Splits

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Some things need to collapse first before they can get repaired."

 

 

It was already past midnight when two pairs of tense eyes starred at the screen of Byulyi's phone. 

Both women spent the remaining afternoon with drafting a decent way to approach Kim Yongsun via text message. Wheein insisted to provide assistance in case her tall blonde friend would need a helping hand or a good advice but Byulyi didn't feel the need of any kind of support at all, she just wanted to get over with this awkward situation.

More than fifteen minutes passed since they decided to send the short and well written text but apart from that, nothing else has happened.

"I suppose she already went to sleep. It's very late."

Nodding in agreement, Wheein let out an exhausted yawning and collapsed on her friend's shoulder. The older woman felt her body's tension rising again and so did Wheein, who gave her shy friend a playful slap on her tighs. 

Byulyi's complains got drowned by the sudden buzzing of her phone. Immediately both women reached out for it but the small brunette with her skilled hands was slightly faster. 

Triumphantly she dangled the phone in front of the nervous blonde, smirking very satisfied with the reactions she caused.

A short pillow-fight later, Wheein finally gave up and Byulyi didn't waste another second to read her newest received message.

It was from her mother. 

"Your face kinda says it all, haha!"

Disappointed but also slightly embarrassed she threw another pillow at Wheein, who now couldn't restrain her laugh anymore. 

"Would you please shut up, it's all your fault! I never wanted to ask her for a meeting regarding our project, you made me do it!"

Half serious and half whining, Byulyi shoved Wheein's lazily hanging legs off her lap and dropped the phone on the small caffee table in front of them.

She couldn't believe that this stupid Kim Yongsun already affected her like that and when Wheein noticed her stressed out expression, she tried to ease the situation. 

"As you said, she must be sleeping already, so don't expect too much from her. Byul, you shouldn't blame anyone for your troubled feelings towards Yongsun. It was the best thing you could do in this situation, so be patient and calm down. Everything will be alright, you'll see."

"You're right, thank you. And sorry..."

"Its okay, I understand you somehow. This must be bothersome for you but it's not like your whole life depends on her. You'll find a way to deal with Yongsun and after your project is finished, you never have to cooperate with her again."

The small but smart brunette was right, Byulyi admitted to herself. There was no need to get stressed out at such an unhealthy level, so the tall woman decided to call it a day.

Byulyi felt bad for not being able to invite Wheein to stay at her place but the still very new apartment was a mess without sufficient space for a guest to spend the night at, so she send the small brunette off.

On her way out, Wheein suggested to get the place shipshaped this coming weekend and offered Byulyi her help, which the blonde gladly accepted.

Exhaustion washed over after her friend was gone and Byulyi soon found her peace and fell asleep very quickly. 

________________________

The following morning went on its usual routine and it seemed like Byulyi stopped to care the least bit about the raven-haired woman. It was an overall enjoyable day without any unexpected incidents.

Actually, the tall blonde felt so great that she wanted to go out with Wheein tonight and planned to inform her as soon as their lectures ended. There was only one last lesson left anyway.

When Byulyi wanted to take a short look at her schedule, she saw where her next lecture was located at.

It was a very unpleasant realization because it meant that she would have to see that Kim Yongsun and the creepy professor again but since it was unavoidable, Byulyi prepared herself for the worst case scenarios when she entered the small hall.

To her surprise, Kim Yongsun didn't sat on their table and she also wasn't found anywhere nearby. By the time the professor entered the room, Byulyi thought she won't see Yongsun's face today.

However, a few seconds later, a student gaspingly entered the hall and hurried to the chair next to Byulyi's.

Aside from the professor's strick gaze, no one paied attention to her. No one but Byulyi of course, who had the most unreadable expression stuck on her face, even when her project partner greeted her with a small but friendly voice.

Eventually, this made Byulyi feel more irritated than before. It was hard to read her and Byulyi hated it when people confuse her continuously.

Kim Yongsun was no exception, she was more like a perfect example of what Byulyi absolutely hated the most about humans and their behavior. She couldn't name what exactly annoyed her but without fail she could tell that literally everything about Yongsun bothered her.

The well organized equipment on their desk, Yongsun's shimmering black hair and perfect applied makeup, her slim and feminine body, the way she always smells like a flower boquet, the seemingly expensive clothes she wears, the way she speaks oh so nice to the professors, the way she smiles so innocent... Byulyi found everything about Yongsun too flawless, almost fake and it disgusted her more than anything else. Nevertheless she couldn't get this woman out of her head. 

"Is there something on my face?" 

"Huh?" 

"I asked if there's something on my face? You kept looking at me... " 

A little bit louder this time, Yongsu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter