First steps

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When a dream turns into a nightmare. 

That was exactly what Byulyi felt at the moment her's and Yongsun's gaze met.

Perplexed they kept staring at each other, too distracted from one another to notice that the background music for Yongsun's next song already started.

With curiosity Byulyi noticed that the dark pupils of the raven-haired woman expanded the longer both refused to look away. 

"Solar?" 

An echoing voice called out through the audio systems, successfully getting Yongsun's attention, who flinched at the sound and turned her back at Byulyi. 

Clearly more relaxed than before the tall blonde sighed deeply, relieved that this kind of intense moment got interrupted by someone.

A few steady breaths later she decided that under no circumstances she could possibly stay any minute longer. 

Maybe this was the last chance to just stand up and leave but a brief glance through the room convinced her to stay nonetheless. She didn't knew when or how but suddenly the small venue was almost bursting with people and there was no way she could push and shove unnoticed between the audience. 

She had to face the fact that there weren't really other options besides staying until Solar was done with performing and the crowd hopefully gone afterwards. 

If Byulyi only had known what awaited her... 

Not even a minute passed when the background music started over new. Loud cheers and wild applause followed shortly after. Byulyi, who had her hands covering her face and her elbows resting on the table, tried hard to pretend that she was somewhere else, anywhere but here.

Was it too absurd to believe that Kim Yongsun followed her like a bad curse? Because no matter how hard she tried to avoid her, the raven-haired woman was always present.

And now that woman also successfully destroyed Byulyi's short but meaningful experience with the mysterious singer who, to her dismay, turned out to be Yongsun, of all people.

It couldn't get any worse.

The singer stopped her lazy movements to the rhythm of the beat at some point and closed her distance to the edge of the stage. Byulyi became aware of her presence by the time only two meters separated the two women from each other. 

Finally daring enough to look up, she then witnessed a scene that made her jaw drop slightly but in a slow motion. 

In front of her stood Yongsun but the person she saw didn't seem like her at all. 

Especially when the singer took off her casual black blazer and threw it with a swift motion somewhere in the front rows, Byulyi was sure that this couldn't be the person she disliked so much. 

With a way too smug smile for the blonde woman's liking, Yongsun took the stand microphone in both her hands and closed her eyes to prepare herself for the performance. 

Shortly after, the background music got mixed with the wonderful vocals Byulyi recognized all too well. It wasn't exactly like that one night but hearing her again didn't feel as weird as she'd thought just a minute ago. 

Actually, the song was really good and the more Byulyi observed the singer, the more she felt intimidated by her. 

Yongsun just looked gorgeous with her heavy eye-shadow in combination with her long black curls that lay gently over her shoulder. 

She wore a white crop top with plain black jeans but something about this outfit made Byulyi's mind run wild, especially since she sang a rather y song. 

Shocked by her own thoughts, which she of course immediately shook out of her head, she no longer was able to prevent the embarrassment that quickly became visible on her cheeks.

Yongsun, who seemingly enjoys herself a lot right now, matched her movements with the slow rhythm of the beat and Byulyi once more questioned what she has gotten herself into. 

Although it was almost impossible for her to not pay attention on the singer's bold attitude, Byulyi really became fond of Yongsun's vocals the more she heard from her. 

It wasn't hard to close her eyes but somehow it caused her a lot of willpower to do so. Why was it so easy to enjoy this, especially after knowing who exactly was hidden behind Solar ? 

It was weird, indeed and nothing in Byulyi's mind sounded plausible enough to describe this sensation of joy and playfulness she felt. 

Slowly but surely she panicked, her once so harsh thoughts about Yongsun were gone for a moment and she if she wouldn't morbidly try to remind herself of the negative impressions, she would have felt guilty for thinking so bad about Yongsun.

Unfortunately, the singer reached the end of her song and Byulyi remained silent in her chair while the crowd went crazy for this breathtakingly but way too short performance. 

Yongsun was no longer to be found on the stage the moment Byulyi's mind was more or less sane again.

Without wasting another second she hurried towards the exit, breathing heavily when fresh air filled her lungs with the oxygen she hadn't had enough of a few minutes ago.

Was she going crazy? There definitely must have been something wrong with her, she thought while trying to catch her breath again. 

Luckily, she entered the 'wrong' exit and ended up an the parking lot of the building, which seemed to be a empty at the moment. 

Still feeling like her heart would explode any second, Byulyi slowly dropped her body and remained in a squatting position.

This woman, she thought to herself, almost laughing about the way she overreacted. 

Yongsun affected her in various ways but the least Byulyi wanted to happen was something that she couldn't even explain to herself. It was still the same annoying woman from college, so why did her mind and body react like that? Why couldn't Yongsun just leave her head? 

Frustrated with herself, Byulyi leaned on the wall behind her when she heard footsteps which clearly were approaching her. 

"Are you okay?"

No, no no no. This voice sounded too familiar, which was promptly confirmed by a quick raise of Byulyi's eyes. 

"I... am fine." was all Byulyi could answer while sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter