One of a kind

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"As cold as those days became, my heart begun to freeze."

Gigantic eyes scanned Byulyi's apartment as they  both arrived at her new flat. Quickly after Wheein's self-invented room tour, a mix of worry and curiosity lingered on the small brunette's face. The painfully huge amount of packing cases were spread everywhere and that's pretty much everything Wheein could spot. Wondering under which circumstances Byulyi had to live in, she dared to inspected the inside of the taller woman's home a little bit more. At least there was a fully furnished kitchen and compared to the rest of the apartment, it looked expensive enough to make her wonder why the other woman lived this way. 

Just like her home, Byulyi looked so empty and abandoned, the younger woman thought to herself while observing the back of the taller woman, who in the meantime started to prepare something in her modern open-plan kitchen. 

The cautiously visitor tried to carefully approach her, unsure of what to say.

"So you... Live here all by yourself?" 

Her gloomy pitched voice finally caught Byulyi's attention and when she turned around, Wheein could see the nicely prepared serving plate with sweet delicacies placed in both her hands.
The older woman noticed her surprised gaze and for the first time since both women met each other, Byulyi smiled, sheepishly and short, but the younger witnessed it nonetheless and she couldn't help but to return the favor. 

"Thank you for the nice treat! And thank you for letting me enter your home..."

Muttering, Wheein finished her sentence while her eyes once again wandered through the kitchen area and an empty room which most likely was supposed to be the living room. In an awkward silence, Byulyi prepared everything on the counter and when she was done, she finally spoke up. 

"...Yes, I do live here alone. Though, I don't like the term 'alone', it's freaking me out haha."

Smiling sweetly, Wheein encouraged her to continue while eating one of the sweets Byulyi served. 

"See, I just moved in and I'm still not used to this urban life thing. Everything is a mess right now. I barely slept the first night here, I couldn't find the location of my classes today and on top of that, I probab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter