Wooyoung didn't lie, he really was attractive. He had brown fluffy hair, he had many piercings just like San. Looking at his eyes he has honey cat like eyes, it made his gaze fierce. He had a mole right under his left eye, and  he was wearing a fluffy light blue sweater and jeans. Looking at him now, he looked really fluffy and cute. And there was no denying that he was extremely and absolutely beautiful. 
"Um, I don't know if you've noticed, but you're starting." he smirked at San.  
"Yes, yes I was. I have a weakness for beautiful things." Wooyoung laughed. 
"Does that line actually work for you?" he looked at San. "Also, you should apologize for referring to me as a thing." 
"Yes it does. You'd be surprised how many times that works." he didn't look embarrassed at all. 
"well that's just sad." he rolled his eyes. "You didn't apologize." San looked at Wooyoung and saw he was a little angry. 
"Right, sorry." San said, not even looking at him. Wooyoung scoffed knowing he didn't actually mean it. 
"Yeah whatever." he said. After a few more seconds they reached the cafe. The waitress showed them to their table, after asking if anyone else will be joining them. Mingi sat next to Yunho making San sit next to a very unhappy Wooyoung. 
"What can I get you guys?" the waitress asked. 
While Mingi ordered for him and Yunho, San and Wooyoung took the time to inform their roommates that they'll be late. Wooyoung lived with two roommates in the human world as well. He lived with Seonghwa and Jongho. Seonghwa is a peace angel, he was trying to prevent wars from happening and people from fighting. Jongho on the other hand was a combat angel, he was fighting bad spirits and monsters the demons unleash on the human world . 
"Guys what do you wanna order?" Mingi asked. 
"I'd like coffee please and a chocolate muffin thanks." wooyoung said with a smile, putting his phone down.  
"Right, and what would you like sir?"
"I'd have the same as him." San pointed at Wooyoung. 
"Alright, your food will be coming up in a little while."
"Thank you."
They chatted and laughed until their food came. When the food came, they ate it in silent too focused on their food. Wooyoung looked at Yunho and Mingi, they were so good together, he wished they would see it too. He watched as Yunho giggled falling over Mingi. Mingi was laughing too staring at Yunho fondly. 'oh well, they would figure it out on their own", Wooyoung thought to himself. He turned to look at San and saw that he was genuinely enjoying his time with them. He was laughing and smiling a lot. When he smiled his whole face was smiling, his dimples getting deeper and his eyes disappearing. That made Wooyoung smile thinking maybe he wasn't so bad. 
Unknown to him, San did the same. When they came here, he thought he wouldn't enjoy spending his time with the humans, but he was wrong. He saw Wooyoung smiling from the corner of his eye, so he turned to look at him. Wooyoung was smiling fondly at the two, giggling at their silliness.  A smiling Wooyoung was a sight to see. His eyes turned into crescents while he giggled his squeaky giggles and he generally looked like he was gonna cry out of laughter. His cheeks bunched up in an adorable way. He was just cute all over. 
When they finished eating they decided they will continue their study session the next day. They walked together to Yunho's apartment and then to Mingi's. They waved at Mingi as he closed the door. 
"Do you need me to walk you home or…?"
"No, no I'm fine, I can go alone."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure. Goodnight San." he said starting to walk in the direction of his apartment. 
"Goodnight Wooyoung. Dream about my face tonight." San began walking away. Wooyoung rolled his eyes. 
"You wish. Plus, I don't want to have nightmares, so I think I'll dream about something nice." San just shook his head in response. 
Just before they would lose sight of each other, they both turned back to catch one last glimpse of the other. Waving one last time, they disappeared into the darkness of the night. 


To be continued… .