Bad Luck

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"​​​​​​The purpose of life is to reflect on our own mistakes and to overcome ourselves."

 

All beginnings are difficult.

Especially after a night with almost zero sleep. And who was to blame? No, not the rather provisional bed on which Byulyi hardly could sleep on. Not even the scary and most certainly cursed cabinet kept her awake, well, not mainly...

Very probably it was because of the magnificent voice, almost like a siren's song, which chased her in her dreams. 

A Somehow familiar voice which is too alluring to resist and too dangerous to follow. 

Curiosity and axinety were the names of the two worlds she was captured in between, unable to leave or follow even one of them. 

And while Byulyi hesitated, the voice became more urgent, forcing her to either come closer or to leave immediately. 

But she stood still. 

Insecure, she just stood still, ignoring all warnings behind the slow-rising volume of the previously lovely voice. Only when it started to get unbearable loud and the ringing in her ears made her so dizzy that everything around her turned blurry, Byulyi's body abruptly rised up as she freed herself from this nightmare. 

It took her a moment or two to stabilise her breathing again but a short gaze at her alarm clock made her realize, there was not time left to recover. 

"!" 

She was late. At her first day at college. What a great time to be late. 

Byulyi collected all her necessaries and simply skipped her morning routines, which normally contained a healthy amount of food and a long shower. 

Annoyed and very hungry she fought her way through the crowd of people at the subway station while mentally noting that in her current life, she will never oversleep again. 

Today was a day of desasters and Byulyi really outdid herself this time. As if all what happened even before she entered the campus for the first time wasn't bad enough, she of course had to forget where her first lecture was located at. 

Frustrated she literally ran through all the buildings, searching for her destination. Her head was running wild with worries and anger as 'what if' questions popped up in her head, making it even more difficult to have rational thoughts. 

However, all her problems were solved by a sudden dull pain on her head. No worrying, no running, no anything at all. Motionless, she was lying on the ground. 

"Dang it, that hurts!" 

With a growling voice, which certainly wasn't Byulyi's, another person stood up from the ground, not noticing the still immobile Byulyi on the ground. 

Luckily, or perhaps not so luckily, a few witnessers who watched the whole accident from further away, closed their distance as one of them finally dared to help up Byulyi. 

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" 

With hardly blinking eyes, she tried to look up at the stranger but a sharp sting on her head makes it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter