Unwanted reunion

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Difficulties melt away under tact."

 

Eventually, it took Byulyi exactly one night with a healthy amount of cries and Tangulu to forgive her newest friend Wheein, who was responsible for the unplanned and very unpleasant encounter with Kim Yongsun, the college's most famous but apparently most disliked person by Byulyi.

She didn't even bother to bring up the topic when the two girls met at the subway station like the day before and fortunately, Wheein didn't seem to have a greater interest in it either.

This day, they won't be attending the same courses but the short brunette made sure to lead Byulyi through the hallways until they arrived at the older one's destination.

It was Byulyi's first lesson in philosophy and also her first opportunity to feel excited rather than nervous or anxious since she was sure that nothing worse could happen at this point. 

But of course her expectations only lasted until she entered the lecture hall. 

In a split second, her previously flattering heart stopped banging excitedly but her chest felt like exploding nonetheless. Byulyi's eyes caught sight of the only living existence she didn't want to find here. 

As if she was speaking inaudible curses, her lips formed the words "Kim Yongsun" over and over again, to the point where a few of her fellow students started to observe her with caution.

Either Byulyi was blessed with bad luck or it was a pure coincidence that this woman, she absolutely and under no circumstances didn't waned to see, also attended the same course as she herself. Luckily, the professor soon started the tuition and Byulyi made sure to not sit near where Yongsun would get in her sight. This way, it was surprisingly easy to avoid her and the tall woman soon was able to focus completely on the professor's lecture.

As the hours passed, Byulyi absorbed more informations than she thought she could handle but her interests in literature and philosophy were always high since the day she started to read books at a very young age. Byulyi found comfort in those wonderful written stories and somehow, books always have been her only real friends.

Besides her family members, Byulyi rarely found interests in interacting with other people, so this became one of her traits she definitely wanted to change since she made the decision to come to Hongik university. 

 

The professor completed the first lecture with presenting the semester's curriculum and like most of her other colleagues, Byulyi stopped paying her whole attention to the lesson and looked up on her timetable for the location of her next lecture, already accepting that she won't be able to find this damn room on time. 

"And rember, the partner project isn't only part of our schedule for the next few weeks, it's also a great opportunity to get to know each other better. I don't want to hear any complaints about the setup. You're adults with a great high school degree, so use your skills to become a great student as well. Alright, let's get over with the pairings which I'll now announce. After that, you're free to leave."

Byulyi swore to herself she only got distracted for not more than a few seconds, so when did she missed all of this? The sound of dissatisfaction from her other colleagues was very audible but the professor unimpressed continued to write down the pairs on the large whiteboard. In order to prevent a huge mess due to the fact that the students didn't know the person they got together with, he gave every pair a table with a number and when Byulyi finally spotted her name next to the number 21, she waited impatiently for the name of her partner.

Obviously, Byulyi couldn't suppress her sudden excitement about those few little Hangul characters written next to her name. 

"Oh. OH... OH NO?!" 

All eyes were now fixed on the hysterically shouting woman. And after Byulyi literally jumped off her chair with all the noises a -holder could make, even the professor turned around to eye her with suspicion and disapproval. In fact, he looked just as intimidating as you would expect from an over 60 years old professor with a long, hooked nose and long limbs in general. 

He took of his reading glasses as if he wanted to get a better look of Byulyi and the tall woman quietly moved back on her place in an instant.

The whole room never got this silent before, so everyone felt very uncomfortable about moving to their reassigned table.

Byulyi only started to breathe again when a pair wanted to take their place on her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter